Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Best SUBS + AMP for daily driver?

Jester FPS

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm looking for some 10 inch subs, two preferrably and a good enough amp. I am looking at the Alpine Type-R subs, are those any good? and what's a good amp to get? Money is not an issue but I don't want to spend too much on crappy bass, just balanced where I can crank it up if I want to and set off alarms. :D

Skilla_Staz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
10's? Weak. 12's are a better bet, and if money isn't an issue...

MTX JACKHAMMER

Create Reality

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I am also looking for a 10 inch woofer and a small amp. Im not after big bass with it, just enough to make the bass tones audible over the engine. With any woofer, you'll also want a capacitor so you don't see your headlights ducking out when the bass hits :p From what I know, JL Audio, Kicker, Pioneer, all make good solid subs. Don't know as much about the amp tho.

PRMoon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I got a JLA 10" sub and a 500 watt amp installed in my celica for $200 dollars. It won't blow out the windows in your neighbor hood but it hits decent enough. That MTX Jackhammer is rediculous, you'd need an extra battery at least just to power that thing, not to mention that it'll rattle out all the screws in your car. A basic 10 should do you well enough. Just go to a local audio installer or call around, they should be able to take care of you with little difficulty. Keep it simple, you're not a rapper trying to demo your stuff so keep it real.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's not the size the counts. The quality of the speaker and amp is more important that the size and the often-inflated amperage number. Go to a stereo store and listen to how Boston Accoustics, MB Quart, Polk, and other quality brands sound next to the cheap stuff that is made for ghetto kids who don't know any better. Ebay is usually the best for price.

Skilla_Staz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Mac_Laaarry

Don Juan
Reaction score
GO with the alpine type R subs they crush. Unless you re tryin to enter a competition the 10" alpines will give you all you need, make sure they come in a good box. If money is no issue get an alpine amp 600watt min, along with an alpine deck if you dont have a good player already. You cant go wrong with this set-up alpines are among the best on the market.