Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Best proof about why looks don't matter

Status
Not open for further replies.

J. Darko

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I hate to break your heart, but he's prettier than her.

nismo-4

Reaction score
From New Orleans, Louisiana to Atlanta, Georgia!!!
Duffdog said:
Haven't you learned anything here? Looks don't matter when the guy has lots of status or wealth. And no, that chic isn't that hot. I know 1 ugly guy who gets hot girls all the time, he is short and fat and balding and...he has a Learjet.
Men need to wake up and understand that the holy trinity of constantly getting women is Money, Looks, and Status. Pick one of these and run with it.

At the OP, the guy might have one of these factors of the holy trinity.

Any girl will forgive an ugly body if there's a Bentley in an exclusive million dollar subdivision. Or if he's a CEO.

Case closed.

Just a Shot Away

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Veridin said:
Looks matter. But no one likes to hear it, because it sucks, right?
Wrong. I get compliments on my looks constantly but get no play. Weird, huh? Not really, considering all the major polls and studies done on this subject (by people who actually know what they're talking about, i.e. evolutionary biologists) say that confidence is number one. I mean, this isn't news. Any guru or PUA will tell you this. It's in the first few pages of the Bible.

Without confidence, you're dead in the water. It's real simple.

nismo-4 said:
he holy trinity of constantly getting women is Money, Looks, and Status.
Dude that is one of the most AFC things I've heard on here. For you to sit there and actually try to say that "good looks" are more important in the seduction game than confidence, masculinity, leadership/AMOG, or even fame is laughable. Where did you even get that from?

Special T

Don Juan
Reaction score
can You All Make Up Your Mind? Does Looks Matter Or Not? This Question Has Been Asked A Bajillion Times On These Forums!

My Opinion Is Looks Matter To An Extent. Will You Embarrass Her When Her Friends Or Social Circle Sees You? That's Really What Counts. If You're Not Horrible Looking And Can Dress Okay, You Have A Shot With Any Female. But This Is Only True When You Have The Confidence And Social Saavy To Back It Up.

The Only Time Money And Status Comes Into Play Is If You Meet A Girl In A "fast" Environment (clubs, Rodeo Drive, Etc).

Darko J.

Don Juan
Reaction score
Just a Shot Away said:
Wrong. I get compliments on my looks constantly but get no play. Weird, huh? Not really, considering all the major polls and studies done on this subject (by people who actually know what they're talking about, i.e. evolutionary biologists) say that confidence is number one. I mean, this isn't news. Any guru or PUA will tell you this. It's in the first few pages of the Bible.

Dude that is one of the most AFC things I've heard on here. For you to sit there and actually try to say that "good looks" are more important in the seduction game than confidence, masculinity, leadership/AMOG, or even fame is laughable. Where did you even get that from?
You´re the one who´s laughable. Show me a scientific research article, accepted in the academic world, that states that confidence is number one. You can´t, so quit the pseudoscience please.

Penalty

Don Juan
Reaction score
I am usually a lurker but I feel compelled to comment.

Many guys on here think only in black and white and it p1sses me off. Is that the only mode in which you think, black and white? Looks matter/looks don't matter.

Looks DO matter but they are not the be all and end all. A post I once read that I agree with is that looks are like being armed with the best opener. Don't be so blind as to think looks do not matter at all

Just a Shot Away

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Darko said:
You´re the one who´s laughable. Show me a scientific research article, accepted in the academic world, that states that confidence is number one.
http://hubpages.com/hub/The-single-greatest-attractive-quality--confidence

I kind of lucked out with that one. :p Only a minute and a half of googling, too. Multiple doctors explaining what me, and any PUA worth their salt already knows. Take an introductory biology class man. This is rudimentary material.

Penalty said:
Looks DO matter but they are not the be all and end all. A post I once read that I agree with is that looks are like being armed with the best opener. Don't be so blind as to think looks do not matter at all
Okay, yeah. I don't think anyone's saying that, though. The issue is if you WILL get chicks with good lucks, or if you WON'T without them. The answer to both questions is a resounding "no." Same deal when skin color or the kind of car you drive comes into question. It really sounds very silly when put into perspective. Can you only get girls if you drive a Lamborghini? Are you doomed to celibacy if you drive a beat-up Datsun? You see what I mean? These self-limiting beliefs are a nasty way to try to keep AFC's from realizing their potential. I see no reason why someone would want to try to instill this garbage into another guy's mind, other than for self-benefit by thinning out the competition.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm seriously beginning to think that confidence on men is like boobs on a girl. They can't keep their eyes off it.

For you to sit there and actually try to say that "good looks" are more important in the seduction game than confidence, masculinity, leadership/AMOG, or even fame is laughable.
Looks, money, status, are all important, just as confidence, masculinity, and leadership is. They're all factors. And one is not mutually exclusive to the other. The good news for men is that there is more than one path to the top of the mountain.

I think when guys get so hung up on thier looks, they're having one major problem: They think that because looks are so important to THEM, they must be important to women also. You have to remember that men and women are OPPOSITES, and that's why they attract each other. Attraction does not work the same way with women as it does with men. Looks are an asset for a male that a woman will appreciate, but it's not the huge deal with them that it is with guys. Woman are more attracted to a guy's behavior and social status.

ChaoticGamer

Don Juan
Reaction score
J. Darko said:
I hate to break your heart, but he's prettier than her.
Where are you from Darko?

I only ask because, that is the only reason I can imagine for you to have said that. The couple in the picture are from a latin-american country where a dark skin tone, and native indian facial features are considered to be less attractive. I'm merely mentioning how things are.
Specially in the country She's from, and the zone in that country she's from.

I could say a lot of more specific facts, but to summarize, what I'm trying to say is that girls like her in her region are known to only select other males of her same race... That's why I thought it was a great accomplishment by him.....

So, probably where you're from a dark skin tone is perceived as more attractive to girls.

Just a thought.

PS. By the way, a rounded-looking face, a -fat- face is universally a sign of bad health, a big turn-off, I think it's totally out place to say He is in fact prettier.

OldbutSTRONG

Don Juan
Reaction score
From that picture, she's not a 9, maybe a 6-7. In real life she's probably prettier but I highly doubt a 9.

And judging from that picture, I'd say that guy has great social skills. ****y, funny, and confident. Looks like a wannabe rapster. And he's not that hideous looking at all.

What I find really amusing is when any person sees one example and presumes that because it works in one case it has to apply to everyone else.

" I know a poor guy who gets tons of tail!"
" I know a fat guy who gets tons of tail!"
" I know a short guy who gets tons of tail!"
" I know a guy living at home who gets tons of tail!"

It's horrible to give examples of guys bucking the odds because it's like telling everyone not to improve at all.

bigjohnson

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
OldbutSTRONG said:
What I find really amusing is when any person sees one example and presumes that because it works in one case it has to apply to everyone else.

" I know a poor guy who gets tons of tail!"
" I know a fat guy who gets tons of tail!"
" I know a short guy who gets tons of tail!"
" I know a guy living at home who gets tons of tail!"

To go old school, "the race is not always to the swift". The obvious truth is that while the previous statement is true strictly speaking, the swift is still the smart bet. This is the core of why "the plural of anecdote is not data".

Darko J.

Don Juan
Reaction score
ChaoticGamer said:
Where are you from Darko?

I only ask because, that is the only reason I can imagine for you to have said that. The couple in the picture are from a latin-american country where a dark skin tone, and native indian facial features are considered to be less attractive. I'm merely mentioning how things are.
Specially in the country She's from, and the zone in that country she's from.

I could say a lot of more specific facts, but to summarize, what I'm trying to say is that girls like her in her region are known to only select other males of her same race... That's why I thought it was a great accomplishment by him.....

So, probably where you're from a dark skin tone is perceived as more attractive to girls.

Just a thought.

PS. By the way, a rounded-looking face, a -fat- face is universally a sign of bad health, a big turn-off, I think it's totally out place to say He is in fact prettier.
Well, I live in Holland and a lot of girls here dig foreign people with a dark skin tone. Probably because they have a ''bad guy'' image. So you certainly have a point. Yet, people here tend to be more attracted by their own race as well. But in general, it's more common for white girls to be attracted by dark guys than for white guys to be attracted to dark girls.

bigjohnson

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Darko said:
..... it's more common for white girls to be attracted by dark guys than for white guys to be attracted to dark girls.

maybe in Holland, but over here in the Pacific NW of the USA "yellow fever" is a common situation, I know I like the cute little Asian ladies.

ChaoticGamer

Don Juan
Reaction score
Not steering away much from the original context, I only have to add that... the guy in the picture is the standard for ugly around here.

Now, that previous statement I've already mentioned, but there's one particular and remaining fact, I'll mention right now...

In this country, there's a direct relation between money/wealth and race.

YES ! read it again.

It is highly unusual to the point of zero to find a guy who has a lot money looking like him. Being myself someone who knows the social arena here, I can easily tell by the way he dresses that HE IS NOT a Rich person. To me it is as obvious as the sour of lemons.

So, it's got to be another factor.... not looks, not money...
Perhaps something along the lines of Attitude.

I read a comment in another picture where he appears alone that reads as follows....

"Believe it or not she has actually made me smile for a picture".

Apparently this guy never smiles for pictures. A good thing to analyze, right? Maybe has to do with his overall personality.... Just sayin'

CG

Falcon25

Banned
Reaction score
1. LOOKS
2. MONEY
3. EVERYTHING ELSE (Confidence, savvy, charisma, etc.)

If you think this is not the order of life when it comes to women, you are in need of help.

Diamondhead

Reaction score
I always felt a suitable analogy for the looks/personality debate to be the size+strength/technique debate in combat sports, for those of you that follow those.

size/strength can be equated to looks. Technique can be equated to what most refer to as "game"

to me it's not an on/off black/white issue. It's a combination of both (not to mention other variables and intangibles).

If some guy is at the extreme high end of the scale in terms of strength, power, and size, he will likely be able to defeat many smaller, weaker, but technically superior fighters be virtue of genetic traits alone. The fact that weightclasses exist prove this point.

That said, there's also plenty of examples of physically inferior fighters who compensate w/ superior technical skills and defeat fighters whom they are outclassed by physically in every sense. In fact, arguably the greatest HW MMA fighter in the world is a guy who's undersized and far from the most physically gifted fighter.

Those who possess ample amounts of both....those are the ones you really are ****ed against. And they do exist.

People don't want to admit looks matter, or that size/strength matter, or height matters, or anything of the sort because they are largely genetic traits that we have little control over. It's natural to align closer in the camps that promote some degree of control and advancement, like game and technique. Those things can be learned.

And while everyone should be encouraged to build themselves up as best they can and play the hand they were dealt......at the same time, it's frustrating and hard to have a meaningful conversation with those who excuse themselves from reality and pretend certain things don't matter at all when they clearly do to anyone who's been alive and observed human behavior.

Special T

Don Juan
Reaction score
Falcon25 said:
1. LOOKS
2. MONEY

If you think this is not the order of life when it comes to women, you are in need of help.
Most guys are average looking.

Most guys have average jobs (meaning pulling more than 100k a year isn't the norm).

So you're saying that most guys will fail with women?

Just a Shot Away

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Falcon25 said:
1. LOOKS
2. MONEY

You heard it here first, folks. Falcon25 is officially petitioning for the removal of the DJ Bible from SoSuave.net. Furthermore, Falcon25 advises you to stop trying unless you are good-looking and/or rich because you will fail every time...UNLESS everyone in the room is ugly, poor, and has low self-esteem and you happen to be confident.

Seriously, just stop this crap. You guys are making yourselves sound ignorant. Anyone who knows anything about evolution and has read any PUA material at ALL will tell you that this way of thinking is just about as AFC as it gets. Your jawline/facial symmetry is not what determines if you will bang the girl in the bar. Stop trying to convince impressionable AFC's otherwise. It's one of the most counterproductive things you can do on this site.

Recon

Don Juan
Reaction score
Look, the fact is looks play a much bigger role in the beginning than confidence etc..simply because there are easier for a girl to observe on first meeting you. I don't want to add to this argument though because it just rages on and on.

Anyway, to the OP, which is what this thread is about...I think we all need to take a look at the movie "He's just not that into you" (Yeah i saw it with my ex-gf)

The most important thing I heard in the movie was... "He is the exception NOT the rule", so just accept it.

Btw, I think that girl is easily a 7+, i dont know what kind of girls you all see, but around my area she'd be highly sought after.

Status
Not open for further replies.