Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Best Multi-Vitamin?

CrashOverRide

Don Juan
Reaction score
There's so many out there.... which do you all prefer and why?

I have taken the general centrums... and recently picked up some Mega Men from GNC (a lot more expensive)

Do they all essentially have the same vitamins/herbs etc....?

NorwegianDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have no idea about brands. What I do know to be mostly good and prefer though is a higher zinc content, less vitamin A, more vitamin D, and less to no iron.

marmel75

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Multi-Life no iron formula by Enzyme Process are among the best and Opti-Men by Optimum Nutrition is good also. I have tried both and prefer Multi-Life. You can find either online for about $18 for a 2 month supply. Be very careful about adding excess iron to your body as it is being suspected more and more that excessive iron leads to early death especially in men who unlike women do not lose some iron each month for about 25-30 years by bleeding it out. In fact, some have gone so far as to say this is what causes the expected life differential between men and women, which I believe is about 6 years...

U

user43770

I take Adam, by Now Foods. It's a quality multi for a good price. You can get a 3 month supply for about $20 on Amazon.

Edit - I was mistaken, it's actually about the same price as the ones marmel75 mentioned.

nmartinez12443

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Have tried several

I have tried Opti-Men, Adam, orange triad, centrum, and ast-pro. The best out of those is orange triad, best sources of vits and has joints supplements. Same price as others.

StateOfMind

Don Juan
Reaction score
Dont take multi vitamins... It robs you of already existing vitamins in your body. Look it up.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
StateOfMind said:
Dont take multi vitamins... It robs you of already existing vitamins in your body. Look it up.
I thought it was just a benevolent waste of time, because the contents of the pill are all synthesized, and the body can hardly absorb them. If you were genuinely starving and malnourished, the supplement can be useful to correct accumulated deficiencies. But then again, if you have a computer to read this post, you probably aren't starving to death.

Although it's somewhat of a tangent because the research only addressed people who take massive amounts of vitamins, a recent study concluded that, in very large quantities over time, people who take large doses of vitamins tend to die sooner that people who don't.

Quiksilver

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Best multivitamin =

Banana
Apple
Orange
Spinach
Broccoli
Raw egg
250mL milk
2 scoop whey isolate

Put those in a blender with some ice, blend it all up.

Thats a real multi-vitamin.

As for pills, I don't know. I currently take Swisse Men's Ultivite ... Not sure multis even do anything, but hey why not.

Powerofmindset

Don Juan
Reaction score
Best: Animal Pak

Any other questions let me know...I've done a crazy amount of research on supplements.

Quiksilver

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
EvilAgenda said:
I just ordered Opti-Men. They seem to be the most used on bodybuilding.com

To me vitamins are vitamins, they aren't gonna miraculously make you strong and build your muscle. No, they are there to keep you healthy, so pretty much any vitamins will do. Just get the ones that target men obviously, and not women.
I always thought the point of taking vitamins and supplements in general was just to allow you to train harder and longer without overtraining or getting sick or whatever.

DonaldClark

Reaction score
I agree with Quiksilver..I am not completely in favor of taking vitamins in the form of pills or other forms. I believe that the fresh vegetables and fruits are pack of vitamins. So, it is better to than pills. Yes, it's an exception for those people who are bodybuilding. But taking it in huge amount will surely affect bad on you body.

Last edited by a moderator:

FairShake

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I use Alive's No Iron Added Whole Food Energizer. It does have some Iron but a very low dosage. Not enough to upset your stomach especially if taken with food. Gives me a noticeable energy boost. Great price too for quality and quantity. Gives you about 1000 IU of Vitamin D too which is the recommended dosage.

I also take Vitamin Shoppe's Omega 3 Fish Oil 600 EPA/240 DHA. Again, great bang for your buck and very high levels of the EPA and DHA you want. Solgar has a great product too for Fish Oil as well. It's expensive but it has some of the highest DHA I've found at 378. It's the Solgar 950 product.

Last edited:

don't

Don Juan
Reaction score
plants can't absorb what aint in the soil around them, so it's a fact that many of them are deficient in selenium, etc. Dunno about vitamin shortages in plants, but it seems likely to be true of some of them, too. Eating raw eggs causes u run the danger of salmonella poisoning, you know. Eating lots of fruit=eating lots of sugar, not so very good an idea.

CrashOverRide

Don Juan
Reaction score
Bible_Belt said:
I thought it was just a benevolent waste of time, because the contents of the pill are all synthesized, and the body can hardly absorb them. If you were genuinely starving and malnourished, the supplement can be useful to correct accumulated deficiencies. But then again, if you have a computer to read this post, you probably aren't starving to death.

Although it's somewhat of a tangent because the research only addressed people who take massive amounts of vitamins, a recent study concluded that, in very large quantities over time, people who take large doses of vitamins tend to die sooner that people who don't.
I never hear this before.... I thought vitamins in general are encouraged... even flinstone vitamins kids take

Down Low

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Quiksilver said:
Best multivitamin =

Banana
Apple
Orange
Spinach
Broccoli
Raw egg
250mL milk
2 scoop whey isolate

Put those in a blender with some ice, blend it all up.

Thats a real multi-vitamin.
Sounds more like an Orange Julius.

You should replace the milk and whey powder with vanilla ice cream, so that you can add bitter cranberry and grapefruit juices for their antioxident properties. Skip the ice and use some frozen strawberries instead.

Apples have little nutritional value. Skip 'em.

I'm not a fan of calcium from greens b-cuz oxalic acid binds to calcium and renders it unavailable.

Don't eat raw egg. The albumin binds to B vitamins and renders them unavailable.

AmIAFC

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Animal Pak

Been taking it for 2 years now, and the sight of neon-yellow piss in the morning never gets old.