Best Cities for Friendly Women, Dating?

PowerAbuse

Don Juan
Reaction score
I've been living in Santa Barbara, CA for the past 7 years, and have gone on a total of maybe 2-3 dates (no lays and no relationships) in that entire time. Sure, the women here are incredibly beautiful, but so are the men (no homo). And being an average height, skinny white guy, I feel like a Chinese guy trying to find dates in an African village (meaning, I feel out of place). There have been women interested in me here and there, some more attractive than others, but as my confidence declined, so did my ability to capitalize on those opportunities (and the frequency of those opportunities gradually declined to zero as well).

I didn't have any problems before Santa Barbara, so I'm convinced that a change of environment will help me out of this rut. I'm considering US cities that fit these top 3 criteria:

• Women: must be friendly, approachable, down-to-earth women (and preferably a higher female-to-male ratio)
  • Weather: must be warm year-round
  • Cost: must be reasonable to buy/rent a home

From what I've read on the forum, and on various other sites, etc. I've put together a list of cities that I am considering. I'd like to try living in each of the following cities for about 1 month:

California
  • San Jose, CA (SF Bay Area, Silicon Valley)
  • Los Angeles, CA (Santa Monica, Westwood, West Hollywood, Long Beach)
  • Ventura/Oxnard, CA
  • Southern California (Irvine, Tustin, Mission Viejo)

Texas
  • Dallas, TX (Plano)
  • Austin, TX

Other States
  • Phoenix, AZ (Scottsdale, Tempe)
  • Las Vegas, NV (Henderson, Summerlin)
  • Denver, CO
  • Atlanta, GA

- What are your experiences with women in any of these places?
- Is there a city you would recommend that's not on my list (in the US)?
- Which city is the best for meeting approachable, friendly women?

(I'm not necessarily into the bar / night scene, but just in general)

And if any of you live in any of these cities, I'd be happy to buy you a beer when I swing by.

Thanks a lot for your help.
- P

TheGambino

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
MARRAKECH MOROCCO let's hire an appartment with a pool with all members and have a DJ vacation this summer, who's in!??!?!

Mr.Positive

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I remember visiting Santa Barbara and thinking it would be a great place to live. A couple of suggestions, I would strongly recommend picking a place to live solely on whether there's a lot of women. Most places, unless you pick some remote town in Alaska, do have single women and though it may be harder to meet them, you can up your game a bit if you need too. If you like living in Santa Barbara, maybe start hitting the weights and bulking up. Or, get involved with activities that get you out meeting beautiful women, such as surfing, running on the beach, etc. Women love beaches.

To answer your question about what cities...check out San Francisco. Because of the high gay population, there's a lot of single women in SF. Plus, they are, in general, beautiful. Plus, SF is a big tourist attraction, women from all over visit. The key is to live in the city, or very close. For some reason, women in SF tend to only date guys who actually live in SF too. Strange dynamic, for sure.

Bokanovsky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Mr.Positive said:
To answer your question about what cities...check out San Francisco. Because of the high gay population, there's a lot of single women in SF.
Not a great suggestion IMO. San Francisco is one of the most liberal cites in the U.S. and is teeming with ugly, feminist types. It's also a very affluent area, meaning that even bottom tier women feel entitled to a man with a good job. There is a reason why so many men is SF have turned gay.

Mr.Positive

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bokanovsky said:
Not a great suggestion IMO. San Francisco is one of the most liberal cites in the U.S. and is teeming with ugly, feminist types. It's also a very affluent area, meaning that even bottom tier women feel entitled to a man with a good job. There is a reason why so many men is SF have turned gay.
I guess this is a matter of perception. It would be good to get some other opinions on SF. I don't hang out there, but do work out of the city. It seems to me there's hot babes everywhere. Plus, some of the guys I work with actually live in the city, and they do great with women. Again, they live there though.

spiegel549

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
PowerAbuse said:
I've been living in Santa Barbara, CA for the past 7 years, and have gone on a total of maybe 2-3 dates (no lays and no relationships) in that entire time. Sure, the women here are incredibly beautiful, but so are the men (no homo). And being an average height, skinny white guy, I feel like a Chinese guy trying to find dates in an African village (meaning, I feel out of place). There have been women interested in me here and there, some more attractive than others, but as my confidence declined, so did my ability to capitalize on those opportunities (and the frequency of those opportunities gradually declined to zero as well).

I didn't have any problems before Santa Barbara, so I'm convinced that a change of environment will help me out of this rut. I'm considering US cities that fit these top 3 criteria:

• Women: must be friendly, approachable, down-to-earth women (and preferably a higher female-to-male ratio)
  • Weather: must be warm year-round
  • Cost: must be reasonable to buy/rent a home

From what I've read on the forum, and on various other sites, etc. I've put together a list of cities that I am considering. I'd like to try living in each of the following cities for about 1 month:

California
  • San Jose, CA (SF Bay Area, Silicon Valley)
  • Los Angeles, CA (Santa Monica, Westwood, West Hollywood, Long Beach)
  • Ventura/Oxnard, CA
  • Southern California (Irvine, Tustin, Mission Viejo)

Texas
  • Dallas, TX (Plano)
  • Austin, TX

Other States
  • Phoenix, AZ (Scottsdale, Tempe)
  • Las Vegas, NV (Henderson, Summerlin)
  • Denver, CO
  • Atlanta, GA

- What are your experiences with women in any of these places?
- Is there a city you would recommend that's not on my list (in the US)?
- Which city is the best for meeting approachable, friendly women?

(I'm not necessarily into the bar / night scene, but just in general)

And if any of you live in any of these cities, I'd be happy to buy you a beer when I swing by.

Thanks a lot for your help.
- P
I have lived in Los Angeles for the past 5 years. I meet a ton of beautiful women, go on plenty of dates, and get laid.

The real question should be what are you not doing? Moving to a new place is not going to magically increase your dates & lays.

Are you dressing your best? Maybe its time for a new haircut, get yourself some new clothes, start working out and get some definition or some muscle size.

Are you being outgoing enough? Cold approaching random women? No offense but 7 years in Santa Barbara with no dates and no lays, its not the city its YOU bro!!!

VladPatton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What, no, NYC??? The attitude capital of the world??? lol

Rocky_Wayne

Don Juan
Reaction score
VladPatton said:
What, no, NYC??? The attitude capital of the world??? lol
NYC is good for alpha guys, wimps dont do very well here.

HowardHughesDicaprio

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Avoid anywhere in Northern California, they used to call San Jose "Man jose" and San Francisco has the most entitled women out there. Being that you are a White guy you might be able to get some Asian girls there but I say, why not go down to San Diego? I am Middle Eastern and I found it very easy to be with the White girls there as opposed to elsewhere in America.

Listen to the other guy that said avoid the south.

Go to New England or the Upper Midwest, you might have a chance there.

Last edited:

skinnyguy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you're white you'll get laid in the Bay Area guaranteed. Just go up to an Asian chick and her panties will drop.

jafyk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I live in San Diego there's a lot to do. So, many hot women when I go to Target or the grocery store in general. For the most part most are approachable and not stuck up.

SeymourCake

Banned
Reaction score
I prefer NYC. When I get money, I'm gonna move back.

PowerAbuse

Don Juan
Reaction score
Mr.Positive said:
...check out San Francisco. Because of the high gay population, there's a lot of single women in SF. Plus, they are, in general, beautiful. Plus, SF is a big tourist attraction, women from all over visit. The key is to live in the city, or very close. For some reason, women in SF tend to only date guys who actually live in SF too. Strange dynamic, for sure.
Dhoulmagus said:
Anywhere but northern cali and the south
Bokanovsky said:
San Francisco is one of the most liberal cites in the U.S. and is teeming with ugly, feminist types. It's also a very affluent area, meaning that even bottom tier women feel entitled to a man with a good job. There is a reason why so many men is SF have turned gay.
HowardHughesDicaprio said:
Avoid anywhere in Northern California, they used to call San Jose "Man jose" and San Francisco has the most entitled women out there.
Well, I think the negative opinions on the San Francisco Bay area pretty much solidify my own preconceived notions. I have an Indian friend who lives within the city of SF, and he does quite well with the ladies. He tells me that women there are prettier and easier than NYC for him, although he's well-off financially. Not so sure if I value his opinion as much any more after reading the bit about women preferring guys who live in SF, that's really interesting how it coincides with his experience. Really glad I posted this thread to get these opinions.

PowerAbuse

Don Juan
Reaction score
spiegel549 said:
I have lived in Los Angeles for the past 5 years. I meet a ton of beautiful women, go on plenty of dates, and get laid.
Right on, personally, of the cities in my list, I love LA. The only reservation I've had about living there is the real estate market is tougher to get into (for my line of work). Your comment (while taken out of context ;) from the rest of your post) certainly makes me want to revisit.

spiegel549 said:
The real question should be what are you not doing? Moving to a new place is not going to magically increase your dates & lays.

Are you dressing your best? Maybe its time for a new haircut, get yourself some new clothes, start working out and get some definition or some muscle size.

Are you being outgoing enough? Cold approaching random women? No offense but 7 years in Santa Barbara with no dates and no lays, its not the city its YOU bro!!!
You're right, I'll admit, most of it it does fall on me.

I dress well. Being that SB is a college town though, most guys (and girls) dress in college-branded T's and gym clothes, so I sometimes feel like I stick out just wearing my collared polos and nice jeans (almost feels like I'm peacocking without actually trying). When I first moved here, a few people jokingly mentioned that I look like a player because of the way I dressed (I was dressing in my normal style, but I guess it seemed too sharp), so I started dressing down a lot more.

Hair - I need to work on that. I'm losing my hair (not noticeably yet), but I can get a bit creative with what I have.

Approaches - The first year I moved here, I was approaching, meeting women and even making friends. After a few dates, I started noticing that most people know each other through a friend or acquaintance.

When I walk downtown on any given day, I'll run into 4-5 people that I know. Even when driving around I'll sometimes spot acquaintances in their cars or on a bike, etc. It may seem cool to see people you know, but in my experience it feels like you're actions are recorded by the masses of interconnected people.

One time I was trying to flirt with a woman - she wasn't open to it, and turns out she's my colleague's wife. That made my coworker relationship a bit stressed for a few months. Another time I met a woman at a club, got her number, went on a date and didn't quite click. A few weeks later I noticed that she works as a teller at the bank I frequent. Nice.

My most 'successful' experience was with a woman who approached me at an open house event. We went on a few dates and one night we almost had sex but I couldn't quite get it up (we had a lot to drink). It was technically her last night in town before moving to NYC for a new job. A few months later I found out that she was good friends with an intern at our office. The way I found out was because my boss made a joke about me going 'limp' when closing a sale, and after prying around about the recurring 'limp' jokes, I found out that the whole office pretty much knew.

Fun times. After a few of those awkward situations, I became really paranoid, and my confidence sank. So for the next few years I basically avoided women, fearing that they may be close to someone at my job, etc.

Anyway, I'm hoping that by moving to a big city, I can significantly decrease the chances of these coincidences, and thereby remove the fear that's been eating me up inside. To be completely honest, the question about find a city with the friendliest women really isn't as important as finding a city with the largest population of women.