Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Best 40 workout tips

The Bat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
http://www.t-nation.com/article/most_recent/poliquins_top_20_tips
http://www.t-nation.com/article/most_recent/more_poliquin_top_tips

Check out these two articles. They are tips from a bodybuilding veteran Charles Poliquin. He is a very credible expert to give these tips so listen up. Some excerpts:

1. Be as Strong as You Look

I've had the opportunity to train arms with a whole slew of pros, and I can generally handle more weight than they can, using stricter form, even though they're usually up to 70 or 80 pounds heavier than I am. The secret to my superior relative strength comes from the regular use of maximal weights. Most bodybuilders stick religiously to a 6 to 12 rep range when training arms. On the other hand, there are plenty of strongman contest competitors with massive arms who are every bit as strong as they look. What's the difference? Strongman competitors train using few exercises, done for multiple sets of low reps with long rest intervals between sets.
He is dead on. I'm a perfect example of this superior relative strength he is talking about. I'm one of the lightest guys at the gym (I'm pretty sure I'm the lightest one) but I row, bench, squat, and deadlift just as much, if not more, than most guys who are at least 20 pounds heavier than me. Enough with the self-absorbed ego talk and onward with some golden tips.

Every single Olympian I've trained used split routines. I've been in this profession for 26 years and no one has ever convinced me, by their results, that full body routines are the only way to go.
Variety is not only the spice of life; it's the main ingredient of bodybuilding and strength training success.
The Cardinal Rule of bodybuilding, my friends.

11. Bench Press Overrated?

Some guys grow with the bench and some don't. But go to the world championships in powerlifting and you'll see plenty of guys with big pecs, and all they do for their chest is bench. But I'd say that if you're pressed for time, any type of dumbbell press will be more efficient (all factors being equal).
13. Chins: The Upper Body Squat

The chin-up and its variations should be considered an "upper body squat" because of its mass-building qualities and its ability to quickly increase functional strength. Chin-ups involve the sternal portion of the pectoralis major, latissimus dorsi, teres major, posterior deltoid, the rhomboids, the middle and lower portions of the trapezius, and the elbow flexors. A chin-up specialization program will not only build impressive width and thickness to your back, but will also pack solid inches on your arms by promoting growth on your biceps, brachialis, brachio-radialis, and pronator teres.
I'll be honest here. I'm terrible at all chin/pull ups except close grip, palms facing each other, chin ups. I have noticed though a substantial growth in my bicep width whenever I stay on the close grip, palms facing chin up cycle. I guess I'll have to bust out more of these soon.

But when you're trying to build muscle, then yes, you should be sore to some degree after the first two workouts. The next four workouts you adapt, and then by the sixth workout you're ready for new soreness from doing something else. The rule is, the program is only as good as the time it takes you to adapt to it. The changes in the program don't have to be dramatic.
2. Smash Yourself Into the Ground

Hypertrophy is an adaptation to a biological stress. If something doesn't kill you, then the more you put stress on it, the more it'll adapt. If you're not making progress in the gym, smash yourself into the ground for two weeks — purposefully overtrain until you're mentally depressed and your body is about to shutdown — then take five days off. When you come back into the gym, you'll hit new personal bests.
I can't tell you how many gym regulars I see all the time who DON'T do this. Rule of thumb I always use for the end of my workout is: if I don't feel like falling over and my lungs trying to jump out, then the workout was not very good.

17. Reduce Stress, Increase Gains

Stress increases heart disease, diabetes, mental disorders, sexual dysfunction, and gastrointestinal disorders. It suppresses the immune system and lowers Testosterone. Stress can lead to muscle loss and fat gain. Everyone is under stress. This is the norm, not the exception. As a result, our bodies tend to run on adrenalin and cortisol. That can be great if you're being chased by a lion or a linebacker, but not so useful if you're just going about your daily activities. So, take actions to control stress. Improving sleep and learning time management are the first steps.
Amen to that. Although I think just by working out, you can reduce your stress levels. It's almost like a positive feedback cycle with working out, reducing stress, growing, etc.

All in all, I think these articles illustrates some points very nicely. If you're going to dedicate yourself to strength and mass training, then do it right. Although I think he forgot one big thing: Patience. Nothing comes quick and easy. Besides, bodybuilding is almost an art, you have to keep expanding and keep generating new ideas that relates to your own body. Tips like these go a long way.

Last edited:

She makes you weak in the knees.

But she won't give you the time of day.

Here is how to get her.

Quagmire911

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Most things by Poliquin are spot on, however some of the stuff should be taken with a grain of salt. Not that it is wrong, just that some of the stuff is unnecessary for most of the guys on this board, ie beginners or guys just looking to put on a bit of muscle and lean out a bit.

It would also be nice to be able to afford bcca's, creatine, beta alanine, glucosamine, etc etc, and especially in the amounts Poliquin advocates. If you can, be my guest. I know I would if I could :).

I am pretty sure Poliquin recommends protein at 2g/lb of bw, so I am slightly confused at that.

EDIT-Quote off of Poliquin board:

"At 170 pounds he has to eat a MINIMUM of 170 grams of protein but PREFERABLY 250-300 grams a day"