Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Bench to squat ratio

DJjazzyJeff

Don Juan
Reaction score
My bench to squat ratio is way too close. I was just curious....what is your max (flat) bench press compared to your max squat....or what do you work out with on bench press compared to squats

Metaphor

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
1rep maxes are 225 vs 315 at approx 155lbs. For my first year or so of training I focused more so on my upper body and didn't squat at all though. So for a while they were pretty close to equal, especially when repping. Squats an exercise where you can make a lot of gains in relatively short period of time.

chim_chim

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
weight = 185
1RM bench = 255
1RM squat(going slightly below parallel, not ass to grass) = 360

I had knee surgery about 11 months ago, so my squat is a bit lower than what it would otherwise be.

DJjazzyJeff

Don Juan
Reaction score
Mine are just about equal, actually I think I can bench more, I maxed out at 300 on bench yesterday, and I'm working out with 215 for 3 sets of 6, but the bad thing is I'm working on squats with 215 for 3 sets of 6. At that the only reason I'm doing 215 is I would feel like an idiot not doing as much on squats as I do on Bench. I'm going to correct that though...:)

DJjazzyJeff

Don Juan
Reaction score
dropped 5 lbs being busy this week :(

180 :( .....I've got about 15 lbs left to go for my tattoo :)

Templeton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I would say if you can do a dbl BW squat and 1.5 bench 1RM you are doing ok. Many will be able to do more but this is a significant yet wholly attainable goal for most average guys.