Being Yourself

Donsing

Don Juan
Reaction score
The best advise ever, be yourself. Why? Because it means you completely accept yourself; therefore, not judging yourself as good or bad. When you completely accpet yourself then you do not need to hide yourself from others, you do not need other individuals acceptance, and you do not concern yourself with others perceptions. Eventually, you will start appreciating yourself for who you are. Also, their are many desirable outcomes from accepting yourself (details will be given at a later time). Just try it and enjoy. :woo:

Interceptor

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Donsing,

what do you tell the guy who is too shy, introverted, socially awkward, has bad acne, poor posture, mumbles when he speaks, is a virgin with zero sexual experience or sexual confidence, and is thought of as "creepy" by other people, especally women?
But he's not a bad guy, and would love to love a woman, be loved, and have a girlfriend one day?

Just BE Your SELF??

Should he accept himself??

After all he is being himself, but no one likes his Self.

Does this sound good to you?
What do you tell THAT guy? (which BTW, is a lot of the guys' condition when they first come here)

KnockoutJM

Don Juan
Reaction score
Improve yourself, and get comfortable as yourself.. dont try to be something you are not.. just get comfortable and accept how you are.. that will take away the shyness, and insecurities you have.

Donsing

Don Juan
Reaction score
Interceptor, I knew somebody would ask a question like that and I appreciate you asked that question. I can tell you why nobody likes his self because he does not like himself, simple. To love somebody, you must love yourself first. If he would see himself in a different light, in a perspective where its alright to have achne, shyness, no sexual experience and etc, then alot of his problem would disapte. He does not need to embrace these issues, but just acknoweldge and stop pushing against those issues.
Also, you can never improve if you view that every moment you are different, you change in every moment.
Life is a wonderful, complex mirror which always shows some aspect about yourself every nano second.

squirrels

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A universe...where heartbreak and sadness have bee
Interceptor said:
Donsing,

what do you tell the guy who is too shy, introverted, socially awkward, has bad acne, poor posture, mumbles when he speaks, is a virgin with zero sexual experience or sexual confidence, and is thought of as "creepy" by other people, especally women?
That isn't who that person IS.

Being yourself is never easy and rarely comfortable. It takes a lot of work to become the person you TRULY are inside.

Interceptor

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Victory Unlimited said:
Being yourself ONLY works AFTER you have become the BEST "you" you can be...
:up: :up: This was the answer I was hoping to see. This is what everyone needs to understand.
Thanks, VU.

Dash Riprock

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Being yourself ONLY works AFTER you have become the BEST "you" you can be...
Which is a myth because we are NEVER "done" being the best we can be.

Until we're perfect, there is always room for growth.

There is no finish line in this game.

SnowBlind77

Banned
Reaction score
"Being yourself ONLY works AFTER you have become the BEST "you" you can be..."

Total bullshyt. being youself means being true to yourself...how you would act around your buddies. that nerdy guy im sure has no social problems when he's kickin' it with his friends playing computer games or whatever, because he is comfortable. and thats the state hes gotta be in all the time. chicks dig guys who are real and true to themselves...not people who put up fronts and acts trying to be something there not. these people are called fakes, and most other people hate them. the best advice for the nerd it to learn to just be cool and himself around others like he is with his friends. not to change everything he likes and does into what other people percieve as cool.

Donsing

Don Juan
Reaction score
Guys, improving yourself means that you are aligning your mind, body and emotional bodies to your peferences, therefore, meaning you like your self more. It still did not change anything expect your perspective about yourself, and improvement is for yourself and not for other people. Hence, you are just liking/appreciating yourself more. Also, if you enjoy being who you are and what you do than their is nothing else to say and remmember to always have fun :rockon: .

DJVladdy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ok interceptor, tell me this: lets say YOU are that guy that you described.

Are you truly HAPPY being "yourself", that version of yourself?
if YES, then nobody has the right to say you have to change anything.

If you are NOT happy, then you are not truly being yourself! means your inner being is telling you that you are not truly how you want to be.

Interceptor

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
DJVladdy said:
ok interceptor, tell me this: lets say YOU are that guy that you described.

if YES, then nobody has the right to say you have to change anything.

If you are NOT happy, then you are not truly being yourself! means your inner being is telling you that you are not truly how you want to be.

Wow, Vlad, if I were that poor guy I described I would NOT be happy, dude...
Nope.
LOL!well, for me personally, with the goals and standards I have personally, NO, Vlad, I wouldn't be happy being that version of myself.

If you are NOT happy, then you are not truly being yourself! means your inner being is telling you that you are not truly how you want to be.[/
If I am not happy, I would say, that in a way I am being myself, but it's NOT the best self (according to me)at that time.

Basically, if one is not happy with one's results, it makes pefect sense to change one's strategy so that one could accomplishing those goals one has in mind.

Hope this helps you.