Being reserved

AlphaNoob

Don Juan
Reaction score
This website has taught me a lot and I thank you all for that. I've realized that my true problem is being too reserved. It is more comfortable for me to not reach out or talk to someone. Right now, the thing I enjoy most is probably playing video games at home. I think this problem stems from when I had to go live with my aunt and uncle's family with whom I had no prior connection with after moving to America. Deep down I was afraid and I wanted to stay with my mom and now that I'm in college, I still cling onto things that are comfortable. Don't get me wrong though, I still make the effort to go out and party, but I don't enjoy it as much as I do staying in to play games. I wish I could get some advice on how I can change this.

nyc123

Don Juan
Reaction score
It might be that your preference to stay in and play games is not something that you can change.
However you are doing the right thing by making that effort to go out and party. If you can find more enjoyment in partying, you would be more motivated to go out more often. My advice is to continue going out and try to find fun in it. Not just going out to parties, but social gatherings in general.

Big dog

Don Juan
Reaction score
Put yourself in uncomfortable situations and learn from them, observe what the guy with "all the girls" is doing then take what's useful and leave the rest. Big pimpin homie, big pimpin

ChristopherColumbus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Stop playing computer games! Computer games are there to tell you your life itself is not a game to be played to the best of your abilities. They will just sap you of your masculine will and strength. In a similar way, the unreality of a gaudy Disneyland is there to be contrasted with the 'real' world. Be the hero of your own story.

ubercat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Try and earn better social skills but don't over analyze people's responses to you. Sometimes u screwed up, sometimes they were just in a bad mood because their boss ragged on them or their dog died or whatever. Just consistently show interesting people and write down the things you learn about them and you will do fine.

Riggs

Reaction score
Kind of in relation to the gentleman's post above.This may sound cynical, but since most of us here aim to better ourselves perhaps you can relate to it. I use meeting new people and putting my self out there as oppourtunities for practicing my social/interpersonal skills. As soon as I had a ''purpose'' I found these situations more fun and as great practice grounds for trying out theories I studied from books. Of course you should try and enjoy yourself foremost, but who says you can't kill two birds with one stone?