Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Being picky = good or bad?

ElStud

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm asking this cause lol I'm picky as f*ck. Now around our college we have a lot of girls who I'd just consider cute. Or even if the girl is lightweight good looking I'll be like "She's too fat" or "She's too skinny" or "She has no ass" lol as you can see I'm real picky. What I'm sort of looking for is a girl with a nice ass, who's cute. She doesn't have to be a blonde, but that would definitely be a plus. But overall she can't JUST have looks, she has to be nice to hang around. That's the kind of girl I'm looking for.

Mystery said beauty is common, but I don't believe that. A good number of girls I see can be labeled literally as "Cute, but skinny white chicks with no ass". There are a lot of white girls you see that are an exception to this and a lot of girls I've seen who don't fit. But yeah that's a lot of what you see up here.

Then again, maybe I'm just being too picky and should just give the chicks with imperfect bodies, but attractive qualities a chance.

wt_firefighter

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm with you i'm the most picky person I know when it comes to girls. A friend of mine has called me shallow before. I know that I have missed many opportunities with cute or even hot girls that could be very chill to hang with just because she had one thing wrong with her. But in the end I figure that we know what we want and we shouldn't settle for second best.

seanarcher

Banned
Reaction score
I'm looking for a Heather Graham quality looking woman who will walk around topless and make snacks for me while I'm watching the football game and let me feel her up during commercials. Now that's picky.

I'm Charming

Don Juan
Reaction score
ElStud, I bet you couldn't even pull any of the types of women you're listing here.

It's not that you are too picky, its that you don't have any skills.

ElStud

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm Charming said:
ElStud, I bet you couldn't even pull any of the types of women you're listing here.

It's not that you are too picky, its that you don't have any skills.
lol oh no it's that I'm being picky. I can approach these girls I'm not even attracted to all day. But I guess I'm sort of losing the motivation too, because hey, I just don't see any point in moving on with a woman I aint even attracted to. Settling for this then you deserve? Doesn't that sound a bit AFC? Just f*cking whatevers there?

dav27

Don Juan
Reaction score
Earlier you said you can't get laid because you're too scared to escalate.. now you're too picky? You can't possibly be that picky - you approach anyone and everyone you can every day.

Sounds like excuses..

RokyRoc

Don Juan
Reaction score
having standards is good, but picking who you decide to talk to based on appearances is a bit shallow. It is not like you have to get with her because you approached her. There is lots you can learn from other people, even girls from just talking to them, who knows maybe they have an electrifying personality that you would not have meet if you didnt approach.

f283000

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
dude you are not picky! you calling yourself picky is just you admitting you have "standards." Yes most guys out there are afc and they are happy to go with any flat ass/no boobs girl that will give them the time of day.

Those of us that are picky are sometimes called loners as we don't date as often because frankly if we don't feel the animal magnetism we just won't date.

I'm Charming

Don Juan
Reaction score
ElStud said:
lol oh no it's that I'm being picky. I can approach these girls I'm not even attracted to all day. But I guess I'm sort of losing the motivation too, because hey, I just don't see any point in moving on with a woman I aint even attracted to. Settling for this then you deserve? Doesn't that sound a bit AFC? Just f*cking whatevers there?
And I can approach HB10's, it doesn't mean they want to f¤ck me.

You're not too picky, you're just trying to justify your failure.

WesCottII

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Like it matters. I'd have a better chance of getting my rugby team to sit through an season of will and grace (she's sassy, he's gay, we get it), than you have actually getting any girl, never mind one who's met your high standards.

And, honestly, what makes you believe you deserve the hottest? When I was starting out, I didn't believe I deserved them. I was small skinny, spotty and dressed like outkast. Then I worked on it, now I do believe I deserve them.

magickarl

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
^

I'm going to have to agree with the sentiments everybody else expressed. I think you should worry about losing your V-Card before you try to become a connoisseur of tang.

I'm sorry, but hearing this right now is like listening to a 10 year old lecture me on why there are just some beers that don't taste good enough.

ElStud

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
WesCottII said:
Like it matters. I'd have a better chance of getting my rugby team to sit through an season of will and grace (she's sassy, he's gay, we get it), than you have actually getting any girl, never mind one who's met your high standards.

And, honestly, what makes you believe you deserve the hottest? When I was starting out, I didn't believe I deserved them. I was small skinny, spotty and dressed like outkast. Then I worked on it, now I do believe I deserve them.
So because you didn't believe you deserved them I shouldn't? Hmm. Yes, this is why we're very different people.

f283000

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
WesCottII said:
brother you have the wrong mentality there. It is not about whether you deserve them, it is about IF THEY DESERVE YOU! even the worst afc should be thinking in these terms. You are the man, you have the penis, you have the power. Never go outside your home thinking if you deserve them.

That is totally the wrong mentality to have in life

I'm Charming

Don Juan
Reaction score
I think even if WesCottII's mentality was lacking he at least had a sensible expectation of what was achievable for him at the time.

Which is more than we can say to the somewhat delirious Elstud.

WesCottII

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
f283000 said:
brother you have the wrong mentality there. It is not about whether you deserve them, it is about IF THEY DESERVE YOU! even the worst afc should be thinking in these terms. You are the man, you have the penis, you have the power. Never go outside your home thinking if you deserve them.

That is totally the wrong mentality to have in life
Incorrect. This is what keeps the majority of guys here virgins.

There is no point me crying out "Are they good enough for me?" if I'm skinny/fat, boring, can't talk to women, and socially retarded.

I recognised my faults, then worked on them, till I actually became "the prize" to be won. You're putting the cart before the horse.

seanarcher

Banned
Reaction score
Wescott and F28 both have points. Wescott's right that if you're some fat guy who lives on fast food, wears Wal-Mart clothes and has a unibrow, you have no business thinking you deserve anything above a 4. F28 is right that, assuming you take care of yourself, are in shape, do everything you can do to look and feel good, you shouldn't care what women think and go for any woman you want. I'm not "alpha" at all, and I hardly ever see any women checking me out, but I don't think I'm ugly, I keep myself in shape, exercise, and dress well, and have overcome life-threatening depression to the point where I'm hardly ever in a bad mood. I could care less if I'm a woman's idea of hot or sexy. Hot and sexy to them is a drug-dealing wigger that physically abuses them. I value myself as a man and a human being and don't judge my worth on what women like me, and women notice when a guy doesn't care what they think.

Aragon034

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Wolf said:
In response to your thread title, I think it's bad. The less picky you are the more a55 you are giong to get. If you settle for no lower than a 6, you get the 6s, 7s 8s 9s and 10s. If you settle for no less than a 9, you only get 9s and 10s, and they are in few numbers. Everyone proclaims they are everywhere but that's not true. 9s and 10s are VERY rare, and most guys who rate a girl 9 are 10 are far out because they are attracted to her and using their rose glasses.

It's about you want, you shouldn't give a girl a chance because they have qualities which are supposedly attractive. Girls don't get wet for nice guys, but being nice is a good trait. It's about what you want.

And Mystery is wrong and basically always is, you just can't trust a guy who thinks 300 pages of information and theories is neccessary for a lay.
I agree with everything but the last paragraph.

Some guys really do need the information that Mystery provides, a very logical person finds it much easier to digest and begin using that then any form of "just be yourself" that has come out in the past few years. A social nincompoop loves it

Some people get it, some don't. In this world where everything is a quick fix with a pill or program, Mystery Method does have it's place.

To OP; Neither. Being picky implies you get some, you have yet to get any, the metaphor used above, the 10 year old talking about good beers is perfect comparison. Being picky means you're just difficult to please.

Having Standards is a different thing, that means that it's coming to you, but you refuse to accept it because it's not worthy of you. It's the point where you will accept anything above.

Wolf was VERY right when he said that 9s and 10s are very rare. So limiting oneself on that aspect is as another forum member here said once "Spiking yourself in the nuts with a football"

You're just trying to rationalize and justify your cowardice. Don't try and make it seems as if "ohh i won't screw these girls cuz they aren't good enough for me!" because we all see through it.

Having standards only works if you're a part of it. To take an example from you, i recall a thread where you refused to bang a hooker.

That my friend, is a standard.

What you're talking about here is just rationalizing your failure.

oakraiderz2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Goddamn. It must be nice living in a bubble of ignorance. All im gonna say...kiss ONE girl before you start trying to have sex with a model. Ive told you this before too; just because you can box, doesnt mean you step in the ring with Ali. Kids who play football in high school dont go straight to the NFL cause theyll get destroyed...

Groovy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Wolf said:
And Mystery is wrong and basically always is, you just can't trust a guy who thinks 300 pages of information and theories is neccessary for a lay.
I ESPECIALLY agree with this and the last post. Two posts back, also very true. Thanks guys!

My opinion is the following... If I'm (at least a little) attracted, go for it. Doesn't matter if she isn't very socially acceptable, she should be at least a bit fun, a bit girly, okay looks... Look, it's better then doing nothing. Make your own fun. SETTLE for the best, but you need the experience first. (So it's at least in two ways best then nothing- you get fun AND experience!)

Especially to you OP... Who don't have experience. You should get the experience first... Even if you DO find someone who you completley like, what's it worth giving a shot, you'll most likley stumble on yourself if you don't have much of a idea on how it is done. The more you practice, the more natural you act, the best your chances are when you do meet "her".

"He that would perfect his work must first sharpen his tools."

Curious... I can't tell if you're improving, getting worse, or staying the same. :D

Miguel

Don Juan
Reaction score
Aragon034 said:
You're just trying to rationalize and justify your cowardice. Don't try and make it seems as if "ohh i won't screw these girls cuz they aren't good enough for me!" because we all see through it.

Having standards only works if you're a part of it. To take an example from you, i recall a thread where you refused to bang a hooker.

That my friend, is a standard.

What you're talking about here is just rationalizing your failure.
Hey, thats right on the money, but guys keep in mind that aproaching isn't sleeping with a girl. I only ever close 8s or higher, but I try to make sure I aproach alot of girls in general, that way I know I can always do it. Pratice, pratice, pratice.

Heck, once I even aproached a HB 0 on a dare. Lets just say, you have nothing to afraid of from cuties. (I dunno, uglies are evil?)

Anyways, that ^ above was just saying: Don't give you'reself excuses until you become a god at aproaching. Keep going until you can aproach (and eventually close.) every girl you're brain goes 'aproach' too.

Edit: Sorry, lost a littled when I copied it from wordpad.

Basically, Grovey and Aragon have it, you just have too keep it up like a trooper. Make sure that you aproach at least a couple times a day, this will make things become 50 times easier later.