Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Being Christian and turning the other cheek

Call_Me_Daddy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Q: Can god make a burrito so hot that he himself cannot eat?

A: Since he is God and incredibly powerful, the burrito must be SO HOT that it has an infinite temperature.

And if it has an infinite temperature that is immeasurable, then the burrito must have a perfect temperature. Just like God is infinitely powerful (which is why he is God), the Burrito is infinitely hot.

And if the Burrito is infinitely hot, it is therefore infinitely powerful.

Therefore God is a Burrito.

CCKazi007

Banned
Reaction score
lol only reason I'm being an assh*le is I'm stuck at home cuz I'm semi grounded. I don't play games cuz it's a waste of time so I prefer debating with a total stranger. I'm actually a protestant and think that God did exist and Jesus actually was trying to teach sh*t, but corrupt people like the ROMANS already had religion so they manipulated the truth and killed him before he got the chance. It's always good to be christian, I want to keep my options open if I want to start a career in politics. Get 70% of the votes for being christian!

Da Realist

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Guess I'll answer the original question instead of debating religion since people will believe whatever they want to. Turning the other cheekn't about letting someoe running all over you; it's the fact that you refuse to let yourself repay one evil deed for another. Sure this guy said something or did something, but let him be the person in the wrong by not lower yourself to what he did. You can defend yourself in an acceptable manner, but you don't cross the line and do something out of revenge.

Nighthawk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Deus ex Pianoforte said:
Envy and greed.

I'm growing weary of teaching you the basics of Christianity, man. Go do your research, then come back to me with your pro-atheistic rhetoric.
Quote me the part of The Bible about Lucifer the Angel betraying God out of 'envy and greed' and being cast down to Hell.

You can't, because it's not in The Bible, that was all invented in Paradise Lost by John Milton.

Teach us more oh Bible expert.

Call_Me_Daddy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Nighthawk said:
Teach us more oh Bible expert.
Better yet... quote the original ancient Hebrew scriptures. On which the bible was based on.

Was it not translated form the Ancient Hebrew (which only 3 out of 4 words are known) to Latin and then to English?

Nighthawk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Deus ex Pianoforte said:
I just did.
But you didn't. Those passages aren't about an angel called Lucifer who was envious and greedy and was cast out of Heaven. They are about real life human Kings or rulers. Other supposed examples of Satan in The Bible, namely tempting Adam & Eve (just a talking serpent in the original - tell me was this before or after he got chucked out of Heaven?), tormenting Job, and tempting Jesus in the wilderness are other examples of the church wilfully misleading its followers about what was in The Bible by conflating several Biblical references to the Jews enemies or adversaries (what 'Satan' actually means) into one super-baddie to scare the new Christians with.

Actually what they were doing was turning Christianity into a manichistic religion, with Good and Evil fighting for power. This sold well to new Christian recruits, but was in fact contrary to Christianity and Judaism which were about one all-powerful deity. Dante's Inferno fleshed out the idea of Hell, another thing barely if at all described in The Bible itself.

If I asked you to prove The Bible talked about Adam & Eve, Noah and his ark, The nephilim, the Ten Commandments, you could quote whole sections easily, with no need for extensive "This is code for X, what this actually means is..." explanations.

But when it comes to 'The Devil/Satan' being an ex-angel called Lucifer ruling in 'Hell' made up of sinners who failed to get into Heaven - one of the cornerstones of how Christianity has been sold and understood by its followers for centuries - you cannot find a clear Biblical version of these events and ideas because they are not in there.

Kwello

Don Juan
Reaction score
Right, because the Bible and the Hebrew culture are very inter-related. I'm Jewish and we have no concept of hell, there's no such thing to us.

The Bible, as Nighthawk said also doesn't communicate anything clear about hell or anything resembling it. Most of our modern visualization of hell is courtesy of Dante's Inferno... in fact your whole little speech about the tortures you're so sure I'll endure in hell seems to be ripped right from the pages of this FICTIONAL work.

That's your problem Deus. You've lost track of fiction and reality. That's the same problem with all religious fanatics and is the reason most wars and genocides occur.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Call_Me_Daddy said:
The Bible is a fantastic work of fiction and lessons to learn, but nothing more.
True, true.

But how often is it used as a step by step manual for just existing?

Gangster Of Love

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Rata Blanca said:
People who negates the existence of a God are as stupid as those who accept it.
Mendiga rata asquerosa! When People's negates the existences.

Nighthawk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This is your best effort?

Deus ex Pianoforte said:
You don't get (you can't find anything) any clearer than this. This is crystal clear. [No, it's a vague metaphor at best] The next step would be, "Satan's pride got the best of him and he fell from Heaven."
(Can't do it without that 'next step' can you?)

Isaiah 14:12-14:

12 How you have fallen from heaven,
O morning star, son of the dawn!
You have been cast down to the earth,
you who once laid low the nations!

13 You said in your heart,
"I will ascend to heaven;
I will raise my throne
above the stars of God;
I will sit enthroned on the mount of assembly,
on the utmost heights of the sacred mountain.

14 I will ascend above the tops of the clouds;
I will make myself like the Most High."
If you have been led to believe that the fallen angel Paradise Lost story is Biblical canon, then you can make the pieces fit. Or it could be about some Jew-oppressing human (as other parts of Isaiah suggest http://www.wrestedscriptures.com/b07satan/isaiah14v12-14.html), or Anakin Skywalker or whatever.

All you have done is prove my point, that in the whole of The Bible there is not one passage to back up your erroneous but common view of Lucifer The Ex-Angel Being Banished From Heaven And Ruling Hell.

And even if it was in The Bible it would still be RETARDED.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I applaud everyone who have been able to keep this thread (surprisingly) civil in that it hasn't been locked as of yet (surprisingly). :up:

Reaction score
Deus ex Pianoforte said:
Yeah. Thank God for that!

i noticed your signature.........

so on a seduction site called sosuave.com, talking about looks is not allowed, but talking about religion like this IS allowed??

what the hell?!?!?!

Kwello

Don Juan
Reaction score
So he was casted back down to Earth and somehow you misconstrue this as meaning that he's ruling a place called hell? Nothing about an underworld was even mentioned... his punishment was being banished from heaven and sent back to Earth. So I guess Earth is hell then.

You still insist that if my beliefs are wrong; I'll burn. That ENTIRE concept of burning, agony, hell and everything is mainly derived from a FICTIONAL work by Dante.

You clearly do not understand the difference between fiction and reality and in fact proved so right in the previous sentence of your post... the one where you claim I'll burn for my wrong beliefs. As I said, the notion of burning is courtesy of Dante's fictional work.

Also the fact that you sit here quoting passages from the Bible pretty much solidifies your stance on fiction vs reality.

Why should 2000 years change anything? If someone claimed to be a prophet now he'd probably get put on NBC/YouTube and mocked by the populace... yet 2000 years ago due to lack of information and poorer living conditions, people were more susceptible to believe something like that. Anything to ease the pain of their terrible lives. 2000 years ago, the average person would come across less information in their ENTIRE life than ONE issue of the New York Times contains.

Information is a dangerous thing, so is lack of information/misinformation. I feel like you fall into the latter category.

Reaction score
faggot moderator deleted my thread on looks which was insightful

but THIS kinda bs is still here???

yea, so much for seduction and being Suave

ryannath

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Do I think ppl's souls will go to heaven or hell when they die? Well, Yes I do and I'll tell you why. I know a guy that overdosed on drugs and he died for a few mins. He was dead, but he came back to life. He said that while he was dead there were little demons throwing hubcaps at him.

But, then again, I have a friend that was dead for a few mins because of a motorcyle crash. Someone pulled out in front of him and he hit their car, and he was dead for about 8 mins I think, but he said he doesn't remember the part when he was dead. He said that dead part didn't hurt at all. He said the living part is what hurt. So, think of that what you will...