Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Being Called a Nerd in HS

antidonjuan

Banned
Reaction score
I am a great reputation of being a very intelligent person in my classes and usually got really high grades. This lead to people constantly calling me a nerd and I usually fought back by saying: you are a nerd. It seems like getting good grades are holding back my popularity and reputation
any suggestions on this?

one quick note: i would like to change my name and what is the process of changing it?

DJ_Matthew

Don Juan
Reaction score
antidonjuan said:
I am a great reputation of being a very intelligent person in my classes and usually got really high grades. This lead to people constantly calling me a nerd and I usually fought back by saying: you are a nerd. It seems like getting good grades are holding back my popularity and reputation
any suggestions on this?

one quick note: i would like to change my name and what is the process of changing it?
Hahah here's what you tell em: "It's not that hard to open up a book and study. Give it a try sometime."

There's nothing wrong with being smart and you have to learn to ignore those poeple... inside their just jealous. It's actually a good trait to have for women.

zubs

Don Juan
Reaction score
people dont call you a nerd because youre intelligent, they call you it because you behave like one. basicly, when the teacher asks an easy question, you gotta hold back the urge to shout out the answer.

no one likes a know it all.

-how bad is your name lol? one of my friends changed his name but he did it when he turned 18. you have to go into court or something.

antidonjuan

Banned
Reaction score
In my high school, the most popular guys have really poor grades and they seem to be proud of that.

It is often hard to be nerdy(smart) at the same time being popular, I've seen nobody, absolutely nobody smart (book worms) who are extremly popular.

Balancing out social time and study time is a huge problem for me. Once I get excited reading those Dj stuff and talk to more people who lot more, grades tend to drop; when i head to my books and study, i forget about my social stuff.

Any advice for this strange issue?

antidonjuan

Banned
Reaction score
zubs said:
people dont call you a nerd because youre intelligent, they call you it because you behave like one. basicly, when the teacher asks an easy question, you gotta hold back the urge to shout out the answer.

-how bad is your name lol? one of my friends changed his name but he did it when he turned 18. you have to go into court or something.

OHH GEEZ! Forum name, sorry for that!!

DJ_Matthew

Don Juan
Reaction score
antidonjuan said:
In my high school, the most popular guys have really poor grades and they seem to be proud of that.

It is often hard to be nerdy(smart) at the same time being popular, I've seen nobody, absolutely nobody smart (book worms) who are extremly popular.

Balancing out social time and study time is a huge problem for me. Once I get excited reading those Dj stuff and talk to more people who lot more, grades tend to drop; when i head to my books and study, i forget about my social stuff.

Any advice for this strange issue?
Yes learn to manage your time and place your priorities first.

antidonjuan

Banned
Reaction score
zubs said:

Ohh, I guess not; cuz i was very subtle about showing my smarts and kept it inside. It's often my old friends who tell ppl about me how i got good grades and they eventually called me a nerd. We all know nerds and smarts are somewhat different but it's just that the high school world link them together!

john paul

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Dont be ashamed of being smart. I know a complete natural that has a 4.0. He just doesnt act like a nerd at all, hes a real cool guy.

When i first came to this site I denounced my smartness and accually got bad grades my sophmore year while learning to game. Its not worth it and now Im restoring my name as a smart and a don juan.

You must be doing something in class that makes people want to call you a nerd like respecting the teacher way too much by paying attention and participating too often. Act more chilled out in class and dont seem like you care so much but still get those As on the test.

Im known as the smart kid and the smartass in a lot of my classes, much better than being the nerd.

Oh and please if you change your name make it Mike Hunt.

antidonjuan

Banned
Reaction score
john paul said:
Dont be ashamed of being smart. I know a complete natural that has a 4.0. He just doesnt act like a nerd at all, hes a real cool guy.

When i first came to this site I denounced my smartness and accually got bad grades my sophmore year while learning to game. Its not worth it and now Im restoring my name as a smart and a don juan.

You must be doing something in class that makes people want to call you a nerd like respecting the teacher way too much by paying attention and participating too often. Act more chilled out in class and dont seem like you care so much but still get those As on the test.

Im known as the smart kid and the smartass in a lot of my classes, much better than being the nerd.

Oh and please if you change your name make it Mike Hunt.
haha, yea i in fact tried to act disrespectaful to my teachers and acted like i didnt care about class, but it becomes natural for teachers to favor me big time because of my grades, peers quickly picked up on that!

the name part? i wanna change it!!!!! i dunno how to!!!! i went to control panel and cant find the button to change it!!!

dannowillbookem

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ask admin to change it for you. Personally, I think it seems to suit you.

Being called a nerd by a bunch of retards isn't that bad of a boat to be in.

Quit making so many threads. Thanks.

zubs

Don Juan
Reaction score
john paul said:

I couldn't have said it better myself.

Im a total smartass. haha. but my teachers still love me ;).

LostAndConfused

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Oh shiat long post! First off, read most of the other posts here, what I'm about to tell you is perhaps even more important, but you have to first do what john paul said and act more chill.

Anyways, on with it:

This pretty much happened to me, throughout highschool up until about a year ago. I've got a worse reputation now due to picking fights but that's neither here nor there.

While what most of everyone is saying is true that you probably aren't social enough, since you are quiet about it (like I was), you are being called a nerd out of jealousy, my friend!

We all know the stereotypes, how the weed smokers, the "star" football players, the "chill" guys who don't give a sh1t about anything, end up losing out to the "nerds" in the long run, and the people who are calling you "nerd" know this too. They react to it because its mainly true! The part that isn't true is the part about the nerds scoring the hot chicks when they are grown up...really, those are just golddiggers only attracted and interested in money.

But most people have nothing going for them, really. By those people, I mean the ones who insult you out of jealousy. They are even more jealous of you because you are humble!!! Because you don't act like a know-it-all, because you don't brag about your good grades, shows that you are at least a little bit secure, and don't need validation for being smart.

They know that the only real thing they have over you is social skills. And social skills can be LEARNED, so it's not even a legitimate lead over you. Basically, you have something over them they can't learn or buy! Obviously a recluse can't talk to girls, and by devoting ALL your time to studying is pretty much boxing yourself in. The key to it is balance, you can still study and get a 4.0 or straight A's or whatever the hell system your school is on, but make sure to build up your social skills more as well. Once you better yourself mentally AND socially AND on all other realms of your so choosing (helping make you unique, a form of DHV), you will be hated by some guys, a role model to others, and The Great Catch to girls.

I'm gonna go out on a limb here.....but on the subject of haters (who I assume are the folks that are calling you nerd), Katt Williams said, because success breeds hatred among the weak around you:

Get that out of your head, that fantasy world where n**** aint hatin on you, you gotta be greatful, you NEED haters, what the fvck is you complaining about? .... Fellas if you got 20 haters, you need 40 of them motherfvckers. If there are any haters out there with no one to hate on, feel free to hate on me.

The only real reason why those failures get play and the "nerds" don't is because they automatically are superior (only on a social level) due to being witty and because they've obviously had more social experience than you do (while you spend your times studying, they talk and build up their social skills, an important aspect in scoring chicks).

But think of it as a scale, two extremes. Your goal as a DJ is to find balance...balance between mental, social, physical, emotional aspects of your life, while getting in a good nights sleep. Balance is probably the greatest skill you could ever learn in college, from what I've heard (from just about everyone)...which is why I'm focusing on it now. Sure girls are probably attracted to you, if you make sure you look nice, but how are you going to get them interested if you don't know how to talk to them...and this is probably one of the best metaphors of a keyboard jockey EVER (yes, I'm THAT great):

...Don't just be a keyboard jockey, this shït (social skills) is like learning math, which I assume you are very good at. You gotta drill the dämn thing to be good at it. Just like taking math notes in class, which you probably aren't even doing, you won't be able to do the problems any better until you immerse yourself.

And I'm gonna receive alot of hate for this post, but it needs to be said.

antidonjuan

Banned
Reaction score
LostAndConfused said:
Oh shiat long post! First off, read most of the other posts here, what I'm about to tell you is perhaps even more important, but you have to first do what john paul said and act more chill.

Anyways, on with it:

This pretty much happened to me, throughout highschool up until about a year ago. I've got a worse reputation now due to picking fights but that's neither here nor there.

While what most of everyone is saying is true that you probably aren't social enough, since you are quiet about it (like I was), you are being called a nerd out of jealousy, my friend!

We all know the stereotypes, how the weed smokers, the "star" football players, the "chill" guys who don't give a sh1t about anything, end up losing out to the "nerds" in the long run, and the people who are calling you "nerd" know this too. They react to it because its mainly true! The part that isn't true is the part about the nerds scoring the hot chicks when they are grown up...really, those are just golddiggers only attracted and interested in money.

But most people have nothing going for them, really. By those people, I mean the ones who insult you out of jealousy. They are even more jealous of you because you are humble!!! Because you don't act like a know-it-all, because you don't brag about your good grades, shows that you are at least a little bit secure, and don't need validation for being smart.

They know that the only real thing they have over you is social skills. And social skills can be LEARNED, so it's not even a legitimate lead over you. Basically, you have something over them they can't learn or buy! Obviously a recluse can't talk to girls, and by devoting ALL your time to studying is pretty much boxing yourself in. The key to it is balance, you can still study and get a 4.0 or straight A's or whatever the hell system your school is on, but make sure to build up your social skills more as well. Once you better yourself mentally AND socially AND on all other realms of your so choosing (helping make you unique, a form of DHV), you will be hated by some guys, a role model to others, and The Great Catch to girls.

I'm gonna go out on a limb here.....but on the subject of haters (who I assume are the folks that are calling you nerd), Katt Williams said, because success breeds hatred among the weak around you:

The only real reason why those failures get play and the "nerds" don't is because they automatically are superior (only on a social level) due to being witty and because they've obviously had more social experience than you do (while you spend your times studying, they talk and build up their social skills, an important aspect in scoring chicks).

But think of it as a scale, two extremes. Your goal as a DJ is to find balance...balance between mental, social, physical, emotional aspects of your life, while getting in a good nights sleep. Balance is probably the greatest skill you could ever learn in college, from what I've heard (from just about everyone)...which is why I'm focusing on it now. Sure girls are probably attracted to you, if you make sure you look nice, but how are you going to get them interested if you don't know how to talk to them...and this is probably one of the best metaphors of a keyboard jockey EVER (yes, I'm THAT great):

...Don't just be a keyboard jockey, this shït (social skills) is like learning math, which I assume you are very good at. You gotta drill the dämn thing to be good at it. Just like taking math notes in class, which you probably aren't even doing, you won't be able to do the problems any better until you immerse yourself.

And I'm gonna receive alot of hate for this post, but it needs to be said.

I am totally convinced... Thank you so much, I have learn so much..

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There are 'nerdy' girls, too. The secretary/librarian types are usually the wildest ones in bed. Get a gf and have a lot of sex, and then it is just funny when anyone criticizes you for being nerdy.

comic_relief

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, I was the atypical nerd in high school. I was the jock nerd (played baseball and soccer all of my life) but I was a nerd as well. I was also bullied until I started to get into fights and that put an end to it I suppose.

Nerdiness is more about how you act then what your grades are. I know most of my sports friends got excellent grades and went off to even better schools.

It is more about being awkward in social situations. A great discussion is occurring over in DJ Discussion right now.

http://www.sosuave.net/forum/showthread.php?p=1371696&posted=1#post1371696

btw When I first came to sosuave I was the nerd (10th grade). By the time that I was a senior, I had a girlfriend, was travelling across the USA, and doing many other things that people only dream of accomplishing, but also three girls that wanted to go out with me. My friends in high school that hadn't seen me for years were really suprised to see me making out with two chicks at a party.

Don't worry about it, you got time to change.

comic_relief

PS: Name change? I changed my user name from baseballDJ (for those of you old timers who remember that username that I used to have) to Comic_Relief by contacting Allen (username: sosuave.com) by PM.

Birdem

Don Juan
Reaction score
Those kids just envy you that call you the nerd. I would change the name that you have now cuz anyone is capable of being a don juan. If I were you, I would also just be myself because you bring more to the table than all those other guys. There are alot of more interesting things you can talk about. I do not see why you should fight back you sound like you are ashamed of being smart.

splinterkb

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
They won't think its so funny when you become their boss in the future.