Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Beauty and the Geek!

Duke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Season 2 of "Beauty and the Geek" premieres tonight on the WB at 9, 8 Central.

Tune in to check out the AFC carnival.

Mr. Unique

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I saw it, LOL! some of those guys need some serious waxing. The girls in season 2 arent as hot as the season 1 girls :)

Luveno

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's funny how pre WWI innovation and intelligence were more attractive than brute strength. Mind-centric traits indicated power in society and the ability to gain more power. Brute strength suggested that the man was a poor field worker.

After that, the roles were reversed, and the once desirable traits became vilified as "geeky". I wonder why...

ethnomethodologist

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Tricks of the mind? I think the innovative and inventive males you speak fo from back than, all down through the ages were of mixed stature. Size and bulk were eminent, and were immediately flagged into military roles. The smaller males were left on the sidelines, they were the guys who stayed back with the women, the guys who took "took care" of them;)

MackJr

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey,

Are those women really that stupid? I think they have to be faking it somehow.

MackJr

DJ_in_making

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by MackJr
Hey,

MackJr
I think its scripted. I mean, the guys may be geeky, and girls may be ditzy. But I think they're overdoing it just waay too much.

avrilishot

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey,

MackJr
there getting paid, so they will do whatever.

I never watched the show but seen some prievews.

Joe The Homophobe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey,

MackJr
why? there are stupid women everywhere you look.

DJ_in_making

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Those guys don't deserve anything better than a nerdy girl with ugly braces and thick glasses.

The girls don't deserve anymore than a probationed womanizing jerk who has 12 different sex partners.

I heard a girl say at the end of the last one something like:
(crying) I didn't realize how many great guys I was missing out on b/c I didn't get to know them and I was so shallow. From now on I'm going to stop being like that and start judging people by what's on the inside.

I'd pay to see what kind of guy she's with now, I doubt it's one of those geeky geniuses.

$BD

Don Juan
Reaction score
I have season 1 taped.. to get tips of what women like and DONt like.. ;)

DJ_in_making

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think trying to get a tip of what women like/don't like from nerds is way to broad. Most of these things we all know already. (Or atleast I pray we do)

Shiftkey

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by $BD
I have season 1 taped.. to get tips of what women like and DONt like.. ;)
I hope you're joking. You have no way of knowing how much is scripted. Don't get tips from TV shows.

Caesar20

Don Juan
Reaction score
are these episodes available on filesharing?
we don't have access to them here in europe :(

StrangeButTrue

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
are these episodes available on filesharing? we don't have access to them here in europe
You're not missing out. Just a bunch of weird, disgusting-looking nerds attempting to be normalized by a bunch of hot (and usually very dumb) girls.

One girl had a quiz question asking the capital of Iraq. She answered: Afghanistan. After asking the host to spell Iraq, that is.

racerX

Don Juan
Reaction score
All of the guys are extremely intelligent/gifted. One of these so called "geeks" could very well start the next Microsoft or Google in 5 years from now. Bill Gates & the 2 google founders were probably termed geeks when they were in high school. The richest people on the planet are geeks. I would love to be a billionaire geek...The babes on this show will crawl thru broken glass to be w/ these guys when they are successful in 5-10 years from now.

DJ_in_making

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by racerX
All of the guys are extremely intelligent/gifted. One of these so called "geeks" could very well start the next Microsoft or Google in 5 years from now. Bill Gates & the 2 google founders were probably termed geeks when they were in high school. The richest people on the planet are geeks. I would love to be a billionaire geek...The babes on this show will crawl thru broken glass to be w/ these guys when they are successful in 5-10 years from now.
True, but.
you can also become very successful later on in life while still enjoying the early years of your life and not being a social outcast.

Eko Steele

Don Juan
Reaction score
who won the first season of beauty and the geek, its in its third week here in nz of season one, although i like the show, i too find it a bit too scripted, although like most cunning writers they keep you till the end and well who won?

Yotsuya-san

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by racerX

Bill Gates is an exception, not the norm. The reason he's notable is because computers is a field in which you almost have to be a geek to succeed. All of the other fields noted for wealth and fame (Sports, Entertainment, Buisness, Oil, Politics, even Crime), knowing how to read and use people and maneuver socially is more importatnt than having a high IQ or a good idea for an invention. Much has been written about how Gates is tech-proficient but socially challenged.

The richest guys on the planet are those who trample on others to get to the top or those who exploit an opportunity regardless of its effect on others. Geeks are not known for their ruthless ambition. Your typical geek isn't interested in the Alpha-Male power games that these J.R. Ewing types play. They are much happier just quietly doing research or whatever their little thing is.

Bill Gates got where is is today in spite of being a geek, not because of it. The girls on that show would use these geeks for their money if nothing else and have more Alpha male type secret lovers. Melinda Gates, on the other hand is living evidence that there may be a God who realizes that a good woman made just for him might keep Gates from ever becoming truly Evil.

George Lucas is another example. He got rich by luck alone, not a clever maneuver on his part. It's just how the entertainment field works. There was no guarantee that Star Wars would be a success, and most of that success is because of the people working for him, not his talent alone. AFAIK, he has been all alone since 1983 (he has only adopted kids) and that doesn't look to change anytime soon. Maybe if Lucas could find a good woman, he would stop artistically raping the only real children he's got. Coming soon: Star Wars in 3D. Hey George, Enough already!

MackJr

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
2 things:

1. Those guys aren't losers; they're successful in other areas, far more than average, but very weak socially. A loser can't get anything together. And often, losers still manage to get laid--see Jerry Springer if you're not sure on this.

2. If you've seen Melinda Gates, she's a geek too. She was actually a Microsoft employee when Gates married her. She worked there for a while after getting married (responsible for MS Bob), but it's pretty hard to get anything done with that kind of nepotistic situation, so she left the company a while after.

If Gates had married normal, non-Geek women, ala Donald Trump, he'd probably have the same problems that Trump has with women.