Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Be You

612_Da_Playa

Don Juan
Reaction score
One day I was just thinking....Why are we making talking to girls so hard?? I mean just be who you are and be confident. LMAO...just be you. The other day I was looking at a thread a guy made and he asked "Hugging; For DJs or AFC?" LMFAO. This is getting ridiculous. I do realize that these guys are doing the best they can to help people with women because I learned some new stuff like body language, kino, and that women are illogical but some people are just acting pathetic.

Just do you.

~1~

Anomalous

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Alright first of all that was me, and i am the biggest pimp on here, its just that i wanted to improve my game at everything and i was just curious.

That's not the point, the point is that being yourself is about the worst advice you could give anyone. BEING THEMSELVES IS BEING CHUMPING. Thats what you dont realize.

I apriciate that your trying to help, but its not a good tip. http://www.sosuave.com/articles/whynot.htm

And don't make a new post when it has been made before, Hit the search button.

Later pimp

Docs

Banned
Reaction score
biggest pimp on here
Sure thing, noone is the BIGGEST pimp here.

BEING THEMSELVES IS BEING CHUMPING
Let's see, I'm a nice guy, likes to care a lot and stuff, LET'S TOTALLY CHANGE INSTEAD. Sounds like good advice, follow the path of most idioticity.

We're all here to learn, and you'd be damn amazed at how much being yourself at certain times can get you.

redbullfbu

Don Juan
Reaction score
how bout just be ur self and dont be a tool and an afc....its really not that hard to get girls you people make it so much tougher

DogFashionDisco

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by whyshy
Alright first of all that was me, and i am the biggest pimp on here, its just that i wanted to improve my game at everything and i was just curious.

That's not the point, the point is that being yourself is about the worst advice you could give anyone. BEING THEMSELVES IS BEING CHUMPING. Thats what you dont realize.

I apriciate that your trying to help, but its not a good tip. http://www.sosuave.com/articles/whynot.htm

And don't make a new post when it has been made before, Hit the search button.

Later pimp
You're a dumbass.

If you try being someone you're not, you just turn out to be a poser. Be proud of yourself. Be proud of your personality and what you're into, and tell everyone who puts you down about it to fvck off. And if you think that being yourself is stupid, then you need to get your head out of your ass.

Anomalous

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Alright you guys are so smart..............

Look being yourselves, when your an AFC is not good. You wouldn't tell people to "fvck off" because that wouldn't be you. And did you genius read the link that i put. That just proves my point. When your an AFC (which most people here that are reading are because they came to improve themselves) and you be yourself (AFC) your being more of an AFC. And would and AFC talk back to people......NO.
NOT EVERYONE IS LIKE YOU, that tell people to "fvck off" Most guys are insucure.

Be yourself is about the worst advice you can give someone.

DJ4Real

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Come on now, lets not bicker. Remember, we are DJ's and not average FRUSTRATED guys. Don't try to prove yourself to be the "best". That kind of ****iness is what kills the attraction in women. Anyways, we are all here to get feedback, so lets not claim any titles of being better than anyone.:cool:

612_Da_Playa

Don Juan
Reaction score
"being yourself" implies being natural, comfortable with your abilities and your surroundings...if that's not a confident guy then I don't know what is.

612_Da_Playa

Don Juan
Reaction score
I like how Red put it. Be yourself, but I mean don't get pushed around you know. I understand the article about to Not Be Yourself but you took the article out of context. He was saying that if you are constantly doing wrong behavior you need to improve yourself. Understand now?

Reaction score
This post is awsome, really sum up what I think is important. Most guys fell to realize how important it is when it comes down to being yourself, of course theres many different ways to define how "to be yourself". However majority of you come up with a false image on how to "be yourself" If you got bad attitude, bad posture, bad sociel life of course by all mean do whatever is nessacery to change that, but think about it what was the reason why you tried so desperatly to change the path of your life, so desperately to make a different, to feel defferent? Some of us might come to this site becuase of a long relationship, a breakup, a tragic mistake that can't be undo. We all come here in search of an answer, an explanation on why this is happening. Therefore dont everforget what happend and why you come to this site, what you want to change about you.

HAHAHA noticed how all that had nothing to do with the dating game? Now on toward the explanation we all been waiting for. To those of you that think being yourself is a bad mistake, well your wrong! When i say "be yourself" that doesnt mean be your boring, depressed, pathetic self. Think of enlightment, think of the time when you was most happy. My definition of being"yourself"

yourself- playfully enjoy the moment, no stress(that mean stop thinking about whether your impressing the girl or not) Theres better things in life then just girls so enjoy it, last but not least dont take anything for granted, cherish the time your having, if ur not enjoyin yourself do somthing that will.

WOW! you guys probaly hear that a lot huh? PSt most of you probaly dont even care. You guys think it is so hard to talk to girls, to go out on a date. Then you come up with all this rules.
rule# 1 be confident, rule# 2 smile, rule #3 dump her before she dumb you...yea yea shut up. Everything i just said is not somthing for you to add to your 10 commandment of djism, or your precious rule book, but take my word to heart be yourself, have passion in everything you do. more importantly lighten up.

NYC Dude

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Make yourself a Don Juan, then be yourself. Simple as that folks.

08aisaac

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think that most people, aren't actually AFC.

So if they were actually "BEING" Themselves, they wouldn't be so bad at the game.

Of course, you can extremely inhance your game, but incorporating techniques into your game, and change is good.

I am myself, it works best for me. I of course changed, but not who I was, just some stuff.

I changed things that weren't me. I changed my clothing, to something else, changed who I hung around, I moved, changed schools, changed clubs, changed everything, and now, while I might not be the biggest DJ, simply because I don't work out that much, I am the best I could be right now.

So be yourself, change what you can, because you can't change yourself.

People say, don't change who you are.

But if I was an alcoholic, would they say the same, if I were poor, which I am, would they tell me not to change? Of course not.

It's up to you.

Nexxus

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
what I think the thread starter was trying to say is be you by "following your gut instincts" not saying that you should be who you were raised to be

Reaction score
Originally posted by Nexxus
what I think the thread starter was trying to say is be you by "following your gut instincts" not saying that you should be who you were raised to be
You thought wrong. Remember when your with your friends, try to remember the last time you was with one of your best pal and was laughin so hard that you almost threw up, remember the last time you enjoy yourself so much your care-free. That is how you should be when your talkin to a girl, enjoy the moment, dont think of her as a goal or a goddess but as an entertainer simply to entertain you. Just be cool, be youself(your fun, joyful self) and watch the chips fall.

familyguyfan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by whyshy
Alright you guys are so smart..............

Look being yourselves, when your an AFC is not good. You wouldn't tell people to "fvck off" because that wouldn't be you. And did you genius read the link that i put. That just proves my point. When your an AFC (which most people here that are reading are because they came to improve themselves) and you be yourself (AFC) your being more of an AFC. And would and AFC talk back to people......NO.
NOT EVERYONE IS LIKE YOU, that tell people to "fvck off" Most guys are insucure.

Be yourself is about the worst advice you can give someone.
You're dumb. You can improve yourself and still "be yourself". There's a big difference in improving your attitude, confidence, style, etc. and completely changing yourself. You can still be yourself and have your own personality, while improving yourself.

And I'm with the thread starter. Too many guys are hung up on whether saying certain things or doing certain things is AFC or not. Who the fuck cares? If you doing/saying something seems to work, then go ahead and do it, don't worry about whether it's "AFC" or not. And honestly, one little action (like hugging) is not going to completely change a girl's opinion of you. She's not gonna say "Oh well I thought he was a cool guy, but not that he hugged me I can see he's just like every other guy." Some of you guys use that stupid acronym "AFC" waaayyy too much. I'm sick of reading it.

DJ4Real

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No more drama, this thread makes us look bad. By the way, although I don't agree with whyshy, I show respect to his opinion by not arguing with him about it.

Anomalous

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Look everything you guys say is correct, BUT to the AFC that are reading this, IF YOU TELL THEM TO JUST BE THEMSELVES, THEY WILL STILL KEEP DOING WHAT THEY'RE DOING. WHY?

Because you didn't say improve yourself, change yourself to be what you want, etc. NO! You said be yourself. If they came here to learn some tips, would BE YOURSELF (KEEP DOING WHAT YOUR DOING) work for the guy?

Stop hating DJ's