Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Basic Wingman Theory

SexPDX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I often see the term wingman used to simply refer to a person who accompanies one to a pick up enviornment. What it is actually meant to be is a person you actively participates in a pick up to aid in disarming a group so that he or is wing can close a preselected target. Since group approaches and disarming are a most importantly included in a skill set for parties, bars and clubs winged approaches are effective and commonly used by skilled pick up artists in these venues. Here I will cover some basic guidelines of proper use of a wingman and detail an example from last night in which I effectively winged a pick up for my friend.

Be Discrete

Do not behave in such a way that it is obvious to the casual observer that you are a couple dudes out to bag chicks. Communicate about potential targets making it appear that you are simply engaged in whatever even you are in and being social.

Communicate

This is important both before and during the pick up and it is the most common mistake in my experience. Have signals for inviting the wing into the interaction and ejecting once it starts. Also be explicit about what the exact plan is before the interaction begins.

Operate with an Outcome in Mind

Have a clear outcome in mind as to WHICH wing is after WHICH target. If objectives are not clear mistakes will be made and you may even end up c*ckblocking each other on accident.

Have a Plan

Be explicit about what is to be done before the approach starts. This is not to say that the whole interaction has to be planned out but at least the opening routine and the how the second wing is to be invited should be known.

Have Roles

If one wing is more skilled than another in a particular area, his role in the pick up should be based on that, this way you help each other a lot more.

Last night I was on my way to an upscale bar with my friend Dave for my 23rd birthday. Dave is 27 and we have known each other for several years. He was very successful at a time when I was totally AFC. Dave is a great conversationalist however opening (particularly with groups) is an area where he happens to be weak. Opening is however, not an issue for me.

When we got to the bar we initially sat at the bar and ordered drinks. We then each took separate directions to check out the potential targets meeting each other across the circular bar from where we were now sitting. We each took our walks and met at the pre-arranged spot to discuss our findings. We then described our potential targets and detailed their whereabouts before going to check out the indicated targets in the places the OTHER wing had walked. We met back at the place where we had first ordered drinks.

We decided to approach a group of four women (denoted HB, B, UG X and UG Y). The desired outcome was for Dave to close HB (older chicks, I figured I'd let him have this one). I discussed the routine I had in mind and told him that the invitation signal would be for me to clasp my hand behind my back. I walked over to open with a routine borrowed from ASF:

"Excuse me, I would like all of your opinion on something. My friend who I am here with have been discussing a situation of his. He got a call from one of the producers of the Rikki Lake show. They have asked him to appear on a show where the theme is scret admirers. In your opinion shoulf he go?"

This is a very effective opener and started a great conversation where two women (UG X and B) disagreed with the other two (HB and UG Y). After I had good rapport with the group and they were becoming increasingly curious about Dave, I gave Dave the signal to join us. Dave seeming appeared out of nowhere walking past me as if he did not see me. I hit him on the shoulder saying, "Dave! There you are! These ladies have A LOT to day about your whole Rikki Lake situation." The whole conversation I just had got repeated for Dave.

While Dave is taking my position of group rapport, B (who is sitting right next to HB, the target) tells me I "look familiar". I take this opportunity to deepen rapport so I can keep her occupied and disarmed while Dave moves in on HB. NOTE: I would have targeted B except she I only go for women this much older than me if I think I have a distinct chance and fclosing THAT NIGHT, which here I didn't. Giving them more time to contemplate what they percieve as "social risks" of hooking up with a much younger dude has killed me in the past.

B was easy to keep talking:

B: So Nick, what do you think of this whole Rikki Lake situation?
ME: Well, I see it as simply a new experience. It's the other person who is making an issue out of this, not Dave. I don't see that he is taking a risk. So if you can have such an intriguing experience without taking any risks yourself, isn't it worth it. I am sure YOU have had some experiences yourself where you really didn't know what to make of it at the time but the memory has grown to be something you cherish and enjoy recalling and telling to others. Don't you?
B: Yes, absolutely.
ME: What is one such experience for you?
B: BLAH BLAH BLAH

That got her going forever.

By the time I broke EC to check out what was going on in the group I saw that the UG's had been talking to each other leaving Dave with HB and I overheard HB actually OFFERING her phone number to Dave. Game, set, match!

Nick

------------------
- The seductionist formerly known as trickynick

You either own the game or it owns you.

~"Pon atencion al latido de tu corazon...y el ritmo de tu respiracion...como te permites llegar a ser completamente llevada...por la conexion que esta tomando lugar." ~

JustDoItAlways

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Good post Nick. This isn't talked about enough on this forum so let's add some more to it.

Here is some other basics.

If your target(s) is in a group of three or four women, either you or one of your wingmen has to be the sacrificial lamb and keep the c0ck-blocking UG occupied and entertained. Almost every group of three or four women has at least one UG as well.

If you don't, the UG will c0ck-block your attempts with the real target(s). More importantly, chicks operate on bros before hos principle as well. The UG usually has a hard time getting guys and your target(s) will feel sorry for her. If she is not having a good time, they will feel less likely to play along with you (actually have their b1tch shields up) in your seduction attempts.

If the UG is occupied and entertained, the target(s) are much more receptive to your approach.

Of course, someone has to be the sacrificial lamb and that can't always be one of your wingmen, sometimes it has to be you. As Nick said, you should decide this before your approach.

Second basic, a lot of women are onto the "wingman" games nowadays. If your target says something about it, don't deny it, women aren't stupid. Just say "wingman?, no we're not pilots" or "someone has to entertain all of your friends." Then give her a sly playful smile and move on. They like it if you know what you're doing and you're playful about it. You can use it later to make her laugh and build some rapport with a "just between you and me" inside-type joke.

[This message has been edited by JustDoItAlways (edited 07-01-2002).]

lordclem*

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
bump!

------------------
"the only way to deny death,then,is to live each day to its ABSOLUTE FULLEST--by constantly striving to crave an immortal legend which will serve as your eternal legacy" wonder woman in 'JLA:HEAVEN'S LADDER'.written by mark waid

SamePendo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bump.