Basic business and financial education

Reaction score
Jariel said:
Hey guys, I'm looking to embark on my next voyage of self improvement. I've always been quite naive when it comes to money, business and finances. I'm living quite humbly and have student debts, I barely even know how to use a bank without being ripped off.

So I've decided to make it my goal to become financially astute and, maybe eventually, start up my own small business. It's going to take time, but I believe all goals begin with learning.

The problem is there is just so much bullsh1t and get rich quick scams going around, it's hard to filter out what is good advice and which is playing me for a sucker.

Can any of the more financially successful guys here recommend any beginner books or any decent starting points?

Thanks.
- Study (Read books from basic economics to autobiography of successful business moguls like Donald Trump and Robert Kiyosaki.)
- Field Exeperiance (Internship... actually working and getting street knowledge.)
- Apprentice (Best way to learn something is from the best. Watching the actual show "The Apprentice" is pretty helpful too.)
- College Level Education (Teachers more qualified with experiance, also subject area are more specified to fit your needs.)