Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

bar night/party with new classmates

ezily

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
OK so I have a legit question (after a lenghty story, sorry):

I go out to a bar meeting a large group of people there from my new school (no one really knows each other). So after about an hour of mingling and drinking I finally find the girl from my class that I have been meaning to talk to more and get a number.

So the issue here is that this guy (kind of a loser in my opinion but I don't really know him, going off pure looks here) hasn't stopped talking to this chick for a while. Now, she doesn't look disinterested or anything (getting sorta close but everyone was due to the noise, crowd, and drinks we've had over the last hour and a half or so).

So I'm sitting there talking to a couple of other people waiting for a good opportunity. However, this guy doesn't seem to be leaving so I just walk up and introduce myself (since I didn't know him) and proceeded from there with this girl. It was funny because I was about to get her number right in front of him - I had my phone out and she was saying the number - but he then tried to get her aside and proceed to bye her and his roommate a shot (leaving me out of course, douche), but then finally leaves. At this point I talk, flirt, kino (I think he was trying to do this **** as well) and I get her number, talk for a few more minutes and we both kinda depart. It was a pretty decent interaction by the way.

Then we all go to this other bar which is even more crowded and louder. This same guy then gets this girl in a corner and continues his conversation or what not. Now I'm talking to other people in my class but I just noticed this. It didn't seem like he was trying to make a big move or anything but I was just very obvious he was all over her (again she didn't seem disinterested or anything but it's hard to tell when everyones been drinking).

So I then end up staying a little longer, grab my group together and head back home. However, before I left I made sure I went back over to her and had a couple words (with him standing right there of course) and then left with a couple people.

OK so I realize that is kinda long and if you don't read it all my question is this:
Who played this situation better, me or the other guy? I know I (and I guess this other guy) will see this girl again since we are all classmates so I really just wanted to get her number and get some good rapport going. But this guy just seemed all over her (she was not all over him but wasn't trying to get away either - she does have a boyfriend by the way and I have heard she is kinda shy). So what is better? Should I have really spent my entire night trying to pick up a chick with a bf or should I have done what I did and go a meet a bunch of other people (I did pull about 3 or 4 other girls numbers as well)? After tonight I met a bunch of different people and I don't think anyone even knows this guy (who is also in the same class and who's name I cant remember right after he told me).

thanks for any advice. I just want to correct my mistakes in the future - I don't think I have oneitis or anything for this chick. despite the long message.

I don't know I just thought of this - as I was leaving her she put her hand out to say goodbye and stuff but should I have done a really "corny" thing and kissed it. I know it seems bad reading this but I could have pulled it off based on the situation and it would have been really funny doing it in front of the other guy haha. Let me know if that would be a bad idea though. thanks

scrouds

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Corny sucks.

I can see you mentioning that you would have liked to talk more to her one on one at the bar when you call her up, but that's not necessary, just a way to get info you don't need.

You played it good, who cares how he played it? He isn't you, and he isn't even worthy of your competition.

King Turi

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Why go there when she has a boyfriend?

Either way the other guy probably banged her all night after you left.

But you got more numbers, if you hit up the other chicks sometime, you'll wind up feeling better than him, since he'll probably get stuck in one-itis and get tossed away after a while.