Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Balding. Should i shave it all or keep what i have?

(Sic)KNot

Don Juan
Reaction score
To you guys who are getting bald, what do you do so girls don't notice you are losing your hair

a) shave it off completely

b) cut it really short and a little spiky

c) other ( name it )

DIESEL

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
depends how bald you are.

I'd say you can't go wrong with the Patrick Stewart/ Bruce Willis look.

die4me

Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree, I'd say shave it. You will definately look younger after it.

FlyGuy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ain't much you can do to prevent girls from noticing. You can shave it, but obviously they notice :rolleyes: I just shave it, why should we turn it into a slow torturous process?

DJintheworks

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
you guys that shave it. do you shave it with a shaving blade and some shaving cream or just cut it as short as possible with some clippers? Right now I just wear my hair like Stiffler but someday I might have to shave it.

chlywly

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I say shave with a clipper really SMALL!, bic if you must, but clipper looks good. :D

FlyGuy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I shave it really close with a clipper because I'm too lazy to take a razor to it all the time.

Deep Dish

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have a rapidly receding hairline. I have a massively developing baldspot in the back. My top is thinning. I have noticed a few gray hairs. I'm growing into an old geezer at the young age of 23.

I shave my head and other than keeping it at a short length, there's nothing I can do with it. When it's shaved, no one can tell I'm aging. :D :D

lynx

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Deep Dish
I have a rapidly receding hairline. I have a massively developing baldspot in the back. My top is thinning. I have noticed a few gray hairs. I'm growing into an old geezer at the young age of 23.

I shave my head and other than keeping it at a short length, there's nothing I can do with it. When it's shaved, no one can tell I'm aging. :D :D
True, if you have bold spots, the best thing to do is to shave it. I use a Norelco 5801 XL electric shaver and it works pretty well. Whatever you use, shave gently and don't stretch the skin. Let the blade glide. Take your time. I shave after I shower and, afterwards, I put on a non-greasy moisturizer with a sunscreen on my head and face. The shave usually takes a little less than ten minutes, and I generally shave everyday, but I look fine even if I miss a day.

The shaved look makes me look young, and the girls think it's very masculine.

Boolean

Reaction score
Types of treatment

I am going to repost a recent post of mine:

FACTS ABOUT HAIRLOSS
from Boolean

Hello,

don't know why I am writing this short manual now, I will just type what rambles through my head.

Lets face it: more than 50 percent of men suffer from substantial hairloss in course of their life, and those who lose their hair early (in their 20ies and 30ies) often do not know what to do.

First let me state that hair loss is not the end of life, many men are ok with it, so we come to option one:

* Let your hair fall out. If you get bald, dont look insecure by letting the hair grow and comb it over the bald areas. With a balding or bald head, only two combinations look good: very short hair or a completely shaven head. For the latter, it does not hurt to have a muscular body, because with a good body, even a bald former nerd can look good. And tan your skin, tanned baldness can look quite good.

Secondly, if you want to stop hairloss or even would like to regrow some lost hair, there are only a few options. Please do not fall for some herbal mixture or chinese hairwonder or something else. Only 2 medications on the market actually do help, which I will explain to you.

There is

* Minoxidyl, commercially known as Regaine/Rogaine. Dont buy Rogaine, it is overpriced, you can get a decent mixture of minoxidil from a pharmacy or a generic supplier. Rogaine has 2% minoxidil, go with a 3-5% mixture. More is useless. The (alcoholic) mixture has to be applied on your scalp one or twice a day. No side effects expect some itching of the scalp. Works better for hair loss in the crown than on front. One caveat, though: you have to apply it as long as you would like to stop hairloss. If you stop, your hair will start falling out again. Pauses up to 10 days are acceptable. Next caveat: it does not work on all people, but on most.

* Then there is Propecia/Proscar. I do not want to go into great medical detail, but it blocks the production of the hormone DHT, which causes hair follicles to produce thinner and thinner hair, until the area gets bald (DHT is also in the oily residue most men get on their bald areas in course of a day). Dont buy Propecia, it costs as much as Proscar (from the same producer), but has only a fifth of the ingrediences. So buy Proscar, split it in 4 or 5 parts.
On some men (2%), it has the effect to drive down their sex drive. Mostly this goes away after a few months, and it definetely and always goes away after you stop taking Proscar.

Regarding both: They are most effectful if you combine them. Note that you cannot regain hair on areas where you are completely bald, but you can regain where your hair thinned out. The combination of Minoxidyl and Proscar works on most men. Results vary, of course. With Minoxidyl, you may experencie a stronger fallout (known as shedding) on the first few months. The effects of Proscar on your hair can only be seen after at least 6 months! After 12 to 24 months, you will see the full effect. As with minoxidyl, you have to take it as long as you want your hair. If you recognise your hairloss early, you have better chances to stop it.

Option number 3 is hair transplant, which mostly gives great results, but is imho more apt for older men. If you decide for it, dont go with the cheapest doctor - there are alot of quacks around, as it seems - look around and ask other patients. And go for the "micro follicle" transplant, where not skin areas of hair are transplanted from your back head to your front and crown, but seperate and unique hair follicles.

There is a lot of research underway concerning other medicamentations or hair cloning. But don't let this fool you - this is like the fight against cancer, treatments gets better for decades for decades, but the final solution may be found when you are already dead.

I am not a doctor, I just looked around on the net a lot to find information on a topic that interests me. If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

One on One

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Minoxidil 5% has worked fairly well for my receding hairline...it's annoying to apply twice a day though and have to let it absorb for 4 hours. I am only 21 and haven't lost much hair so I don't know if it would work for someone who has a lot of balding.

myfriendblu

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Deep Dish
. I'm growing into an old geezer at the young age of 23.

I'm aging. :D :D
Balding throughout your 20-40's has nothing whatsoever to do with aging. In fact, its a good thing - Its your body telling you that your testosterone levels are at least adequate if not high. High testosterone = High DHT = Hair loss. Lots of info on the net about it, i could go on for hours.

Sexy_Malibu

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Unless you shave your head like every day to keep it smooth as a baby's ass, they are going to notice the receding hairline in the "5 o'clock shadow" anyway. Guys think that by shaving their heads they are hiding the fact that they are balding, but the truth is usually girls realize that a guy with a shaved head = trying to fight mother nature. But I really don't think that girls care so much about receding hairlines as guys worry about them. (Kind of like penis size, ha). And you can always take comfort in the fact that your testosterone levels are high, which probably results in high virility. :)

Monkey

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Sexy_Malibu
guy with a shaved head = trying to fight mother nature.
Actually you are wrong,

guy with shaved head = confident enough to accept mother nature

Deep Dish

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
myfriendblu:
Balding throughout your 20-40's has nothing whatsoever to do with aging. In fact, its a good thing - Its your body telling you that your testosterone levels are at least adequate if not high. High testosterone = High DHT = Hair loss. Lots of info on the net about it, i could go on for hours.
Maybe you can explain something to me, then.

I have barely any chest hair, that except for a 'tiger line' on my stomach my chest is vacant of all but a few strands of hair. It's impossible for me to grow a beard; I can grow a goatee of 50% hair density, but everywhere else the hairs only grow in at 25% density. Whenever I take a test on levels of masculinity/femininity, I always score just slightly on the feminine side.

Monkey

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by myfriendblu
This is slightly incorrect.

High Test does (in most cases) mean higher DHT but the key point is whether the individual has hair follicles which are sensitive to DHT.

You could have low T and low DHT but very sensitive follicles and alot of hairloss. Or high T, high DHT and very resistant follicles and never lose any head hair.

Also the more DHT you have the more body hair you will probably have too as DHT makes body hair grow.

Sexy_Malibu

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
guy with shaved head = confident enough to accept mother nature
Um... no... if you are shaving your head to HIDE your balding ... then you are trying to fight (or at least fool) mother nature. IF you just let your receding hair line show as a fact of life, which it is, then you are accepting mother nature. I like shaved heads, I'm not dissing it or saying that all guys with shaved heads are balding (or that balding guys with shaved heads are bad either) just that c'mon... we can still tell.

Julian

Banned
Reaction score
I pray to God that i dont bald. Balding is one of those things where you either have the gene that starts it, or you dont. My grampa had a full head of hear when he passed, my dad is balding, so im hoping it skips every other generation, hopefully i wont get it.