Bad Teeth

Freddy1

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This is abit of a sensative topic.
I know guys should get their teeth fix as much as you can.
To be honest my teeth are crooked. Still somewhat white but ought to be whiter. Not missing any teeth. But I feel abit self concious of it if you understand where I am comming from. Dental work can be expensive and I hope to save up and do something about it.

You ever been turn down from girls because your teeth arent that great?
Any bad experiences with that.
:(

Domo_Arigatoo

Don Juan
Reaction score
I have a small gap in my front teeth.
It used to bother me when people would point it out in middle school but i just stopped giving a ****. It did make me want to smile less though, and i subconsciously don't show my teeth as much in smiles because of that.

jammy1257

Don Juan
Reaction score
Get braces or invisible braces but to be honest it's not an easy problem as I have a similar problem.

pdx1138

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
a friend of mine until recently was missing 3 teeth in different places. When he would smile, he looked like a jack-o-lantern. He was very self conscious about it.

One time when we were out on a double-date, I asked my then girlfriend what her friend thought.....she said "he needs to find his missing teeth"

I didn't tell him that, but I did tell him a good set of teeth are pretty important to the female population. He got a "flipper" that has the 3 missing teeth and now when he smiles it looks great. didn't cost more than $ 300

pdx1138

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
they make a mold of the roof of your mouth, then make this plastic/rubber piece thats very thin, out of it.

they attach the fake teeth to it where needed.

When you pop it in your mouth it stays stuck to the roof of your mouth and puts the fake teeth where they need to be.

highly effective and way cheaper than permanent replacements.

irocknike23

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
i got the same problem(dam i need braces)

just smile with your mouth closed and when you laugh try to look away from the girl as much as you can unoticably

pdx1138

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
the problem is they will notice.

the women want to see your teeth.

every girl I've ever asked said it was important to have a good set of chompers.

I have not asked any women who have "indian corn teeth" (meth heads) maybe they don't care...

prairiedog24

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
My problem is a really messed up nose. Broke it as a kid, and had surgery on it once when I was younger. Now it's just terrible. Nice hefty dorsal hump, and poofy and large all around. People get used to it, but I know it's def the first thing they notice about me.

Someday I'll probably get it fixed. But I'm not much of a cosmetics guy, and its going to cost me $2-3k at least. Sigh.

As for teeth. I would definitely do what you can to keep them nice or fix them up. Perfect is not necessary, but nice is. Nice teeth say more about you than a f'd up nose. Whether fair or not, people often equate your teeth with hygiene and general class status or responsibility levels.

Sparky

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm ashamed to say that I f8cked my teeth up back in the nineties when I did far too many class A drugs. I've had them fixed up a bit since then, but no whitening or anything. My last few girlfriends haven't complained or shown any sign that they minded. But I'm in the UK where I don't think we go for the "Tip ex / Piano keyboard teeth" as much as the Americans.
I think perfect teeth are in a way worse than just good teeth because then it's obvious that they're kind of not entirely real.
Make your teeth look good but natural - I always get suspicious when I see someone over about the age of 25 with perfect teeth. It's just not natural.
It's kind of like that obvious plastic surgery that film stars have, it stands out a mile off, and not necessarily in a good way.
Edit - by "Class A drugs" I mean Ecstasy and Cocaine.

Sparky

Don Juan
Reaction score
Freddy1 said:
To be honest my teeth are crooked.
I have a couple of crooked teeth. My last G/F said she thought they were cute, for the record.
If you have really crooked teeth and it's driving you nuts, I guess the only thing is a light brace for a year or so, unfortunately.
Just be grateful you're not Scottish!

Borknagar

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I got veneers about a year ago cause I had crooked teeth on the top. well it was a combo of veneers and caps, try to get caps if you can ansd many dentists won't have a problem making it sound like you needed to get them done just so your insurance covers it. Not only are my teeth straight now but whiter as well. It was 2 veneers and 2 caps costs about $3500 after insurance so it can be expensive either way. Have I got rejected on my teeth? not solely but *****es/women have mentioned them. We're guys so our appearance is very important to women. On the contrary to what the pickup community and media likes to say.

Comic

Don Juan
Reaction score
I have crooked teeth but I'm getting braces in under a month so it won't be a problem for me anymore. I hadn't noticed it as much of a problem before though either. I didn't smile much and I tried to show as little teeth as possible, but I know I showed a lot whether I liked it or not. Girls like good teeth, no doubt. But whether they care about bad teeth depends on the type of girl.