Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

"Bad" career worth the money?

OlympicTim

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey guys so everyones heard the advice to never go into a career because of money do something you love.

For some of you older dudes here (I'm 19) should I really try to find a career I love or should I just do something that makes me more money and have a blast on my days off and vacations and retirement?

Eph

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I choose to follow the advice of "don't put all your eggs in the same basket". Do what you love and no matter how much it pays, do something else that makes you money as well. Abundance mentality applies to much more than just women.

PrettyBoyAJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You have to find a balance. If you can do something you love that makes a lot of money then that is idea. I'd focus on making the money because you have bills due every month. Bills aren't going to stop because you have a passion.

Tenacity

Banned
Reaction score
Hey guys so everyones heard the advice to never go into a career because of money do something you love.

For some of you older dudes here (I'm 19) should I really try to find a career I love or should I just do something that makes me more money and have a blast on my days off and vacations and retirement?
My boy Aaron Clarey sums this up perfectly below.

In summary, you need to figure out what's in demand in the market that pays well, make a big list of such careers. Then pick one or two of them based on your level of talents and strengths.

In terms of "passion", every career or job you get is going to test you and drain you give or take. You just need to LEARN TO LOVE what you do, rather than trying to find something to do that you already "love".

This is why in LA every damn body is some "actor" or "model", but aren't making enough to pay for a studio apartment.

dillj

Banned
Reaction score
if you can't clear 70k a year at it, it aint waf. Federal prison guards do that "well", after their first 2 years. Plus a pension at 20 years, and full medical, for life. the pension and insurance are worth a million $, easily. Make real money, or keep looking. even if you hate it, if you're banking 50k per year and learning how to invest it, you can retire overseas after just 5=6 years of it

dillj

Banned
Reaction score
you can have more like 50 years of such freedom, if you pay attention

dillj

Banned
Reaction score
I"d move across the country to gross an "extra" 20k per year and move 500 miles to gross another 10k a year. keep moving and improving, or pay the price, and that price comes a lot sooner than you think! Get set up to be retired, so bosses/customers can kiss your butt

Poonani Maker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Get your 4-year degree, even though you may go blue-collar in the future, because it opens doors WHEN you know people or network (whenever you DECIDE to network or hit the pavement with your shoe and get mega-serious about landing a JOB NOW). As long as you have that 4-year degree, people Look at you, and it is a requirement for many governmental as well as private sector careers. I didn't get SERIOUS about networking to land a job until I was 28-30. A oneitis pushed me over the top to ruck up and kick butt. A woman thinking less of me makes me Angry and more determined to give her the ole big "Fvck YOU!!!" as I left her in the dust. There's two choices: Suicide or Ruck Up and get aggressive, a shock troop, go on the offensive, full speed ahead.

dillj

Banned
Reaction score
4 year degrees mostly don't mean jack squat. If you want to retire ASAP, so you can do whatever you want, get a 2 year degree and pass the exam for registered nurse. you'll get 17k per year of loans, 5k per year of grants. and if you work as a nurse, your loans will be forgiven. You'll start at 45k per year. Use your money to marry a dentist from Asia, and she'll pay you 30k, per year, for 5 years, untaxed, for bringing her here. Invest your money well and you'll be retired 5 years after becoming a nurse.

PrettyBoyAJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
How can you find a dentist from Asia that will pay you 30k a year?

dillj

Banned
Reaction score
look on DateInAsia.com there's a category for employment. Simply dont answer any gals/respondents to your ad, who are not in the medical field. You can also advertize in magazines in whatever country you favor. China's got the most, but not many speak English. The Phills is your best shot, really. DateInAsia is a FREE site and Facebook can help you, too. it's a very big deal in Phills. A gal with an actual 4 year degree in Nursing can do you right, too and there's lots more such women than there are dentists.

parkthebus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Obviously finding a balance is the best thing but not everyone has these choices. The job doesn't have to be your passion; just make sure its not something you hate thinking about on a Sunday. I've experienced both extremes in terms of job satisfaction and if its something you don't like it can be very depressing. If you have to choose one more slightly over the other, choose a job you enjoy. If you work 9 hours doing something you hate day in day out, you're gonna be miserable 5/7 days a week. If you work 9 hours doing something you love day in day out and like most jobs, it pays enough to get by and you don't have to worry about finances, then you're gonna be happy 5/7 days of the week. And you don't need much money to have a good weekend. Good companionship is usually enough to get by. Job satisfaction always comes first.

dillj

Banned
Reaction score
shyte happens, guys, to everyone eventually. if you are not banking/investing a LOT of money every year, one of those "happenings' is going to ruin your life. you DARE not trust any one job to be there tomorrow, much less next year. LOTS of money, well invested, and a lot of it in cash and bullion gold coins, survival skill and gear, leads to true peace of mind.

LiveFreeX

Banned
Reaction score
I'll tell ya what kid, take from my story what you will, I was into video games from a very young age, when I was in my 20's I managed to change a job considered the most boring and low paid on Earth (night watchman) into a 12 hour video game session with a handheld. I would end up going to work early just so I could setup a laptop, music, a dvd player or invite friends around for magic cards. I literally got paid to hang out with my friends, play games, talk on the phone and paint models. At the end of the day, I would be $150 richer and have made it effortlessly. Its not a job that will make you rich but its extremely gratifying to get paid for what you love. You can always do it on the side as a part time guy.

As an alternative, spend some time doing fun jobs when you are younger. You can work in resorts and on cruise ships as a cook or an Entertainer, see the world and get paid alright to do it. You gotta do it while you are young because when you get old, you take less risks and develop health issues. I got paid VERY WELL as a balloon twister on my weekends just to make toys for kids... people would comment on how great a job I did just because I was enjoying myself. You can get a 4 year degree later, first go out, have some fun and bank some cash doing it.

Last edited:

dillj

Banned
Reaction score
when your boss finds out, you'll be history. Most such jobs require you to walk around and continually hit a punch card machine, intended to eliminate worthless goofoffs like you

LiveFreeX

Banned
Reaction score
Yeah nuts to that... most security jobs are 12 hours snore fests. Take it from a guy who has been in the industry 15 years. 90% of the job is staying awake.

And honestly, who gives a sh1t? The job pays minimum. You think they expect you to stare into nothingness for 12 hours at a time? lol.

dillj

Banned
Reaction score
$12 an hour aint minimum. it's 50% more than minimum and a lot more than you deserve, obviously