Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

bacon in moderation?

speakeasy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I absolutely love bacon. It's not like I eat enough to fill my stomach, Just 3-4 strips with my eggs. Is that really going to hurt my fitness much? Breakfast just doesn't feel like breakfast without bacon. Even then, I only eat it about 3 times a week(so about 1 package per week).

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I use to love bacon too but I switched to turkey bacon. It's not the same but it didn't take long for me to start enjoying it.

mrRuckus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What's wrong with bacon? Why would it hurt anything?

onyx

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I like bacon too. I don't eat it that often though

Supremo

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
You can reward yourself with something not necessarily "healthy" if the rest of your diet is good.

Four strips of bacon is hardly "bad" at all.

MrS

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Nothing wrong with bacon!

nosmirk

Don Juan
Reaction score
When cooking bacon, do not cook at high temperatures for long periods of time. High heat can turn the nitrite curing agents into nitrosamine. Bacon cooked in the microwave contains fewer nitrosamines. (Read the University of Minnesota report) Nitrates are used to not only preserve color but also as a preservative agent to retard rancidity in the fat and kill botulism bacteria. Nitrites have been the subject of controversy as a potential cancer-causing agent in some animal experiments. Results are as yet inconclusive. There are nitrate-free bacon products on the market. Check labels. Source: http://homecooking.about.com/od/foodhealthinformation/a/baconhealth.htm

Eating large quantities of cured meats like bacon could damage lung function and increase the risk of lung disease.
A Columbia University team found people who ate cured meats at least 14 times a month were more likely to have COPD - chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. Source: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/6560121.stm