Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Back pain and Posture

BowTie

Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't have the best back in the world and I would like some tips and exercises to remedy back-pain and posture.

Things I do currently for posture:
1) Keep reminding myself about posture when I notice it
2) Walk as if there is a rope tied to my head keeping my head aligned correctly (keep hearing this technique)
3) I used to do some foam rolling and will probably start that up again.

I'm also going to start doing deadlifts again, I started doing them but stopped since I had terrible form and was afraid to injure myself.

switch

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
hi mate.i also have back problems and wellthere are a lot of things that you can do.
1. buy a lumbar support ..they really help
2.learn to flex your abs all the time..its hard at first but youll get the hang of it..
one way to think of it is like when there is a hot girl in front of you and you wanna look slimmer to impress her,you try to take your belly in right? like that

4.keep your shoulders back and down
5.visit the website below, the owner is a bodybuilder who is also suffering from back pain , he has a lot of good tips for people like us
http://scoobysworkshop.com/preventing-lower-back-pain/
http://scoobysworkshop.com/posture/

6.swimming especially freestyle, it has done wonders for me
7.lose weight
8.physiotherapy books can be *cough* borrowed from the internet for free

Jack Wealthy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
First two tips are bad. A lumbar support is like orthotics, a bandaid solution which remedies the pain symptom but makes the problem- weakness- worse. Tensing your abs will imobilize your hips and stop them from rotating completely.

Work on kettlebell swings, dead lifts, single leg deadlifts and pullups. Shoulder blades down, back and together on all. Pinch you ass cheeks to extend your hips on the first two. Train back 2:1 with pushing exercises. Work on improving mobility of your hips and ankles. Stretch you hip flexors, hammies and glutes to try and get a couple more degrees ROM in tour hips. When you get enough mobility, you will place less stress on your back during movement. Increased stability of the posterior chain will stop muscles from fatiguing and causing pain and even out imbalances.

speed dawg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Jack Wealthy said:
First two tips are bad. A lumbar support is like orthotics, a bandaid solution which remedies the pain symptom but makes the problem- weakness- worse. Tensing your abs will imobilize your hips and stop them from rotating completely.
Agree on the first, but I think he means just stabilizing the abs and not letting them hang. Not necessarily tensing them.

goundra

Banned
Reaction score
get someone who REALLY understands the deadlift to coach you in correct form, or dont lift heavy, or you can REALLY mess up your back. Ditto regular barbell squats.

Epimanes

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I had a back injury like 18 years ago when i was a stucco labourer... went to a chiro who hurt me even more not long after injury so I stopped going. years later... after just living with the lower back pain (became just a constant dull lower back ache that never went away) i went into a new chiropracting place and they had some new technology and did a digital nerve scan on my spine and located my trouble areas with it. AFter my first adjustment my lower back pain from 15 years ... was gone. Go see a chiro ... get them to nerve scan you to pinoint the vertibres that are causing the pain. It may help alot ... it did to me.

Epi

Davitson

Reaction score
It is very sever pain and back pin posture this method related to the chines treatment.Most of the people adopt such method in order to get the better relief but this method takes a lot time to cover up the pain.

switch

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
this might be a bit strange but i found out that doing barbell squats with perfect form actually healed my back o_O
i don't know the science behind it ...but it's real....