Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

awkward silence on the phone

mahon83050

Banned
Reaction score
I was talking to some cute chick on the phone whom my friends sister is hooking me up with. We have not met in person, but we have exchanged pics. I called her tonight and I set up a date, kept the convo around 6-8 minutes. However, the convo did not go smooth and their were alot of awkward silences. Is this normal or lack of interest on her part.

penkitten

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
eewww get off the phone quickly when this happens.

awkward silences are never good.

On_the_Top

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
oooo...........awarkward silence, yeah like he said the best thing to do is either say you have to go aburptly(will leave her guessing if she fvcked up) say something witty, bust on her for not being intresting, or either use nouning. The point is not let the convo go dry, if you do or you feel it going that way, eject like a pilot in burning aircraft.

becker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
First off, it's best not to talk too long on the phone. Save it for the date if you can. Sometimes you can't help but get absorbed in the conversation, but if it starts getting to the point where you run out of things to say, just tell her you're looking forward to the date, and say your goodbyes.

chlywly

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
akward silences mean there is a lack of chemistry between you two, usually when im on the phone with a chic I'm always talking always coming up with someone etc, I can talk for ever and keep their interest; but unless they have something interesting to say I get bored and dont' wanna do all the talking... sometimes ill stay quiter and see if they have anything interesting to stay or if they can hold a convo, usually thats when akward silence sets in, and I become very uninterested. :D

white_hype

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i hate talking on the phone, i would much rather talk in person... i dont know why, regardless i am still pretty good on the phone :)

if you cant feed off what shes saying, act like you are distracted you may even say something not directed at her then be like "hey hold on a sec i have to take care of something" then think of something to say to her

anyways the convo should last around 5 mins anyway

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by mahon83050
I was talking to some cute chick on the phone whom my friends sister is hooking me up with. We have not met in person, but we have exchanged pics. I called her tonight and I set up a date, kept the convo around 6-8 minutes. However, the convo did not go smooth and their were alot of awkward silences. Is this normal or lack of interest on her part.
You talked 6-8 minutes? That was twice as long as it should have been. Unless you can pick ANY topic out of air and start a conversation about it, just stick with phone calls to set up dates, 2-4 minutes tops.

Eileen

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Tongue tied when you've not met in person or during a first meet is fairly common. She's probably a bundle of nerves right now. Don't put any meaning to it.

L-I-B

Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: Re: awkward silence on the phone

Originally posted by Francisco d'Anconia
You talked 6-8 minutes? That was twice as long as it should have been. Unless you can pick ANY topic out of air and start a conversation about it, just stick with phone calls to set up dates, 2-4 minutes tops.

dude, that's just a time to shoot for, I really don't think that talking 6-8 compared to 2-4 is REALLY going to make that big a diff.

Paid Laid & Made

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Plus, its good as long, as you got info out of her which you can use during the date. During the date is when you want to have attention and fairly if you have akward silences then ... yeah it wont look good.

Craig Reeves

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's generally not correct form to use the phone as a vehicle for conversation. The phone shoud generally to plan out dates.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: Re: Re: awkward silence on the phone

Originally posted by L-I-B
dude, that's just a time to shoot for, I really don't think that talking 6-8 compared to 2-4 is REALLY going to make that big a diff.
:rolleyes: Here we go, the problem is that there was a lot of awkward silences and that the conversation didn't go well. Are you saying that someone should prolong a conversation that isn't going well??? :confused:

He had already asked her out, what else would you have him do with the awkward silences, just sit there and listen to her breathe???!!!

Aztec

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Not necessarily a sign of non-interest.

Six to 8 minutes is pretty long for the first convo.

DJ Mission

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by white_hype

if you cant feed off what shes saying, act like you are distracted you may even say something not directed at her then be like "hey hold on a sec i have to take care of something" then think of something to say to her
Or even better, say in a frustrated, serious tone... "Did you take care of the child?...What the ****...How hard is it shank a ****in child"

blue17

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by chlywly
akward silences mean there is a lack of chemistry between you two, usually when im on the phone with a chic I'm always talking always coming up with someone etc, I can talk for ever and keep their interest; but unless they have something interesting to say I get bored and dont' wanna do all the talking... sometimes ill stay quiter and see if they have anything interesting to stay or if they can hold a convo, usually thats when akward silence sets in, and I become very uninterested. :D

Conversations can be like that. One person does all the talking, the other person listening. Then when the main talker runs out of things to say....suddenly the other person isn't used to speaking and they might not have anything interesting to say. The best convos i've had are where I am mostly just listening...making an intelligant feedback/coment/follow up to what they say. It's best to talk less, and give meaningful statements then to babble and dominate the entire conversation.

cannibustacap

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by blue17
Conversations can be like that. One person does all the talking, the other person listening. Then when the main talker runs out of things to say....suddenly the other person isn't used to speaking and they might not have anything interesting to say. The best convos i've had are where I am mostly just listening...making an intelligant feedback/coment/follow up to what they say. It's best to talk less, and give meaningful statements then to babble and dominate the entire conversation.
I notice that when I listen more, I get into that "friend" category. I have to get sexual before I become a listener.

It sucks because I suck at fluff talk too. I need to work on this sh~t.

But yea, she feels the awkward silence too and is probably feeling the same tension. Try to use that tension to your benefit. Try to use every thing to your benefit. If something bad happens, find the little bit of good in it and exploit it. Sometimes that is learning a lesson, other times it means you need to be proactive and just make a move. Girls ARE NOT LOGICAL.

If your logic says "this situation is bad" it doesn't compute like that with a girl. This is why this is all an art, IMO.

If you just ALWAYS look at a situation in a positive light and ALWAYS assume the best, then you go beyond logic and hopefully you will GET THE GIRL INTO YOUR WORLD and you won't get into HER WORLD.

Then fùck this sh~t out of that worthless ***** and move on. I hate having to manipulate/put forced artificial effort to get a chick. It is always best when both you and the girl are on the same wavelengths. Bah whatever, I digress.

Climax

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
hmm...

My opinion of why there was arkward silences is because of lack of experiance and confidence.

If you were to talk on the phone to gilrs on a regualr basis u would be able to keep the conversation alive and interesting for ALOT longer than just 6-8 minutes.

I said confidence because you were probably a little shy on the phone too.

When i 1st started totalk to girls on the phone alot etc, i went through the same thing, i neva knew what to say, i neva knew HOW to say things etc.... But after doing it often, i found myself able to hold a nice enjoyable and entertaining conversation with a girl for hours.

Now the only problem that i MIGHT have is not having anything to talk about with a gilr cause i have talked about everything there SI to talk about with her. ( not that i DO actually ruin out of things to say, there are always things to say)

A way to help u avoid that arkward silence is to just think that its one of ur best buddies on the other line. ( I'm sure u dont get any arkward silences with ur buddies on the phone, now do u?)

Ok, well i hope this helps u in the future.;)

Laterz..

cannibustacap

Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: hmm...

Originally posted by aequitas

A way to help u avoid that arkward silence is to just think that its one of ur best buddies on the other line. ( I'm sure u dont get any arkward silences with ur buddies on the phone, now do u?)
Usually what I talk about with my best buds is like asking for advice, giving advice, talking about ideas, complaining.... lots of complaiinings and making hardcore fun of people behind their backs... or recapping scenes from movies.

But mostly talking ****. Other than that we just end the conversation early.

Maybe its just me, but there are TONS of silences when I am hanging out with my buds... but they aren't "awkward" that is the thing. They are just silences.

Quote from PULP FICTION:
Mia: Don't you hate that?
Vincent: What?
Mia: Uncomfortable silences. Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh!t in order to be comfortable?
Vincent: I don't know. That's a good question.
Mia: That's when you know you've found somebody special. When you can just shut the fùck up for a minute and comfortably enjoy the silence.

christz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by chlywly
Dude i feel the SAME EXACT way.. i belive there is chemisty that can be instantly established by talking on the phone. Because you two can talk forever literally. without one drop in the conversation.

but those girls who you can't its probably because they're shy or there is no chemistry so its probably not gonna work out anyways