Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Avoiding oneitis with fvck buddies

rbd

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Been away from this site for awhile. I've been enjoying life, keeping busy and getting girls (and good looking ones at that!)

However, I wanted to gather the opinions and experiences of you all on the topic of avoiding oneitis with fvck buddies.

In my case, if I spend enough time with a girl that I like (and especially have sex with her and sleep in the same bed overnight), I find myself thinking about her more and more. Obvious incoming oneitis. I seem to suffer from some kind of localized anxiety (basically limited to girls), and if I get into that trap of overanalyzing things, it's hard to get out of it.

Currently, I have a few girls that I'm working on, and others that I could easily fvck (and with some of them have fvcked), but I'm very picky and there is at this moment only one that I would and can do on at least a semi-regular basis. The thing is that she's young, volatile, does some stuff with a few other guys from time to time, and is generally not relationship material at this age at least. This is an obvious pedestal setup on my part and with a girl like that, not a good situation for me to put myself into. I'm wondering if I'm just one of those DJs that are into relationships and not just sleeping around...

I think the this oneitis could be alleviated (or cured) in the following ways:
-Get more fvck buddies: I can do this but I find it is hard for me to really work on more than one or two girls at once. I'm largely a perfectionist and like to focus my effort. This is next for me to really try though, and would do the trick I think.

-Don't analyze what she said in your head, focus on other activities, keep her off that pedestal, and other cognitive tactics: I employ many of these and they help, but it's almost like a constant battle to keep this forming oneitis at bay.

Was or is anyone in the same boat as I am? I'd like to hear some personal experiences on this topic. What did you do that worked for you?

Thanks, and keep pimpin! :)

slickone

Don Juan
Reaction score
Avoiding FB oneitis

You gotta keep a FB a FB.

If she isn't ready for a LTR you are not going to get it no matter what. Just as if she doesn't want to give it out some particular day, you ain't gonna get no ass if she ain't givin it out.

Get other interests, other FB's, other people to hang with.

Anyways a chick that is neither ready to settle down or if she is knowingly screwing other guys is not worth a LTR.

Remember to keep it wrapped!!

Don't know who else is dippin into her!

petal

Reaction score
I am in a similar situation but I'm a girl. I have been with a FWB for a year now and I guess I have always had oneitus. The thing is, I haven't had the need to go out and sleep around when he satisfies me well. Lately, I have been thinking that I will stop sleeping with him altogether but the sex is too good to not think about the benefit. The reason being is that he sleeps with other girls, even though it doesn't bother me, I am concerned with my health. Neither one of us ever wanted to get into anything serious and he is not relationship material for me. However, I have seen a different side of him that makes me wonder if what I am doing is right or wrong for myself. The reason I have kept him is that we have an honest open sexual relationship that has developed a great respect for each other. We have shared many different sexual adventures even 3 somes with him and other men whom we both know. I have only had 1 different partner for a brief time but that stopped and I eventually went back to this one.

Am I just limiting myself to this person? I have needs too but I don't have the desire to go out and have sex with tons of men. What makes me so sure from aside the physical satifaction, that I could be distracted from finding a real relationship?

The things that I have done to keep from getting emotional is to keep myself busy, and try not to think about him, sometimes I do forget about the "what if's" by simply ignoring him and not making myself available. Another one is make sure your partner keeps his/her space. Just get together on occasions. Keep communication minimal.

slickone

Don Juan
Reaction score
Be careful petal

As a person in the medical profession I'd like to say to you petal, care for your heart AND body.

When it comes to STDs women have a much greater chance to get them from guys than a woman to give it to a guy. So ALWAYS use protection. The pill is not effective protection.

Just curious, how old are you? Wondering if your mindset is one of a girl 18-21 or older.

You sound like you have your stuff together, just remember to always be careful. I like your attitude.

As a woman, how do you prevent yourself from going through all the what ifs or getting upset about your man with other women?

Thanks for your female perspective.

Kineti[C]harm

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
These days it seems that people are either uneducated or only fear the "STD" called pregnancy because time after time I read lay reports etc were guys are getting bl0wj0bs or eating out some girl but always make sure they put on a condom before having sex "Because they aint dumb..."..

(Why on earth is the word bl0wj0b censored?)

petal

Reaction score
Re: Be careful petal

Originally posted by slickone

Just curious, how old are you? Wondering if your mindset is one of a girl 18-21 or older.

You sound like you have your stuff together, just remember to always be careful. I like your attitude.

As a woman, how do you prevent yourself from going through all the what ifs or getting upset about your man with other women?

Thanks for your female perspective.
slick... I am going to be hitting 30 this year. My fwb is also the same age.

I am emotionally unattached from my current FWB because I don't see him as anything other than filling my sexual void. He is a great person inside but I do not want to be in a serious relationship and neither does he. And I chose someone who long term... I rarely have anything in common with. The other girls that he has sex with are not up to par with my maturity level and eventually they will want something more from him but he knows where I stand. It just doesn't bother me for some reason mainly because he is not out to play games or hurt me unless I let him. I can only think about my safety.

Last edited:

LuvMyArmyMan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Chico, CA during school, and Irivine off-school
you can get STI's (sexually transmitted infections, such as chlamidya and ghonnerea) from unprotected oral sex, same with genital herpes and warts. You dont want genital warts on the back of your throat. Or on your mouth. Ew. And the pill offers NO (absolutely none) protection againt STD/I's, and HIV/AIDS. Just to let ya know

However, I had a FB last summer. I had no feelings for him, he had no feelings for me

Its fun. Go for it. Just make sure that no one gets their feelings hurt, or that one doenst fall for the other. Because all that will ever matter is sex (and if they are a friend, friendship) and not romance.

crack_her

Don Juan
Reaction score
In my case, if I spend enough time with a girl that I like (and especially have sex with her and sleep in the same bed overnight), I find myself thinking about her more and more. Obvious incoming oneitis. I seem to suffer from some kind of localized anxiety (basically limited to girls), and if I get into that trap of overanalyzing things, it's hard to get out of it.
That's exactly what happened in the situation I'm going through right now. I'm having a hell of a time trying to get over this girl that is not LTR material. It's even more difficult when she works where my friends and I hang out so I see her at least every week.

LuvMyArmyMan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by crack_her
That's exactly what happened in the situation I'm going through right now. I'm having a hell of a time trying to get over this girl that is not LTR material. It's even more difficult when she works where my friends and I hang out so I see her at least every week.
Forget about her. Just, hook up with other girls. Youre better than her. Yeah, so she's not LDR-material. She probably never is. You only want her bc you cant have her. so just, think of her as nothing to you. Ignore her. Dont look at her. Dont listen when someone talks about her

Legend

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Forget about her. Just, hook up with other girls. Youre better than her. Yeah, so she's not LDR-material. She probably never is. You only want her bc you cant have her. so just, think of her as nothing to you. Ignore her. Dont look at her. Dont listen when someone talks about her
this is money right here....great advice

crack_her

Don Juan
Reaction score
It's not THAT easy, but yeah I know I'll get over it. I do want her because I can't have her like you said - but isn't that what attraction is all about? Wanting things you can't have. However, I will speak to her with an "I don't give a sh!t atttitude" because I will never let her know that she got to me.

LuvMyArmyMan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
but see, it goes both ways, man. If you act like you dont give a crap around her and like she means nothing, she'll want you. and most likely, when she does want you, you'll be moved on and she'll be desperate. Then you can tell her you liked her, but she was a b1tch, and not LTR material, and she'll regret it.

yeah, initial attraction is about wanting what you cant have, but when youre with someone for awhile, attraction is just seeing the person.

crack_her

Don Juan
Reaction score
but see, it goes both ways, man. If you act like you dont give a crap around her and like she means nothing, she'll want you. and most likely, when she does want you, you'll be moved on and she'll be desperate. Then you can tell her you liked her, but she was a b1tch, and not LTR material, and she'll regret it.
THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT I'M AFTER!

LuvMyArmyMan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
hahahahahaha

it might happen, it might not. Act as though she doesnt exist. see what happens. JUST DONT BREAK THE SEAL--- NEVER STOP IGNORING HER OR AS THOUGH SHE MEANS ANYTHING!!!! then she'll know that its a game. dont be bipolar. then she'll think youre weird.

crack_her

Don Juan
Reaction score
I think I want her back so I can dump her. Does this sound wierd or what?

silverwex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you wanna get over/avoid oneitis read my guide to beating/avoiding oneitis in tips.

Jimbo2k

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by crack_her
I think I want her back so I can dump her. Does this sound wierd or what?
Weird, not really. Just juvenile.

playasupreme

Banned
Reaction score
F-buddies are hoes, never love a hoe. If you can't handle it you are the girlfriend type and should stick to nice girls.

Piece_Maker

Don Juan
Reaction score
Jesus CHRIST I'm glad I read this...I'm getting into kind of a bind with my own FB.

This was def. a refreshing read.