Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

AverageJoe2

ManOMan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Did anyone watch the final episode? suprisingly she picked one of the hunks, and rejected the Average Joe who almost told her he is in Love with her

Did you folks think the guy did a disservice to himself by admitting his love for her?

In spite of the fact that she kept saying "He is the sweetest man in the world, but I dont think we are in the same level of feelings for each other?

Then final blowout was the hunk dumped her because she was dating fabio? why would a guy dump a girl because of that???

p.s. MODS get your trigger finger off the MOVE button, my main question was to ask if its bad to admit your liking/love for a girl? at that stage of a relationship

Ixnys

Don Juan
Reaction score
Well I think the dude was an idiot to get pissed just because she dated Fabio. Well moron, when you're that hot of course you'll date somebody like Fabio! I think it's so rediculous that maybe the show was fixed and it was all actors.

Nonetheless, even though Brian appeared to have more personality than the other guy, Larissa just probably wasn't physically turned on by him.

To answer your question, it didn't make a difference whether he said he loved her or didn't. She was never attracted to him physically. She was a beautiful girl...c'mon fabio to this. The guy wasn't bad looking either, but he wasn't as good looking as someone you would expect to see with her. I wouldn't personally tell someone I loved them under the circumstances of being on a game show and knowing them for less than a month and only going out on a few dates.

Giovanni Casanova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
First, that Gil guy was a moron for acting the way that he did. In all relationships, the past is the past for the most part -- who you used to date years ago is irrelevant unless they gave you some kind of STD or something. But, it proved what I had thought all along... Gil was not that interested in Lorissa. She made a bad choice, and it bit her in the ass.

Now, I can't tell this girl that she has to be attracted to Brian... but she was the one who kept picking him all the way to the end. So either she felt less than nothing for everyone else, or there was something there with Brian.

But there are a couple of things worth noting...

• As Gil proved so well, if you live by the sword, you die by the sword. If looks and physical attraction are your main criteria, it's likely to be the very thing that burns you. In this case, Lorissa selected Gil based mostly on looks (it certainly wasn't his personality based on what I saw) and so the Fabio thing is going to be much more threatening to him. Looks were all Gil had, and then he finds out she was with Fabio, who is normally thought of as good-looking by women (I don't see it, but I'm not a woman). Gil's greatest (and possibly only) asset was trumped by her ex-boyfriend. He couldn't handle that.
  • Brian made several mistakes with Lorissa. He was neither a challenge nor mysterious. She knew that she had him wrapped around her finger, and she didn't have to chase him... he was just there for the taking. He put her on a VERY high pedestal. The way in which he acted gave their relationship a weird dynamic in which Brian, at 31 years old, seemed like a child and Lorissa at 23 or 24 seemed like the adult. It wasn't a partnership of equals... Brian had put himself so far below Lorissa and put Lorissa so far above him that he couldn't reach her.
  • That being said, Brian will probably never go dateless again, especially in the short-term. Brian had improved himself quite a deal from the beginning of the show, and lifelong behavioral habits can't and don't change overnight. Brian definitely has potential, but he needs to identify his mistakes and correct them. That might be hard, because he will now have a lot of female attention whether he changes or not.

becker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This show was pretty pathetic. The insecure hunk got all self-conscious because she dated Fabio. I didn't even see what the big deal was.

I think Brian was just too ugly for her to pick him. It just shows that in the end, your personality can be great, but an ugly guy will not get chosen by a girl like that regardless of what his personality is like. He will be able to get women, but they will have to be within his league.

Genghis Juan

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree with Casanova,

If Brian had the skills of a DJ, he would have achieved a better result, which may or may not have landed the babe. I am not sure where Brian would land in a scale of 1 to 10 for a woman, but I think that most women would consider him around a 5 or maybe worse.

The "Hottie" guy had only one card in his sleeve; his looks. Most guys that are incredably vein (not to generalize) and model-good looking, have very little to offer. They spend most of the day in the gym and tending to themselves, they don't have other things to offer (personality, intelligence, wit, charm, money & power). The reason is the same for alot of hot women, they rely on their looks to achieve their means.

But in the long run, the Hot Babe will always beat out the Hot Guy because the Babe will alot of times settle down with a guy who is not a stud; she will settle down with a guy with more to offer (charm, intelligence, money & power). The Hot Guy who is a "mimbo" will be left in the dust most of the time as girls "outgrow" him. So like Casanova said, a "Hot Guy/Mimbo" will always ultimately live and die by the sword.

I think if a guy is a 5 and he wants to land a HB9-9.5, his game would have to be super tight, and the chemistry between him and the girl would have to be just right. She would have to be the kind of HB that doesn't consider looks a top priority in a man. I think she would have to have a history of being dumped and strung along by hot studmuffins as well to make her more humbled.

In this respect, I partially agree with Becker. Unless the match between the HB9-9.5 and the Dude of <=5 in looks is just right like I described above and the guy has super DJ skills, he has less of a chance than dudes >6. The further down the scale you go in a guy's looks, the better the match between the HB and the Dude has to be along with exponentially better DJ skills and more resources (money & power).

So in the end, I would say that the answer is not black & white. I don't believe in "leagues", but at the same time, there are probabilites which increase or decrease for a guy aiming for an HB, depending on certain variables:

1. If a guy is above average in looks (Dude 7 or more), his DJ skills would have to be good with alot to offer to land an HB.
2. If a guy is average, his DJ skills would have to be tight with alot to offer to land the HB.
3. If a guy is below average (ugly), his DJ skills would have to superb with ALOT to offer (money & power), or perhaps an HB with lower self-esteem/low consideration for a guy's looks, in order to land the HB.

What do you guys think? (BTW, I think the show is scripted anyway ;) )

Last edited:

MR_PERFECT

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
The good-looking guy didn't reject her because of Fabio, he did it because he didn't like her. There was something about her that turned him off, but we may never know what it was. Remember. he was alone with her for a few days before he found that out.

Giovanni Casanova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by MR_PERFECT
The good-looking guy didn't reject her because of Fabio, he did it because he didn't like her. There was something about her that turned him off, but we may never know what it was. Remember. he was alone with her for a few days before he found that out.
As I said, I don't think Gil liked her very much... HOWEVER, he did freak about Fabio. When she told him, he threw a temper tantrum, and although you couldn't hear what he was saying, he was obviously yelling at her. Then, to the camera, he said that every guy in America would understand what his problem was... and I understand perfectly. He has one asset: looks. Her ex-boyfriend was arguably better-looking than him. Every guy wants to think that he's better than his girlfriend's ex. Now, if Gil was intelligent, or witty, or successful, or whatever, then the Fabio thing wouldn't have been as big of a deal, but Gil isn't those things.

Genghis Juan

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
wait a minute

sorry, but i was looking at the wrong f'ing pic. obviously i haven't been watching the show, but brian is a pretty good looking guy. I think if he had good DJ skills he probably would have got her ...I think its to cynical to thing in terms of leagues with him, although the babe from the show really is one in a million anyway, tough to find a girl that hot on the street....

Do you guys really think a guy like Brian with good DJ skills and embracement of the whole DJ lifestyle wouldn't be able to land an HB9?

becker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have to first say that I've seen girls way hotter than her before, hands down. She was about a 6 or 7 to me, and that's on a good makeup day. You can tell she needed a little help makeup wise to really look that good. I know that sounds like I'm stretching, but I promise you, I just spoke to a couple of girls today who would blow this one out of the water.

Gil was just insecure, that's it. I have trouble seeing what the problem is still. Who the heck cares if her ex-BF was Fabio? The guy's ugly, to me at least. What would have mattered was that she was now with me, not him. He was a good testament to the whole saying that looks aren't everything, but at the same time, a guy like Brian, who was totally cool and looked like he was in, was not in because his looks more than anything held him back. He was a skinny, hook-nosed, dorky dude who finally combed his hair (which did WONDERS for the way he looked because before he did that, he looked like some cartoon character). His accent wasn't even a good one (compared to other Boston accents that I've heard, it was too pronounced in the wrong places).

The only reason Brian, or even last season's Adam, both equally unattractive physically, would get women is if they were rich, and even if so, it would still have to be a woman that is in their league.

ManOMan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think her "secret" wasnt fabio, I think she was like a prostitute or sumthing and they edited it say Fabio (like Givoanni said)

Gil is the MAN! he dissed a flake, and gave a message out to all women

BE CAAREFUL WHO YOUR HISTORY OF DATING IS

& You should have went for the NICE GUY

Porky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
HAHA!

Serves her right! The superficial b1tch got what was coming to her.

Giovanni Casanova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by becker
a guy like Brian, who was totally cool and looked like he was in, was not in because his looks more than anything held him back. He was a skinny, hook-nosed, dorky dude who finally combed his hair (which did WONDERS for the way he looked because before he did that, he looked like some cartoon character). His accent wasn't even a good one (compared to other Boston accents that I've heard, it was too pronounced in the wrong places).

The only reason Brian, or even last season's Adam, both equally unattractive physically, would get women is if they were rich, and even if so, it would still have to be a woman that is in their league.
I'll have to call bullsh*t on that one.

First of all, Brian was no Quasimodo. We was a decent-looking guy... maybe not Calvin-Kline-underwear-model material, but he wasn't an ugly guy. Now, if you were talking about someone like, say, David Daskal -- the guy with the Jew-fro -- then I might agree with you.

But Brian, despite seeming to be a pretty cool guy, was not "totally cool." His behavior -- not his looks -- are what screwed things up for him. Looks are only the beginning with women. They get you the audition. Then you have to knock her socks off with whatever else is in your arsenal. But what did Brian have in his arsenal? What is Brian really about?

The idea that a woman will only like a guy who is not a "hunk" is if he's rich is false. Not only that, it's a cop-out bullsh*t excuse for guys who are neither great-looking or rich to justify their lack of success with women without having to truly examine their character and personality.

I have a decent job that lets me live comfortably on my own, pay all the bills and still have some money left over for entertainment. But I'm certainly not rich. And let's just say that Abercrombie won't be busting down my door for a photo shoot anytime soon. But I have dated and had relationships with some beautiful women. If I get a promotion and a raise, I'll be more "rich"... and changing my style of dress, getting a different haircut, going on a new fitness program and maybe putting in some contacts will make me better looking, and when I choose to do any of those things, the total package just gets that much better but I don't have to rely on those things. Unlike many people who start with looks and try to build a personality on top of it, I start with a personality and build looks on top of that. And let me tell you -- from what I've seen, my way works better and makes everyone happier.

legolas

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks for starting this thread. I meant to do it myself but didn't get to it. I want to post some thoughts and trends I've noticed. First of all the Bostonian (Brian) told her he loved her before she had made a decision. Bad move!! I think he came accross as desperate for a girlfriend, and if she was given the choice of booting any two guys, he would have left long time ago.

About the Fabio incident, I read an article somewhere that Gil (sp?) could have used Fabio as a scapegot to demonstrate some of his acting abilities since he's an aspiring actor. Then again I commend him for doing it, since I know that Brian would have been like "Oh it doesn't matter sweetheart" In the end she has more respect for the hunk and might love him more for that. He showed that he didn't need her.

I'm noticing in this type of show that the guys who stick around till the end are the ones who keep a mystery about them. They reveal part of themselves but still keep her guessing about their feelings, so the women tend to wonder about them. The other thing is that these guys also keep their neediness in check or have no neediness whatsoever.

Looks matter but not that much. She'll dream about the hunk, but when he has a poor personality he'll get dumped, which was showcased beautifully in this show the first time that all the hunks showed up. They took her to a dance, after winning two out of three games, and then they all told her how beautiful she looked. Or when one of them had all the right moves, but couldn't hold a conversation going for the life of him. And his bachelor pad was a mess. Uhoh :D

Anyway, only my opinion.

becker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have to disagree that Brian was a good looking guy, even though he wasn't as terrible as that David D-ASS-kal guy. Most of the average guys there were definitely below average in looks. Even that one bald guy who was pretty fit had an ugly face, and he made it worse by doing that STUPID thing with shaving his beard that for some reason he thought was cool.

However, Brian cleaned up his act by the end of the show, and he wasn't as dorky by the end because he got rid of that lame-ass haircut he had. It's amazing what clothes and hair can do for a guy.

That one guy Jim with a crooked face was probably one of the better looking guys on the show, but he got bagged because he was just way too boring. I guess that's the situation where looks will not be enough. However, I think that he was an extreme case, because if you're able to hold some conversation with a girl, you are usually in good shape if you look like him, so he must have been drop dead boring.

Girls love to justify themselves with things that make them look better. Basically, if she chooses the better looking guy, it was because he was mysterious, or whatever, and that makes her look less superficial. Both times on this show the hot girl chose the hot guy. Last time was even worse because Adam had better personality than the guy she chose, but again, she somehow b*llsh*tted some ****amaime reason to keep him. That's just the way it is. It doesn't bother me, I'm just telling it like it is.

Giovanni Casanova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well, becker, I'm not going to argue with you over whether or not some guy was good-looking. But I will say that if you think that Brian is ugly, you would also think that I am ugly, because I'm no better-looking than him. And bottom line... I get chicks. Very good-looking women. It's not all looks, and I'm not rich, either.

becker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well, that's tough to say, because I've never seen you, so I certainly can't make that call. All I know is that if you're like a twin brother of Brian, hook nose, bowl cut and all, then I'd have to say, you are quite an ugly bastard ;) j/k

Black Bahindian

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by legolas
About the Fabio incident, I read an article somewhere that Gil (sp?) could have used Fabio as a scapegot to demonstrate some of his acting abilities since he's an aspiring actor.
Heh. That might explain his melodramatic "Put yourself in my shoes" line.

Also, a major problem with Brian was that he laid all of cards out way too early. He showed too much emotion for her and as said before, he displayed her on a very high pedestal. The fact that he said would move out of the city he lived (and I'm assuming) grew up in just for her explained that.

Also, the things he said and did for Rissa, although flattering, probably created thoughts in her mind that he might just be doing this just to get her assurance because he isn't secure enough to do without it, which docked major points from Brian's game.

He just needs more experience dating, and luckily for him, with the way they portrayed him on that show, getting a date won't be much of a problem for him anymore.

By the way, the last part of that episode sucked. I was expecting a more interesting secret, like her being born a man or something.

Genghis Juan

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: becker

becker,

I really do think you should lower your standards in your taste of men. ;)

DEKKA

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
MY THOUGHTS

1. Brain did not have a "good personality" as a few of you have said. I don't consider that puppy dog afc sh!t "good personality".

2. Brain didn't have looks to start with and he didn't back it up with anything so he had no chance anyways unless the show was completely staged (which it probably was).

3. The reason Lorissa kept Brain for so long is not because she saw something in him that attracted her to him more than any of the guys she got rid of to start with. The reason was the same reason women keep guys in "the friends catagory" around for as long as they do. Brain was her emotional tampon. He was a friend type that she kept around out of guilt - not attraction.

4. The thing with Gil and Fabio or whatever, because it appeared not to make any sense, was probably just an excuse to end something that he wanted to end anyway. I got the impression he would have done it regardless of the fabio thing. I mean think about it. Would you rather your present GF have dated street bums or famous people? As insignificant as it may sound, most people would rather have their GF associated with somebody famous because it would say good things about themselves.

becker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: Re: becker

Originally posted by Genghis Juan
becker,

I really do think you should lower your standards in your taste of men. ;)
Yeah, I tend to get a little picky when it comes to that:eek:

I agree that Brian was the emotional tampon. Most of the average joes were. The better looking men were the ones that she was after the whole time, and she was really eliminating ones from there, and the average joes were there to boost her ego. Sad, really. That David Daskall guy is never going to lose his virginity unless he meets up with a girl that is dorkier than he is, which may be pretty difficult.