Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Average prices for apartments in American cities

Adone

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hi everybody, I'd like to know what is the average price of a 1000-1100 square-foot apartment in your city/in some cities you know.

Do it like this:

FLORENCE (ITALY)

BEST AREAS: $ 923K
CITY CENTER: $ 652K
CLOSE TO CITY CENTER: $ 529K
OUTSIDE THE CENTER: $ 380K
HINTERLAND: $ 300K

I'm mostly interested in American cities, but comments from the rest of the world are appreciated too.

Thanks to everybody that will help

Last edited:

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
Do you mean a condo? Most apartments in the US are rented, not bought. It's usually condominiums that you can buy...at least in the areas I've lived in.

Adone

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Wyldfire said:
Do you mean a condo? Most apartments in the US are rented, not bought. It's usually condominiums that you can buy...at least in the areas I've lived in.
Actually, I thought that "condo" was just a trendy name to define an apartment... Like a luxury one:) What's the difference between the 2 terms?

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
Adone said:
Actually, I thought that "condo" was just a trendy name to define an apartment... Like a luxury one:) What's the difference between the 2 terms?
Apartments are units in one building that are all owned by the same person who usually rents them out. Condos are units in one building that people own individually.

The Forms

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Wyldfire said:
Apartments are units in one building that are all owned by the same person who usually rents them out. Condos are units in one building that people own individually.

There are also townhouses. Townhouses are kind of like condos, but different. townhouses are typically 2 stories (at least they are where I live) but differ from condos in that you actually own the walls and the floors and such. When you buy a condo you only own "from the paint in" (I know, it sounds wierd). In other words, you only own the empty space.

When it comes to renting, condos, apartments and townhouses are pretty much the same thing. The differences only have a meaning if you're trying to buy one.

Where I live (nashville, TN,) an apartment can go for 600 USD/month on up to about 1200 usd/month depending on location, amenities, size and the such.

sparky0000

Banned
Reaction score
You can buy apartments in Manhattan for example. In most of the world you "purchase" apartments. You can also "rent" them. Italians don't usually rent. They buy. Florence (Firenze) is much more expensive than what is given. It will take well over $1 Million to get something really nice in the city center. Florence sucks by the way.

Bulgaria, Romania, Lithuania, Estonia, Slovakia, and Poland all offer good value currently. Latvia, Russia, and Ukraine are much more expensive if you are looking for Western style comforts. Problem with all of the above is that the better builders have left for the West. So, the quality of work in the new buildings is lacking. My suggestion is to rent not own. Wait until the region collapses (it will) and then buy on the cheap. If you rent be sure that they throw in some girl that will clean your place. They always try to hide her from me :( .

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
Yep...there are a few places you can buy apartments...including NY, but unless he's got several million dollars there is no way he's getting 1000 sq ft in NYC. :D

Adone

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
sparky0000 said:
You can buy apartments in Manhattan for example. In most of the world you "purchase" apartments. You can also "rent" them. Italians don't usually rent. They buy. Florence (Firenze) is much more expensive than what is given. It will take well over $1 Million to get something really nice in the city center. Florence sucks by the way.

Bulgaria, Romania, Lithuania, Estonia, Slovakia, and Poland all offer good value currently. Latvia, Russia, and Ukraine are much more expensive if you are looking for Western style comforts. Problem with all of the above is that the better builders have left for the West. So, the quality of work in the new buildings is lacking. My suggestion is to rent not own. Wait until the region collapses (it will) and then buy on the cheap. If you rent be sure that they throw in some girl that will clean your place. They always try to hide her from me :( .

Actually, I've found those stats on Pirelli website, so I think they are pretty accurate. I lived in Florence until some months ago and I don't think that it's necessary to have several million dollars in order to get a decent house in the city center. BTW why do you think its sucks? Actually I had a great time over there.

I see you are pretty well informed about Real Estate, so I have a question for you. Why do you think prices are so high in Italy? I mean, Florence is a beautiful city, but I guess most people would rather live in New York, Los Angeles or San Francisco. Then, why are the prices more or less the same as in those cities?

sparky0000

Banned
Reaction score
No, most people would prefer Florence over LA, NYC, or San Francisco. Northern Italy is a very wealthy area. The standard of living in Northern Italy is much higher than in most of America. The south is what brings Italy down. We all know that. That is why guys like Umberto Bossi would probably like to see Northern Italy become its own country.

Florence sucks because it is a tourist trap. A pretty one, but still a tourist trap. Every Western European, American college student, and Japanese tour group shuffles through that town. That area of Italy is also very boring in comparison to a place like Milan. The prices are outrageous in Florence. If you get a nice apartment in the center you often are paying over $1 million for the art work alone (it comes with many places). Toscana is not for the bargain hunter. Blame it on all the cooking shows in America and the UK. Tuscany is like Provence. Both are hyped well beyond what they offer.

Manhattan?? Uh, the average apartment is over $1.2 million.
http://money.cnn.com/2007/04/03/real_estate/Manhattan_housing_market_prices/index.htm

Manhattan is a joke. Unless you are worth $100 million you are a loser. Simple as that. I can't imagine living in a place where I could be worth $30 million and still feel small.

Sofia, Bulgaria...
http://www.biodar.net/bulgaria/Sofia/properties/1443/
How much would a place in this apartment cost you??
MMM....Under $50,000 in a very upscale neighborhood. Plus the girls are 100 times better looking than in Manhattan (and they will love you :flowers: ).
http://www.biodar.net/property_in_bulgaria_Apartment_Sofia_210.html

Males are idiots. You can live a superstar's lifestyle if you are an average Westerner. Yet, most are too busy trying to impress old friends and family to think outside of the box.

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
sparky...I've done my best to refrain from doing this...but you have consistently shown that you really do need a swift kick in the ass...so...

I have yet to ever see a quality man carry on about how much better European women are than American women to the extent that you do. In fact, the guys who rant like that are all the same. They are pathetic social misfits who can't score with women who can support themselves and are free to be picky. Guys like you go to areas where there are many very poor young women who need a meal ticket and never choose a guy because they really want him. They settle for whatever they can get for financial security. It's like those Russian women who come to the US as mail order brides only to cheat on their meal ticket with a hot young stud.

Aside from the well known truths I've just spoken...just by the tone of your posts everyone on this forum can tell that you are full of sh*t up to your eyebrows and it's seeping out your nostrils and ears. You post way too much tooting your own horn to be anywhere near as successful with those poor desperate Eastern European girls looking for a meal ticket as you would have everyone believe.

Yes, American women are a lot harder to impress and we don't need to be taken care of. However...the American men who live right here in the great US of A and have learned to offer more than a meal ticket to women have it all over the likes of you...and then some.

That is all...

Adone

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
sparky0000 said:
No, most people would prefer Florence over LA, NYC, or San Francisco. Northern Italy is a very wealthy area. The standard of living in Northern Italy is much higher than in most of America. The south is what brings Italy down. We all know that. That is why guys like Umberto Bossi would probably like to see Northern Italy become its own country.

Florence sucks because it is a tourist trap. A pretty one, but still a tourist trap. Every Western European, American college student, and Japanese tour group shuffles through that town. That area of Italy is also very boring in comparison to a place like Milan. The prices are outrageous in Florence. If you get a nice apartment in the center you often are paying over $1 million for the art work alone (it comes with many places). Toscana is not for the bargain hunter. Blame it on all the cooking shows in America and the UK. Tuscany is like Provence. Both are hyped well beyond what they offer.

Manhattan?? Uh, the average apartment is over $1.2 million.
http://money.cnn.com/2007/04/03/real_estate/Manhattan_housing_market_prices/index.htm

Manhattan is a joke. Unless you are worth $100 million you are a loser. Simple as that. I can't imagine living in a place where I could be worth $30 million and still feel small.

Sofia, Bulgaria...
http://www.biodar.net/bulgaria/Sofia/properties/1443/
How much would a place in this apartment cost you??
MMM....Under $50,000 in a very upscale neighborhood. Plus the girls are 100 times better looking than in Manhattan (and they will love you :flowers: ).
http://www.biodar.net/property_in_bulgaria_Apartment_Sofia_210.html

Males are idiots. You can live a superstar's lifestyle if you are an average Westerner. Yet, most are too busy trying to impress old friends and family to think outside of the box.

Wyldfire: I think your posts are usually great, but this time you overpassed the limit. You can think whatever you want about sparky, but you should have told him with a PM, not insulting him in front of other people that probably (like me) have a completely different opinion about this guy.

Anyway, back on topic (if you wanna talk to each other, please use PMs): your post is really interesting, sparky.

1. Actually Florence is not in Northern Italy, more on the Central part, a hundred mile or so above Rome, but I guess you meant from Tuscany above when saying North. I know it's pretty wealthy over here (right now I'm living in a "proper" Northern town [the same town where Maserati, Ferrari & Lamborghini were founded...] and everyone looks worth a million dollar), but more than most of America?? Maybe it's richer than your rural areas, but I don't think that Milan, Genoa, Turin or Venice are any wealthier than NYC, LA, Boston or even Miami. Maybe the difference is that everyone here is more or less wealthy, while in America there's a larger difference, meaning lots of rich people, but also lots of really poor people, which in Northern Italy most likely don't even exist.

2. Take into account that Florence is not even the city with bigger costs (even excluding Rome, Milan and Venice): the city where I was born (which is in the "poor part" of Italy, so prices should be lower) has housing costs so high that NOBODY buys in the city center and a really few people have the money to buy in the city, even far from the center. EVERYONE I know moved to the suburbs when leaving home. And I'm talking about a city which has 160K inhabitants, most of which are poor guys. I don't know why the situation is like this in Italy, have you got any ideas!?

3. When I lived in Florence, I didn't pay that much for the rent, I remember: it was around 1300K a month and it was a 1200 SQ.FOOT apartment with a small backyard. The price was fixed 7 years ago, though, so it could be higher nowadays.

4. I know about Bulgaria, since I will be studying there next year:) By the way, since I will be in Varna (a touristic city on the Black Sea coast), what do you think will be the median rent of a 2-br and 1 living room apartment in the city center? I would love to live with a friend and have a big living room where to throw parties, I hope it won't exceed my budget.

Reaction score
Wyldfire said:
I have yet to ever see a quality man carry on about how much better European women are than American women to the extent that you do. I.
It is not just European women who are better but EVERY woman who has not been infected and infested by the American Hor culture is better!!! Americans women are sloppy uncouth masculine hors - doesn't take much to be better!