Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Attractive bartender knocked my drink over

GreatHornedOwl

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I was utterly appalled at the lack of common decency this woman showed after she bumped into me, sending my Martini flying into the air, and onto the ground before staining my Calvin Klein boots in the process. She walked right past, seeming unaware or completely ambivalent to the fact that $8 of my money was now spilt on the floor. She made no attempt to rectify the situation by offering to compensate the next round. I stood there bewildered, not quite sure what to think. I made no reprisal, and kept a level head even though steam was practically coming out of my ears.

I went to a different bartender and explained the situation verbatim to her, and that if that's how clientele is treated, I would be taking my patronage to a different establishment. To my surprise, she took a rather defensive position (which I should have seen coming) and I could gauge that she wasn't really about to get involved. I told her the circumstances weren't necessarily indicative of her actions, but she is a representative of the company and that employee misconduct reflects negatively on her behalf and the proprietor. Shortly thereafter I had a big bouncer standing over my shoulder ready to whisk me out of the joint. I proceeded to close my tab and left no gratuity as my self-respect had been violated.

It must have been teenybopper night because the entire place was riddled with guys wearing Affliction t-shirts and sweater vests with their dress shirts visibly showing underneath. I guess they're going for the "My parents put me through college" look. I should have garnered more female attention, as I was sporting a tailored fit Dolce and Gabbana sportcoat with a nice pair of True Religion jeans.

The perpetual audacity and air of superiority these women have is what fuels the misogynistic viewpoints which they pass off as male chauvinism. I left undaunted, and headed to a different spot across town with a sour taste left in my mouth, that slowly dissipated as the evening progressed. Gentlemen, you have to safeguard your integrity and not let someone else's faulty moral compass damper your night out on the town.

Victory Unlimited

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree. The best revenge is living well and enjoying your evening------despite what idiocy you run into. Within "reason" of course.

I'm in the Mood

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So what? Did she actually see what happened? She probably had other things on her mind if she didn't notice. I think the best way you could have handled this situation is to have stepped up to her and explained that she knocked over your drink and you'd like a new one. You didn't do all you could do to right the situation, so I believe in that position there's no point in crying over spilled martini. The time to get mad is if she disrespects you after you gave her the benefit of the doubt, because then she has no excuse.

JonJaper

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm in the Mood said:
So what? Did she actually see what happened? She probably had other things on her mind if she didn't notice. I think the best way you could have handled this situation is to have stepped up to her and explained that she knocked over your drink and you'd like a new one. You didn't do all you could do to right the situation, so I believe in that position there's no point in crying over spilled martini. The time to get mad is if she disrespects you after you gave her the benefit of the doubt, because then she has no excuse.
This.

There was no reason why you couldn't have gone up to the bartender and said "Excuse me, you just knocked over my drink". No point getting butthurt.

GreatHornedOwl

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Guys, let's not spin this back on me. I'm the victim here. I was having a terrific evening, carousing with my co-workers when some arrogant, self-aggrandizing blonde bimbo dumped my drink. This woman was not inebriated, or under the influence of some controlled substance that loosened her inhibitions to the point it impaired her motoring skills. I'm willing to go out on a limb and say this was borderline intentional. Mind you, as I mentioned, she was the barkeep. Such rude and unpolished behavior from staff is inexcusable. This particular bar has a Facebook page and I'm debating rehashing the accounts of that evening for all to see. Word of mouth spreads faster than wildfire, and they would have the arduous task of doing damage control on their own page. I know the name of offender, the time of the incident and the bouncer would most certainly remember me. So this isn't something they can just pass off and sweep under the rug.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
As ESPN says, "C'mon, man."

You need to lighten up, and if you want to grow as a person, maybe you should look inward and ask yourself why you're so angry over something so small. Why does it matter that the bartender was "attractive?" Would it matter as much if she were fat and ugly?

You're angry because you feel like that bartender is the type of girl whom you don't have a chance with. It's not about the drink. It's about you having anger at seemingly unobtainable women.

GreatHornedOwl

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
You're really out of your element on this one, BB. I appreciate the quasi psychiatric analysis, but my contempt stems from a disparaging chance encounter with a bartender who happens, yes, to be attractive. Your mistaken in assuming it has anything to do with her potential attainability. I sincerely hope you're not trying to justify her behavior and deny she was culpable for such an immature display of public brazenness.

Mr.Positive

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sounds like she might not have even realized she knocked over your drink. When something like that happens, you have one of two choices...say something immediately or let it go. If you say something, show her the spill drink, and give her a chance to fix the situation. You have to do that as soon as it happens though.

You can't wait and stew on it, and say something to a different bartender about it. They are going to think you just want a free drink.

Personally, I would probably just let it go. **** happens sometimes, there's no point in getting upset over a little accident.

dereklovesugly

Don Juan
Reaction score
You sound like a pretentious douchebag right now. Nobody here cares what you were wearing and how it compared to what everyone else was wearing. You should've confronted the person who spilled your drink, explained what happened to her and seen what happened from there. She probably didn't mean to disrespect you but was too busy to notice she spilled your drink. I'd be willing to bet you went to the other bartender and said something along the lines of "excuse me madam, but a coworker of yours in this vile establishment collided into me burdgeoning my drink onto my 200 dollar calvin klein boots. I would be rather unsatisfied if you didn't rectify this situation immediately blah blah blah." You seem to think you're high class so you must've realized you weren't around your buddies at the yacht club and should've realized the way you talk sounds like you're talking down to us "common folk"

dereklovesugly

Don Juan
Reaction score
Ps, I want to slap you in the face Richie Rich. You sound like a 2nd generation born into money rich snob. If that describes you, then you are the worst kind of person I've ever met. Show some respect to a woman who is bartending and trying to make a little money and confront her to her face, instead of going behind her back.

evansblue

Banned
Reaction score
dereklovesugly said:
I'd be willing to bet you went to the other bartender and said something along the lines of "excuse me madam, but a coworker of yours in this vile establishment collided into me burdgeoning my drink onto my 200 dollar calvin klein boots. I would be rather unsatisfied if you didn't rectify this situation immediately blah blah blah." You seem to think you're high class so you must've realized you weren't around your buddies at the yacht club and should've realized the way you talk sounds like you're talking down to us "common folk"

:crackup: :crackup: :crackup: I don't think I've ever laughed so hard.

dereklovesugly

Don Juan
Reaction score
Am I right or am I right? I do think I was a tad too judgmental and harsh on my 2nd post, but that's just the way this guy comes off to me.

GreatHornedOwl

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
dereklovesugly said:
Ps, I want to slap you in the face Richie Rich. You sound like a 2nd generation born into money rich snob. If that describes you, then you are the worst kind of person I've ever met. Show some respect to a woman who is bartending and trying to make a little money and confront her to her face, instead of going behind her back.
For the record, I don't have any trust fund set up in my name, if that's what you're insinuating. Your ignorance knows no boundaries. My ivy league education was paid for by something called a scholarship, something you've probably never heard of. In other words, my 2400 SAT's ensured my academics were of the highest priority to Harvard, where I majored in economics with a minor in physics. It's unfortunate you feel intimidated by someone who's been productive with their life and enjoyed some of the fruits and luxuries that are rewarded with hard work, dedication and a willingness to broaden their horizons to climb the corporate ladder.

Instead of being resentful and bitter, I suggest you look at your own inner inflections, and avert your animosity to the root of your poor decisions, which will reveal your shortcomings. No need to rain on my parade because I've taken the necessary steps to solidify my financial stability as if it's something I should be ashamed of. This is a key contributing factor to the current economic crises we've been dealing with. There's a big gap in educational differences, with certain group of people feeling entitled to the distribution of the wealth. In regards to Freddie Mac and AIG - guess what? If you're making $30k a year, you can't afford to takeout a loan on a $300k house. This all goes back to the poor decision making I was speaking of.

I went off on a tangent, but people like you are so bleak and clueless you need a dose of reality on what's happening in the real world.

dereklovesugly

Don Juan
Reaction score
Lol. Like I said, I was a tad harsh on my second response. I accept your rebuttal, although I think it was a bit out of spite, which furthemore proves your insecurity (which relates to the spilled drink incident quite a bit). A real man wouldn't need to come back at someone on message board. You failed my friend. On a side note, good for you for working hard to become something your proud of. I semi-misjudged you. I hope all those material things make your life wondeful!

ArcBound

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
He either made this thread as a joke or is trolling. Look at his past posts. Nowhere does he talk like that or with that vocabulary.

People on sosuave need to stop being so uptight and realize a dude is trolling, then laugh and move on with their lives. Or just ignore them. Every serious post you make just feeds the troll and makes you look stupid.

I can't believe I even have to point this out..

evansblue

Banned
Reaction score
It was articulated very well, which disguised it. I have to tip my hat. Brilliant troll post.

Gaucho

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
GreatHornedOwl said:
I'm the victim here. .
I don't think I've ever heard somebody call themselves a 'victim' because their 8 buck drink was spilled.