Attraction is NOT a choice

Alittude

Don Juan
Reaction score
Dude you have to be confident if you are an alpha male.

She makes you weak in the knees.

But she won't give you the time of day.

Here is how to get her.

SharinganUser

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't doubt that getting women involves opperating out of the reptilian brain (embracing my "maleness"), but I don't think it wise to not put the more evolved parts of the mind to work.

If all it took to get women, was to just be a man, then there would be absolutely no need to evolve.

md3sign

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
SharinganUser said:
I don't doubt that getting women involves opperating out of the reptilian brain (embracing my "maleness"), but I don't think it wise to not put the more evolved parts of the mind to work.

If all it took to get women, was to just be a man, then there would be absolutely no need to evolve.
What does evolution have to do with getting chicks? Cavemen got just as much tail (probably more so) than most guys do nowadays.

Besides evolution is completely relative - it's a way to progress so you don't fall behind everything else.

thesynergist

Don Juan
Reaction score
KarmaSutra said:
Holy-fvcking-sh!t Batman! ANOTHER Deangelo clone!

why not just copy and paste the entire e-book?
LOL!!!! i was just about to call im' on it- looked through the post to see if it had already been done and there's KarmaSutra on the case.

seriously. how can you come to a PUA forum and post direct quotes from MPUA's publications without giving them a lick of credit?

persiangino

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
thesynergist said:
LOL!!!! i was just about to call im' on it- looked through the post to see if it had already been done and there's KarmaSutra on the case.

seriously. how can you come to a PUA forum and post direct quotes from MPUA's publications without giving them a lick of credit?

Yea it's really funny isn't it. I think so too. How the same guys get laid over and over and over again and then the rest are stuck with 'girlfriends'.
Forget i ever created this thread :rolleyes:

God_of_getting_layed

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Persiangino

1. Our emotions are involuntary responses, lust is an involuntary response for example. So there is truth DD's statement that "attraction is not a choice".

2. However, you and DD are waaaaaayyyyy wrong when you say all you need is "alphaness" and to "be a man" to get chicks, and all other things dont matter much. This is not in agreement with the many everyday observations. You need scientific evidence to back this off the wall claim up. And Double your dating is not scientific evidence by the way.

on a side note. Im really sick of people making threads with claims and stating them as fact with zero scientific evidence to back them up. Its really annoying. "women are creatures of emotion, men are creatures of logic", "men act on logic, women act on emotion", "women are attracted to alphaness", "attraction is biological, but our awarness is logical" <--wtf?...blah blah

penkitten

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i believe that all people have some sort of intuition when it comes to who they find attractive. i dont believe it is a choice, because there have been alot of guys that were good looking and had great things going for them, that i was not attracked to no matter how much i wanted to be. (the ones that ask you out and you go out once and its just not what you want or who you want or where you want to be.)
i think that we were designed to notice certain people, that were put in our paths for dozens of reasons. things may not work out with them, however we generally learn something in the process.
i think thats why so many people talk about soul mates or fate.
i dont believe that people end up happily ever after with who they think their soul mate is, however i do believe fate can draw you to someone for a chance meeting.
after that, its up to you to choose to act on your attraction, or resist it.

not everyone is attracted to the same sorts of folks as the next person. it would be silly to think that.

i think that generally everyone wants to be attracted to someone who is assertive and confident. those are great qualities to have.

Babnik

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
penkitten said:
i believe that all people have some sort of intuition when it comes to who they find attractive. i dont believe it is a choice, because there have been alot of guys that were good looking and had great things going for them, that i was not attracked to no matter how much i wanted to be. (the ones that ask you out and you go out once and its just not what you want or who you want or where you want to be.)
i think that we were designed to notice certain people, that were put in our paths for dozens of reasons. things may not work out with them, however we generally learn something in the process.
i think thats why so many people talk about soul mates or fate.
i dont believe that people end up happily ever after with who they think their soul mate is, however i do believe fate can draw you to someone for a chance meeting.
after that, its up to you to choose to act on your attraction, or resist it.

not everyone is attracted to the same sorts of folks as the next person. it would be silly to think that.

i think that generally everyone wants to be attracted to someone who is assertive and confident. those are great qualities to have.

Thats because those dates were not exciting and guys were mostly nice instead of showing you a good time?

persiangino

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
God_of_getting_layed said:
Persiangino

1. Our emotions are involuntary responses, lust is an involuntary response for example. So there is truth DD's statement that "attraction is not a choice".

2. However, you and DD are waaaaaayyyyy wrong when you say all you need is "alphaness" and to "be a man" to get chicks, and all other things dont matter much. This is not in agreement with the many everyday observations. You need scientific evidence to back this off the wall claim up. And Double your dating is not scientific evidence by the way.

on a side note. Im really sick of people making threads with claims and stating them as fact with zero scientific evidence to back them up. Its really annoying. "women are creatures of emotion, men are creatures of logic", "men act on logic, women act on emotion", "women are attracted to alphaness", "attraction is biological, but our awarness is logical" <--wtf?...blah blah

Of course all you need is alphaness, duh! When you live life consciously like an alpha you realize that having style, a nice body, good posture/body language, being dominant, attaining wealth and power are all valuable assets to attract the opposite sex. Basically, as an alpha, you need to improve every part of your role on you side of the polarity to be dominant and a provider. If you're facially appealing, all the better, but that is not a necessary criteria to attract HBs. These are the men feminine/hot girls instantly LUST for.

Distant Light

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This is real sad...one of the oldest quotes, people are trying to interpret.

"Attraction is Not a choice" is 100% true or else we wouldn't have great success doing Pickup.

This doesn't apply to men because men are attracted to mainly looks. So if you seen a good you either would or wouldn't fuvk her. For a girl its different, they focus mainly on personality. If a girl found you good looking she would feel sexual aggresive, but when you emotionally (Personality) get her attracted, you create emotional attraction and from your touch end up getting her sexually aggressive.

The whole meaning has to do with getting attraction. A girl can't say to herself "I'm not going to be attracted to him." because it won't work. Your causing an emotion which is attraction, as a result she likes you. This is why one minute she could be attracted and the next minute you lose her. Or one minute your kiss gets rejected and the next minute she kisses you.

All this is pretty basic Pickup female psychology. It's really sad to see people don't even know this after being here for a while now. Stop worrying so much about the DJ bible and actual learn how to pickup.

You will never be able to pickup every girl due to many variables, (Logisitcs, flakes, etc) but if you keep practicing and get good at this you will be able to go out and have great interactions with every girl. (Maybe some kisses, BJs, HJs, etc) But you won't lay every single one of them. It still helps longterm and will make you a better person.

Duke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
omg, half of you guys are missing the point. He is talking about masculine polarity. And yes, it works. Read Pook's "Be A Man" and he says the exact same thing in a different way.

Peace.

God_of_getting_layed

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
persiangino said:
Of course all you need is alphaness, duh! When you live life consciously like an alpha you realize that having style, a nice body, good posture/body language, being dominant, attaining wealth and power are all valuable assets to attract the opposite sex. Basically, as an alpha, you need to improve every part of your role on you side of the polarity to be dominant and a provider. If you're facially appealing, all the better, but that is not a necessary criteria to attract HBs. These are the men feminine/hot girls instantly LUST for.
You seem so confident that you are right. If you are so right then you should have absolutely no problem posting som scientific evidence to back up your belief. so, wheres your evidence? ;)

God_of_getting_layed

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Duke said:
omg, half of you guys are missing the point. He is talking about masculine polarity. And yes, it works. Read Pook's "Be A Man" and he says the exact same thing in a different way.

Peace.
again, wheres the scientific evidence? pooks word is not scientific evidence. If you think you are so right about this, youll have no problem showing the evidence :)

yake

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hm. A lot of people on this board seem to think that girls somehow don't care what guys look like. I think this is because many people don't think they are attractive visually, and can't live with the fact that women care about looks. And by looks I mean the body and the face. There are many reasons why i draw this conclusion. One is that there has been at least one study showing women pictures of men with no other information about them besides their paycheck. The women consistently chose the guys that had a medium income.
Also, once in a while you'll hear an honest girl say something like "That guy looks really hot, he has a hot ass, a really handsome face, great eyes" something like that. Also, I have a friend who has consistently had success with women. He is skinny as ****, which is why he only gets rather skinny girls. But, according to girls, he has a very handsome face, which is why he gets girls with pretty faces. On the other hand, a guy with an equally handsome face but a lot more muscles just stole his last girlfriend.
But lets not neglect money, status and behaviour. Some girls will go for guys with lots of money even though they are not attracted to him. Some girls like a bad boy or a guy with high status because of safety and fun, even though they are not attracted to him.
You also need attractive, masculine behaviour to optimize your chances with girls. You also need confidence because you may have to play the numbers game until you find a girl that is attracted to you. Confidence is also often a requirement because many girls may be wildly attracted to you, but be so passive that they just wont make a move, even if you are on a date with them already.
Of course the most important thing is KINO.
This is all from my (very limited) experience and the experience of my friends and other people I know.

KoalaKing

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't agree with this, -one-, I am a physically fit and strong outgoing bold and reasonably good looking 39 year old guy, many hot babes are strongly attracted to me, though many of them are not, how do you explain this, some say I'm a hunk, or I'm hot, yet others say I'm nothing special and don't pay any attention to me at all, and, -two-, Many guys are attracted to the more outgoing successful highly educated strong willed hot businesswoman babes, yet many others do prefer the more feminine shy and quiet sweet hot babes as you stated, but not all guys do. :nono:

persiangino

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
God_of_getting_layed said:
You seem so confident that you are right. If you are so right then you should have absolutely no problem posting som scientific evidence to back up your belief. so, wheres your evidence? ;)
LOL, you won't give up do you ;) You want evidence? Go watch any soap opera show, read any 'romance' novel, go to women's chatrooms. Read on your sociobiology and evolutionary biology and see why female chimpanzees literally offer up their ***** when a alpha chimp approaches them. Women have the same instinctive drive as we do. When a TRUE heterosexual male identifies a feminine female they get excited and the same is true vise versa. This is not to say that physical attractiveness, money, etc. aren't important. Conscious, smart alphas will also fulfill these requirements. Dumb, dominant alphas usually end up in jail or turn to the crime life. I mean it's not a hard concept? Be a real man with no sissy emotions, good posture, control of BL, etc. This is hard for you to understand because there are only a few genetically inclined alphas. The purpose of this thread is to tell kids to EMULATE these alphas as best they can because these are the males women LUST for, and don't know why. If you are in college go to a party or club and watch for *****es that seem to hover around that one dude and glance at and breach space. Again it helps if you are conscious of your surroundings at all times.

Fortunate_Juan

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
rakishness said:
I have read something similiar to this before. But it doesn't explain why many women date feminine PRETTY BOYS.

Because they are "in style". Society says "this is how guys should act and dress" so girls think they want that. Feminine pretty boys are the equivelant of a stylish handbag/shoes.

Victory Unlimited

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yo Troops!

I'm kind of on the fence about the whole attraction NOT being a choice thing. But what I DO believe is that the choice is being made on a SUBCONCIOUS LEVEL. And having said that, I think there's a hell of a lot a guy can do to boost his chances by preparing himself as the package that the majority of women would want to "unwrap".

Here's the thread I created to illustrate my point:

Ammunition for Attraction:
http://www.sosuave.net/forum/showthread.php?t=104429

Having said that, I AM convince we should be doing more to make OURSELVES more attractive overall, rather than worrying about how to attract PARTICULAR women.

Peace...one day.

tr0ublemaker

Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't really do things in my everyday life that require me to flaunt my manhood or conform to a stereotypical gender identity.

Hell, you have a penis. She doesn't. Don't be a carbon copy ******* just to prove that.

And not everything's so black and white like you guys paint it to be. Feminine and masculine really aren't the only two ways a guy can be, either.

md3sign

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
tr0ublemaker said:
Feminine and masculine really aren't the only two ways a guy can be, either.
Yes you can be androgenous, which sadly is what most guys are.