Attention wh*res: Pardon me, but I need to let loose for a sec.

SoCalMike

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
edger said:
What makes you think I have approach anxiety? Lol. Where you getting this? All I'm saying, is that, I don't approach women when they're out with guys, .
Agreed. Who does this? lol

Edger, one thing you will learn about this board is that 90% of the guys here are just theorizing. Either that, or they actually do stupid things like walk up to a girl when she's with two dudes - then get crappy results which they just chalk up to "experience" or "working on their game".

If some random dude approached my group just because there were some girls there, everyone would think he's a freak, and some of us would probably want to kick his ass for butting in to our conversation.

If I'm interested in a girl who's with guys already, I watch how she acts around them. If they look like they're just friends, I'll approach her when she walks away from them for a moment, either to dance, hit the bar, whatever. If she's all over one of them, I look elsewhere.

Common sense - instinct. These should guide you more than the babble of theorists.

SoCalMike

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Vulpine is a smart guy. The waving over thing *could* work given the right facial expressions.

But still, I agree with others that it's an inferior technique. The woman wants to be pursued, you waving her over isn't pursuing her.

I would have started dancing next to her, see how she responds. If the results were good, then you pull her off the dancefloor after a while. If the results were not good you move on to someone else.

Or better yet, not try and pick up girls at nightclubs. ;)

Tazman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I know everyone has addressed the "waving" but I feel the need to give some input also.

Not that it would never work, but you have to remember that you're dealing with someone who has an ego just like you. If you want a chick to respond to your waving her over she has to believe that you have THAT kind of pull. If she sees you as an average joe she's not going to respond positively to that kind of approach.

They already do everything they can to avoid having to approach guys because they believe it lessens their value, unless they're drunk and/or consider you to be the next best thing since sliced bread they aren't just going to come walking over to you like a good little pet. It becomes a test of wills and since they often don't need to approach guys they will win this test almost every time.

STR8UP

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
SoCalMike said:
Agreed. Who does this? lol

Edger, one thing you will learn about this board is that 90% of the guys here are just theorizing. Either that, or they actually do stupid things like walk up to a girl when she's with two dudes - then get crappy results which they just chalk up to "experience" or "working on their game".
Let me guess. You are one of the 10%, right?

I know it can work, not because I do it myself, but because I have seen it done before.

People are SOCIAL creatures, and as such, if you are social with them without a blatant ulterior motive, you can make friends with many different people.

So what you are saying is that if there are two guys and a girl sitting at a table close to the bar, you have to avoid making a comment to any of them about the game that is on tv JUST BECAUSE there is a female present? But it's ok if it's three dudes, right?

I'm not a turtle, but I'm not a social butterfly myself. I tend not to strike up conversations with random people very often. But I have witnessed guys who are natural conversationalists work their way into a mixed group easily by befriending one of the guys. Go straight for the chick, you'll likely get shot down. Meet one of the guys first, get "social proof" working for you, then you can easily determine the status of your target through conversation once you are part of the group.

You aren't doing yourself any favors by saying "can't can't can't".

SoCalMike

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
STR8UP said:
Let me guess. You are one of the 10%, right?

I know it can work, not because I do it myself, but because I have seen it done before.

People are SOCIAL creatures, and as such, if you are social with them without a blatant ulterior motive, you can make friends with many different people.

So what you are saying is that if there are two guys and a girl sitting at a table close to the bar, you have to avoid making a comment to any of them about the game that is on tv JUST BECAUSE there is a female present? But it's ok if it's three dudes, right?

I'm not a turtle, but I'm not a social butterfly myself. I tend not to strike up conversations with random people very often. But I have witnessed guys who are natural conversationalists work their way into a mixed group easily by befriending one of the guys. Go straight for the chick, you'll likely get shot down. Meet one of the guys first, get "social proof" working for you, then you can easily determine the status of your target through conversation once you are part of the group.

You aren't doing yourself any favors by saying "can't can't can't".
If you're next to the group already, and the atmosphere is right, it could work.

If you walk up out of nowhere it would look insane.

The implication in the original post was walk up out of nowhere and start talking to the girl while she's with guys. That will NOT work.

I guess you could say I'm one of the 10%, in that I'm not a theorizer like 90% of the guys on here.

I'm not saying "can't can't can't" I'm just not telling the guy to do stupid things which probably won't work. I have offered suggestions that are much more likely to work in case you haven't noticed.