Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Attention Single Fathers!

TheLadiesMan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm going to get Shared Parenting as appointed through the courts.
I plan on submitting my Shared Parenting Plan that details everything from having Equal & Legal Rights to my son, all the way to 'Who's Picking Up / Dropping Off'.

So a long with this, I would like to ask all the single fathers out there...

If you, as a single father, could add to this proposal, with your child's best interest in mind... what would it be?
What would you request/suggest to add to this proposal of Shared Parenting?
I've already got my plan laid out, here's your turn to add to it, and enjoy a moral victory with me, as a single father!

Thanks again! ..to all my DJ friends who have helped me through the ups and downs of this fight over the last 5 years. Who says this place can't help?! In fact, it's the only place that has!

Thanks to the Ohio Court System! Thanks to my ex-gf's attorney (who saw a father that just wanted to be more a part of his own child's life.) Thanks to my Bro, who has been there with me every step of the way, thank you for watching my back.

Thank you God! ..for answering not just my prayers, but my son's. Thank you!

I went into that court room without an attorney, faced her attorney, and won! ..with nothing more than the love for my son.

Just goes to show you that "..In God" anything is possible.

:)

penkitten

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i am so happy that you won.
i think it would be good to put in their that your child should be allowed to have at least one daily phone call during reasonable hours to the other parent.
that way you can ask him everyday how school was, how he is and say good night to him and that she can do the same with this better shared parenting time.
plus , i thought i read on a previous thread that she lets him call you, except when she is mad and then she doesnt let him. i dont want to see you be denied to speak to him .

grinder

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I won full custody of my boys some time ago and I'm reading my divorce papers now.You need to have insurance, which holidays for whom, exact visitation times, and, of course, support. Inheritance, property, who the school contacts, babysitters, emergency contacts and stuff like that have come up over the last few years.

A clause to have them not subjected to illegal or immoral activities is important as well.

TheLadiesMan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
"A clause to have them not subjected to illegal or immoral activities is important as well."

Please explain more about this, grinder.

grinder

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm quoting straight out of my divorce decree for visitation. It's a protection for both to protect the kids from this behavior and allow for either to take legal action to protect the kids should they be exposed to this behavior.

grinder

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Desdinova said:
I think he's talking about exposing the child(ren) to pedophiles, drug addicts, arsonists, etc. The child shouldn't be exposed to any of that 5hit.
Yes, this and other things that could be harmful to the kids. It's purposefully written to be vague to allow for flexibility and interpretation. A visiting BF that smokes pot is a one example. However, if you have full physical custody, as I do, you don't need an excuse to limit contact. You can just do it and she has to go to court to change it.

WaterTiger

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:
That's wonderful!!!!!!

I'm very, very happy about the good news!

TheLadiesMan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Desdinova said:
I think he's talking about exposing the child(ren) to pedophiles, drug addicts, arsonists, etc. The child shouldn't be exposed to any of that 5hit.
Yes!... that will definitely be going in the Shared Parenting proposal.

TheLadiesMan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
grinder said:
Yes, this and other things that could be harmful to the kids. It's purposefully written to be vague to allow for flexibility and interpretation. A visiting BF that smokes pot is a one example. However, if you have full physical custody, as I do, you don't need an excuse to limit contact. You can just do it and she has to go to court to change it.
Thank you so much grinder! That's going in there. I had something similar, more along the lines of "No one drives my son under the influence of any illegal drugs, or alcohol."

Wording it is important... please advise on the best way to phrase this so there's no doubt what the intent here is.

..and thank you grinder.

TheLadiesMan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
penkitten said:
i am so happy that you won.
i think it would be good to put in their that your child should be allowed to have at least one daily phone call during reasonable hours to the other parent.
that way you can ask him everyday how school was, how he is and say good night to him and that she can do the same with this better shared parenting time.
plus , i thought i read on a previous thread that she lets him call you, except when she is mad and then she doesnt let him. i dont want to see you be denied to speak to him .

Thank you penkitten. :)

grinder

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Here's a direct quote....

"Neither party shall expose their children to any illegal or immoral activities."

sodbuster

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Get holidays nailed down,rights to take him for a vacation for a week or so, etc. Then you can have real time with your son-fishing in Canada,etc.

TheLadiesMan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Here's my Shared Parenting Plan....

1. Responsibilities and Decision-Making

We each have a heartfelt and legal responsibility to provide for the physical and emotional needs of our child/ren. When our child/ren are scheduled to be with father, father is the ON-DUTY parent. When our child/ren are scheduled to be with mother, mother is the ON-DUTY parent. We agree that the ON-DUTY parent will make decisions about the day-to-day care and control of our child/ren. Neither of us shall schedule activities for our child/ren during the time the other parent is ON-DUTY without prior agreement of the ON-DUTY parent.

We care about the well-being of our child/ren. We realize we both are very important to our child/ren and they need each of us as an active parent throughout their lives. We respect each parent's separate role with our child/ren and we support each other as fit and proper parents. We will give our child/ren permission to love, and be proud of, the other parent. We shall put our child/ren's needs first in planning their living arrangements. We expect each child is an individual and may have different needs and that their needs will change as they grow older.

2. Residential Schedule

We shall follow this specific *schedule so our child/ren know what will be happening to them and when they will be with each other and with each parent.

* Our child/ren shall have a home base with /X/mother /_/ father and have regular contact with the other parent as listed here (list days, evenings, overnights, and times):

Mother shall be ON-DUTY and our child/ren will be with mother as follows:

Alternating complete weeks.

Father shall be ON-DUTY and our child/ren will be with father as follows:

TheLadiesMan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
3. Summer Residential Schedule -- if different than residential schedule above

* During the SUMMER, our child/ren shall have a home base with /_/mother /X/father and have regular contact with the other parent as listed here (list days, overnights, and times):

Mother shall be ON-DUTY and our child/ren will be with mother as follows:

Father shall be ON-DUTY and our child/ren will be with father as follows:

TheLadiesMan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
4. Holiday Schedule

During the holidays, the holiday schedule shall be followed instead of the residential schedule for our child/ren older than ___0__ years.

On PRESIDENT'S DAY, MEMORIAL DAY, AND LABOR DAY WEEKENDS our child/ren shall remain with the parent they are normally scheduled to be with that weekend through Monday at 7:00 p.m.

Our child/ren shall spend Monday through Friday during SPRING BREAK with father in /_/odd /X/even numbered years and with mother in /X/odd /_/even numbered years.

Our child/ren shall spend EASTER SUNDAY with father in /_/odd /X/even numbered years and with mother in /X/odd /_/even numbered years.

Our child/ren shall spend MOTHER'S DAY with mother and FATHER'S DAY with father each year.

Our child/ren shall spend JULY 4th overnight to July 5th with father in /_/odd /X/even numbered years and with mother in /X/odd /_/even numbered years.

Our children shall spend HALLOWEEN until 9:00 p.m. with father in /_/odd /X/even numbered years and with mother in /X/odd /_/even numbered years.

Our child/ren shall spend THANKSGIVING from Wednesday after school until Sunday at 7:00 p.m. with father in /_/odd /X/even numbered years and with mother in /X/odd /_/even numbered years. (If this Thanksgiving holiday schedule results in our child/ren scheduled to be with the same parent for 3 weekends in a row our children shall spend the weekend following Thanksgiving with the other parent so our child/ren end up spending 2 weekends in a row with each parent.)

* Our child/ren shall celebrate CHRISTMAS on December 24 from 9:00 a.m. until 9:00 p.m. with father in /_/odd /X/even numbered years and with mother in /X/odd /_/even numbered years and be with the other parent from 9:00 p.m. on December 24 until 9:00 p.m. on December 25.

When any of our child/ren are school age, (do not check both of the following options):

* our child/ren shall spend CHRISTMAS BREAK from when they are released from school on the last school day before December 25 until 7:00 p.m. the evening before they return to school with father in /_/odd /_/even numbered years and with mother in /_/odd /_/even numbered years.

OR

* our children shall spend CHRISTMAS BREAK with each parent each year as follows: They shall be with father in /_/odd /X/even numbered years and with mother in /X/odd /_/even numbered years from the time they are released from school on the last school day before December 25 until 7:00 p.m. on December 26 and the remainder of Christmas Break until the evening before they return to school at 7:00 p.m. with the other parent

TheLadiesMan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
4. Holiday Schedule

During the holidays, the holiday schedule shall be followed instead of the residential schedule for our child/ren older than ___0__ years.

On PRESIDENT'S DAY, MEMORIAL DAY, AND LABOR DAY WEEKENDS our child/ren shall remain with the parent they are normally scheduled to be with that weekend through Monday at 7:00 p.m.

Our child/ren shall spend Monday through Friday during SPRING BREAK with father in /_/odd /X/even numbered years and with mother in /X/odd /_/even numbered years.

Our child/ren shall spend EASTER SUNDAY with father in /_/odd /X/even numbered years and with mother in /X/odd /_/even numbered years.

Our child/ren shall spend MOTHER'S DAY with mother and FATHER'S DAY with father each year.

Our child/ren shall spend JULY 4th overnight to July 5th with father in /_/odd /X/even numbered years and with mother in /X/odd /_/even numbered years.

Our children shall spend HALLOWEEN until 9:00 p.m. with father in /_/odd /X/even numbered years and with mother in /X/odd /_/even numbered years.

Our child/ren shall spend THANKSGIVING from Wednesday after school until Sunday at 7:00 p.m. with father in /_/odd /X/even numbered years and with mother in /X/odd /_/even numbered years. (If this Thanksgiving holiday schedule results in our child/ren scheduled to be with the same parent for 3 weekends in a row our children shall spend the weekend following Thanksgiving with the other parent so our child/ren end up spending 2 weekends in a row with each parent.)

* Our child/ren shall celebrate CHRISTMAS on December 24 from 9:00 a.m. until 9:00 p.m. with father in /_/odd /X/even numbered years and with mother in /X/odd /_/even numbered years and be with the other parent from 9:00 p.m. on December 24 until 9:00 p.m. on December 25.

When any of our child/ren are school age, (do not check both of the following options):

* our child/ren shall spend CHRISTMAS BREAK from when they are released from school on the last school day before December 25 until 7:00 p.m. the evening before they return to school with father in /_/odd /_/even numbered years and with mother in /_/odd /_/even numbered years.

OR

* our children shall spend CHRISTMAS BREAK with each parent each year as follows: They shall be with father in /_/odd /X/even numbered years and with mother in /X/odd /_/even numbered years from the time they are released from school on the last school day before December 25 until 7:00 p.m. on December 26 and the remainder of Christmas Break until the evening before they return to school at 7:00 p.m. with the other parent.