Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

at a fork in the road with my career

PokerStar

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey Gang!

yeah I'm not really satisfied with my current job a the moment. I work at a very reputable Real Estate Franchise. No, I'm not a real estate agent, I just sell the actual franchise across North America. Money is just OK. Sure, my job easy I make phone calls all day to potential clients. But lately, I feel like I am not being challenged.

just to give you a background. Most of my experience has been over the phone. From B2b, Market research, telemarketing.. so talking over the phone is not a problem for me. I do have experience in Sales, Event Coordinating and Marketing. I also am a amateur poker player who streams on Twitch.

Now, i just dont feel fulfilled, I feel like m experience and skills set are being utilized properly and I'm kind of feeling like a caged animal. I love talking to people, I love organizing events, i love the feeling of actually selling someone as well.

I think this is an important juncture in my life. I believe the choices that I make now, will have a major influence on where I am going. My problem, is that I dont know where to go.

I could create my own business..like a lead generation for companies looking to do market research or acquire new clients or I can go back to the insurance sales which I did have fun before. Or just forget the whole sales thing and work for Mercedez benz and start as a car jockey an work my way up from there.

I just dont know where to go at this point. its been weighing on me for the last few days.

Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank guys

speed dawg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
haha, a few days? Bless your heart. I've been wrestling with my career since the fall of 2016. Join the club.

Lady Danielee

Don Juan
Reaction score
Well, don't give up your career because it is where your money comes from. What you need to do is to have another job, by having two jobs you will create a different environment for yourself, you will earn more and the most important of all, you will be challenged. ;)

Spaz

Banned
Reaction score
Well, don't give up your career because it is where your money comes from. What you need to do is to have another job, by having two jobs you will create a different environment for yourself, you will earn more and the most important of all, you will be challenged. ;)
^^ I'll with this.

Plus you should also try opening a small company. Get it properly registered, do any number of things, and see if you do in fact like being in the boss seat.

Only THEN do you decide.

backseatjuan

Banned
Reaction score
Own business is definately a thing to do! Not sure about your field, for me it is rather iffy. Can't advice you here. For me I think a restaurant or something with food is a good choice. Like a diner or something with a drive through some place where trucks stop or people work. Then there is real estate stuff, where you can buy properties for about 20k, restore, and flip them for 100k. Trucking is also good.

logicallefty

Reaction score
I work 40 x hours/week in IT and can’t stand it. I also work around 15 x hours/week as a police officer and love it. I could be a full time cop tomorrow but I’ve got myself in a pickle where it would mean a 50-60k a year pay cut, a decrease in benefits, and a total life style overhaul. I go back and forth all the time on if I should make the move.

I would say start working on a secondary career you might want to do either by getting certified, doing it part time, etc. Then decide if u want to make the move when all your ducks in a row. Hopefully it will be an easier call for you then for me .