Assumed sarcasm?

Luminescence

Don Juan
Reaction score
What does it mean when people especially girls always seem to assume that you're being sarcastic and interpret many things that you say as some criticism of them, or are quick to apologize for the littlest things and often insinuate that they're trying not offend you when you're being as warm and friendly as possible? How many of you get this? Am I just giving off the wrong vibes? Maybe I just seem too uptight and unapproachable.

Last edited:

sodbuster

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ask a person you know-not a close friend or family member about your tone of voice. My ex-wife always E NUN C ATED her words, what she thought was proper diction always came across as pissed.

CP3WOO

Don Juan
Reaction score
This is a good thread.

I have the same problem too. I have the highest grade in my English 101 class and all the girls in there try to use big words with me trying to impress me or something. However, it is kinda funny when they use a big word in the wrong context in which it should be used. Anyways, when I do talk to them and they don't use a big word they act like their less superior than me and say stuff like, "I know I'm sounding dumb right now, but not all of us can be a writer and use big words like you." I'm always like, "What the f**k? I'm normal too you know."

It's an on going problem in my life. If someone can help you, I'm sure they can help me as well.