Asking girl to call back for date?

Canadien

Don Juan
Reaction score
Ok, so as it goes, I made quiet a good impression on first approach with this girl that I had an instant date with while eating lunch at university, we have lots of things in common, and very similar background..

and after two days I invited this girl to just come and maybe go for coffee from university, everything seemed fine at the time..

However, the next day she she flakes on me and tells me from another university that she's completing her religion paper and she can't join me because of it, I didn't say much at the time other then I'll call back later to set something else up for Sunday, but she seemed hesitant once again..

and then it hit me that I just shot myself in the foot, so after a lot of thinking I decided to call back with my cell phone, and told her to call me when her paper is done, is this end all move by me?

what would you guys have done? How far and how long would you guys keep playing their game? When do you take charge and control of the situation..

Phyzzle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, you're wasting your breath asking her to call. Just wait a week, call her some other time, and if she can't make it she can't make it.

Basically, don't mention the fact that she didn't call you back. Ideally, you should have too much going on in your life to remember some message you left.

joekerr31

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
dude, if some hot chic wanted to have coffee with you, would you blow her off? and if you had to write some paper would you be cold and remote when telling her you had to cancel?

hell no. youd do what you coudl to make it for coffee. if you couldnt make it, youd be overly apologetic and would jump at whatever offer was made for another time.

thats how someone who is interested in you acts. this girl is NOT interested.

so why didn't she just give you the cold shoulder right away?

its university dude. maybe she was goign to use you to buy her drinks, or drive her around town, or to become one of her 'guy' friends (aka emotional tampons).

so i'll tell you what this chic would probably tell you ... 'like....Wuh-evah. like, just, like move on like."

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Canadien said:
...However, the next day she she flakes on me and tells me from another university that she's completing her religion paper and she can't join me because of it, I didn't say much at the time other then I'll call back later to set something else up for Sunday, but she seemed hesitant once again..

and then it hit me that I just shot myself in the foot, so after a lot of thinking I decided to call back with my cell phone, and told her to call me when her paper is done, is this end all move by me? ....
What the hell is the problem with setting a date and time? If either of you are busy, set another one. If that one doesn't work, one of you needs to either ask when the other is available or say when you're free; c'mon, you need to work with one another to solidify a date. If either of you can't commit to something, guess what that means? You know good and well a person can pick a day when s/he has no plans what so ever, even if its two weeks in the future.

Canadien

Don Juan
Reaction score
So guys

is this right time to call, after 5 days? ah, man I really want to see this girl but I really fear the game, anyways I'm gone contact her to see what can come out of this...

Maxtro

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Even though my experience with women is very limited I think you should call her and try to set a time and date to meet. If she knows that the set time won't work for her ask her when it would. Also tell her to call you if she can't make it.

MikeEdward1973

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
As someone who has some expertise in not getting 2nd dates, I can tell you that the best thing you can do between now, and whenever it is that you decide to call this girl again, is to work on meeting someone else.

This is a numbers game.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
MikeEdward1973 said:
... I can tell you that the best thing you can do between now, and whenever it is that you decide to call this girl again, is to work on meeting someone else...
:up: Priceless.

guru1000

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
HEY Canadien,

Always make plans! I make my plans now 2 weeks ahead. I am that busy. So if a girl cannot make it, make plans for another day. If she blows you off, dont call her again.

There is nothing wrong with leaving a voicemail to call you back. If she doesn't call, next her. That simple.

jophil28

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
guru1000 said:
There is nothing wrong with leaving a voicemail to call you back. If she doesn't call, next her. That simple.
I agree. NEXT HER..
There is NO legitimate reason for ANYONE not to return a call.(unless they got hit by a bus and are in a coma)
There are a few ILLEGITIMATE reasons of course- the most popular of these with the ladies is a head game that is designed to create power for HER by making you chase her and thereby putting her up there as "the PRIZE" - do NOT play ! If she starts off doing this shyte at the start and getting away with it ,she will do it forever. NEVER reward crap mind games with a date - NEVER.

Not getting back to you after you leave a Voicemail is rude and disrespectful behavior - it is women behaving badly .THis stuff belongs down there with flaking and flirting to make you jealous.
WE deserve a woman who acts well and treats us with respect and dependability - accept no less EVER.

jophil28

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Canadien said:
...and after two days I invited this girl to just come and maybe go for coffee from university, everything seemed fine at the time..

However, the next day she she flakes on me and tells me from another university that she's completing her religion paper and she can't join me because of it, I didn't say much at the time other then I'll call back later to set something else up for Sunday, but she seemed hesitant once again..
YOu fed into her need for attention and she had her fill for a while. She is either NOt interested or she is playing that 'ole favorite of young women. 'THe Hard to Get' game.
She is wishy washy or a mind gamer . NOT suitable to spend your time on dude. NEXT !