Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

asking a girl out for a drink and then not drinking alcohol

omkara

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
has anyone ever done this? I'm on a liver cleanse thing and not drinking right now. But I like the night life and it's key to my dating schematics.

I would like to think that I could continue dating as before and just drink coke instead. Sort of the best of both worlds.

Iceberg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I couldn't imagine it being a problem.

It could be a good conversation topic too. Go for it.

Mike32ct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eastern Time Zone where it's always really late
It's not an issue. I use this a lot:

HB: You're just drinking Coke?

Mike: Yeah I'm taking it easy tonight.

HB: Really?

Mike: Yeah I'm gonna start out with a Coke. Then later I'm gonna drink the hard sh@t like .....Pepsi lol.

It always get a laugh.

OnTheWayUp

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
omkara said:
has anyone ever done this? I'm on a liver cleanse thing and not drinking right now. But I like the night life and it's key to my dating schematics.

I would like to think that I could continue dating as before and just drink coke instead. Sort of the best of both worlds.

I haven't touched a drop of alcohol since the age of 16 (family problems with alcohol), and can safely say that there has been no problem for me whatsoever. All that it means is that girls are less likely to want to drink themselves on a first date if they don't see me drinking. With good game, they still put out when sober.

As one poster has already said, it can make for a good conversation topic as well. My story about why I don't drink can add a degree of vulnerability to my game if delivered correctly and not dwelled upon. I can't think of a single girl who has ever reacted badly to me not drinking. In fact, there was even one occasion where a girl gave me a compliment over it: "you're the first guy I've hooked up with sober!"

omkara

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Iceberg said:
I couldn't imagine it being a problem.

It could be a good conversation topic too. Go for it.
cool thanks man. I will try it and do a field report on it.

omkara

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Mike32ct said:
It's not an issue. I use this a lot:

HB: You're just drinking Coke?

Mike: Yeah I'm taking it easy tonight.

HB: Really?

Mike: Yeah I'm gonna start out with a Coke. Then later I'm gonna drink the hard sh@t like .....Pepsi lol.

It always get a laugh.
haha good one. So did you ask the girl to a bar or just meet her there for the first time?

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I did it for about 3 years when I was in AA and gave up drinking (Even though drinking was never a real issue, you gotta give it up too if you are in AA/NA)

just get a virgin daquari. problem solved. A few girls would give me a "you don't drink alcohol" look and for the first dates I would just say something like I'm trying to watch my girlish figure by not consuming too many empty cals (Which is actually somewhat true, even when I do drink I hardly ever take more than 1 drink).

it's really a non issue.

omkara

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
OnTheWayUp said:
. I can't think of a single girl who has ever reacted badly to me not drinking.
Well that is what I am thinking. It really should not matter in most cases. There was a guy here who posted recently about drinking water while watching a girl get drunk in a bar.

I quit drinking, for the foreseeable future, the day after new years. And I'm not one of those people that's going to make this my new religion. I've done that before. It was just time. My skin was looking terrible, and I'm going to quit at least until my skin looks better. Also, drinking was bad for inner game (for me, because I drink too often and isolate). I feel more confident when I haven't been drinking and keep up with my responsibilities.

It's just that, when people quit drinking, this question always comes up, how am I going to continue my social life? Because let's face it, alcohol is a huge way that people bond together. It's good for some things. My family bonds together through the shared activity of drinking. But there would be other ways to achieve the same thing.

Anyway, I think if your frame is strong enough, then it's not going to make a difference. Most people out there, especially women, are followers who are scared to write their own script in life. Just because 99% of people follow social conventions does not mean that you can't be successful breaking them.

Edit: One more thing I forgot to mention, is that I was becoming stupid on alcohol. The latest research is that it doesn't kill brain cells, but kills your dendrites (connections between brain cells). So it made me slow and I can't be clever or think up quick lines. That is partially why I was boring on dates, when I used to be funny. I'm already starting to feel my wit coming back a little, but I would have to quit for 6 months to a year to really let the dendrites grow back.

Mike32ct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eastern Time Zone where it's always really late
omkara said:
haha good one. So did you ask the girl to a bar or just meet her there for the first time?
I've used that line in both scenarios. It's a non-issue with the girl generally.

Although some bartenders might give this subtle look of disappointment or in rare cases (if he's a d@ck) a condescending look, maybe because they are making less of a sale? I tip them the same whether it's a coke or rum n coke, so they shouldn't care. However, if I get the eyeroll or some attitude, no tip lol. But don't sweat it. The good news is most are professional and will treat you as such no matter what you order.

I also agree with alcohol's effect on your skin. It makes my skin look weathered and makes me look older, which is never good for a ONS. Even the same night it happens, probably due to dehydration. So even if i am drinking, I drink Sprites or water in between alcoholic beverages and it somewhat mitigates this effect. But ideal is no booze at all.

Fresh Mint

Reaction score
There is nothing wrong with this. I would advise you to not explain yourself to the woman though. If she asks you why you are not drinking, tell her you do not feel like it. Leave it at that and resist the temptation to explain yourself with 30 second stories when you are asked about something you feel awkward about.

blueeyedgent

Don Juan
Reaction score
There's lots of drinks you can order that look no different from a real drink. A glass of coke or ginger ale on the rocks in a tumbler with a lime looks just like a mixed drink....

Heck, you can even drink "near beer" in a glass.