Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Artificial sweeteners

speakeasy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What are your thoughts on artificial sweeteners? Things like aspertame and sucralose? I'm finding it more and more as I read labels. I tend not to trust anything that offers free pleasure such as all the fun of sugar yet none of the carbs and calories. I have a gut suspicion that you're going to pay for it one way or another somehow. Maybe with your health. I'm just tired of feeling like I can't so much as buy a jug of iced tea and know what I'm drinking without being a chemist.

mrRuckus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
They'll all kill you somehow.

I stick with stevia. It seems the least harmful.

CarlitosWay

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Realize it or not a lot of your everyday foods ( fruits, vegetables) have all kinds of **** you have no idea about yet I think you do more harm worrying about it all lol. Aspartame/sucralose is fine and I can bring up medical studies at any request to disprove any myths. Crystal light is awesome though:).

Throttle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Here's the thing. They may well be damaging. But I doubt anyone's ever going to be able to prove it, unless there's some money to be made in proving it. And artificial sweeteners are going to be damaging at the margins, if dangerous at all. So at the end of the day, you pays your money and you takes your chances.

The principle that you're going to pay somehow for free pleasure has deep roots in Western thinking going back at least to Augustine. And it's attractive from a karmic perspective as well. But that doesn't mean it's true. People can go their whole life trying to avoid heart trouble and die of cancer. People can go their whole life trying to avoid cancer and die of a heart attack. Something's going to get you in the end, the question is whether you can live with the choices you've made in the meanwhile.

As for iced tea, brew your own if it concerns you. Learn to enjoy it unsweetened, perhaps with naturally sugar-free flavorings (mint, citrus, vanilla).

Cure

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Almost all packaged food in developed country's is full of all kinds of sh!t and weird chemicals.

This is why I generally try and stick to foods which are as natural and un processed as possible. As a general rule the fewer ingredients something has when you buy it, the better.

I dont trust artificial sweeteners, or chemical additives of any kind really, it just doesn't sit will with me to eat something made in a lab rather than grown in a field.

Cure.

mrRuckus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Cure said:
just doesn't sit will with me to eat something made in a lab rather than grown in a field.

Cure.
Opium is grown in a field.

ATP

Don Juan
Reaction score
I would stay away from aspartame though. Once I ate it and I grew an extra penis. :eek:

Considering that many millions of people are eating artificial sweeteners I wouldn't worry too much, if people dropped dead we would hear about it in one way or another. Considering the bad effects high intake of sucrose gives I'd take aspartame any day over it.

IMO as long as you don't do too many negative things I wouldn't worry too much about the few risks you take. If you don't smoke, drink moderatly, exercise reguralry and generally eat well eating some artificial sweeteners isn't really something to worry about. You're basically avoiding lung cancer, all diseases from being fat and etc...

hope7

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Any item that has aspartame gives me a ****ing bad headache. And the research on that ain't so good either. Go to pubmed type 'aspartame, cancer', or 'aspartame, nuerotoxin', ect.

It's probably not happening on this forum, but the more popular ones like bodybuilding.com has a lot of pro-aspartame paid posters.

CarlitosWay

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Alle_Gory said:
Can't drink just straight up water and you need to make it fruity instead?
Just an extra delicious way to get more green tea, as I get the green tea peach mango one most of the time and I drink straight water all the time also. So my question is what's it to ya huh? *tackles Allle_Gory to the ground raining hammer fists on his face*

That's what I thought.....*walks away sippin' his freshly mixed crystal light*

bookman

Don Juan
Reaction score
I've been drinking diet pepsi for 5 years now at the rate of 2 to 4 litres a day (it's wrong, it will kill me, I should stop ok spare me I heard it :p) I never had any health problems
if that **** causes cancers or anything I will be first to find out and report to you, so far nothing
the whole aspartame is lethal thing is a propaganda, the FDA approved it, the europeans approved it, aspartame is like 400 times sweeter than sugar, so the amounts used are very very small to do anything.

I'm not advising anyone to do what I do, but just lighten up... I never heard of anyone who died from drinking soda

hope7

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
bookman said:
I've been drinking diet pepsi for 5 years now at the rate of 2 to 4 litres a day (it's wrong, it will kill me, I should stop ok spare me I heard it :p) I never had any health problems
if that **** causes cancers or anything I will be first to find out and report to you, so far nothing
the whole aspartame is lethal thing is a propaganda, the FDA approved it, the europeans approved it, aspartame is like 400 times sweeter than sugar, so the amounts used are very very small to do anything.

I'm not advising anyone to do what I do, but just lighten up... I never heard of anyone who died from drinking soda
Um, i'm sure it's pretty obvious that if everyone died from it, it wouldn't be FDA approved. But you should take some time on google scholar and/or pubmed to really look it up, just because the FDA approved it doesn't mean it has a neutral affect on health, like sugar or cigarettes. But it's best the FDA operates like this anyway, otherwise they would've banned butter due to the 'lipid hypothesis'.

And aspartame is banned in Japan, for a good reason.

Also, it was overwhelmingly the most complained about food additive before FDA took down the complain option.

Last edited:

Alle_Gory

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
CarlitosWay said:
Just an extra delicious way to get more green tea, as I get the green tea peach mango one most of the time and I drink straight water all the time also. So my question is what's it to ya huh? *tackles Allle_Gory to the ground raining hammer fists on his face*

That's what I thought.....*walks away sippin' his freshly mixed crystal light*
I'm the pickiest person I know about what I eat... but this is ridiculous. You're just pumping extra chemicals into your body for no reason. The only way I can see to use crystal light is to spice up some of that bland protein powder. But there's other more delicious ways to do that. Artificial flavors suck.

Green tea rocks. It doesn't even need sugar in it.

Alle_Gory

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
bookman said:
the FDA approved it, the europeans approved it
That doesn't always mean much...

http://www.prisonplanet.com/fda-stu...e-for-infants-children-expectant-mothers.html

In a truly astonishing betrayal of public safety (even for the FDA), the U.S. Food and Drug Administration today revoked its warning about mercury in fish, saying that eating mercury-contaminated fish no longer poses any health threat to children, pregnant women, nursing mothers and infants.

Last week, the FDA declared trace levels of melamine to be safe in infant formula. A few weeks earlier, it said the plastics chemical Bisphenol-A was safe for infants to drink. Now it says children can eat mercury, too. Is there any toxic substance in the food that the FDA thinks might be dangerous? (Aspartame, MSG, sodium nitrite and now mercury…)

Now that's not to say that the FDA is crap, but as usual take everything with a grain of salt. The FDA is FAR from perfect, especially with all the corporate influence.

Don't believe the article?

Then do your own google search. The most accurate info about this will be the press releases from fda.gov.

bigjohnson

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It always amuses me that the same people who won't use substances like sucralose will line up to use stevia simply because it's manufactured in an organism.