Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

article: Why Doesn't Evolution Get Rid of Ugly People?

NickBe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Generally speaking beautiful people of high social stature reproduce with each other. Stupid people of low social stature reproduce with each other. Ugly people reproduce with each other.

It is not a difficult concept.

KneghtRyder

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
NickBe said:
Generally speaking beautiful people of high social stature reproduce with each other. Stupid people of low social stature reproduce with each other. Ugly people reproduce with each other.

It is not a difficult concept.

the concept is ..if we all want 'high fitness mates' good looking partners..how come ugly hasnt been weeded out yet.

NickBe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Again because ugly people reproduce with ugly people since generally speaking they can not get attractive, fit partners.

KneghtRyder

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
NickBe said:
Again because ugly people reproduce with ugly people since generally speaking they can not get attractive, fit partners.

the article says a hot father could mean an ugly daughter a hot mom could make a ugly son....etc

theunflushables

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My theory is that generally ugly people are also stupid. And we all know stupid people breed a lot more than smart people. Fvck global warming, we have the save the world from ugly idiots!

NickBe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If ugliness a weakness though in the hunter gatherer sense of the word? in some cultures fat women are beautiful. Genetics doesn't say 'well now I am living in L.A a place obsessed with looks so lets make a pretty baby'. I do not agree that looks are a genetic factor. Since different places in the world find different characteristics attractive. It is as if saying because Japanese people are attracted to anime characters with blue hair and gigantic eyes you expect evolution to create people with blue hair and huge eyes.

Physical fitness and resistance to diseases are factors and personally I think the weak have been weeded out. This can be seen by the dramatic increase in life expectancy over the past few centuries. I know medicine plays its part too.

On top of this how long have humans been here? 3.5 million years at the most and that cant really be verified. Evolution takes a long, long time. Then add the fact that humans have a conscious brain, we do not just seek the healthiest mate. Our society and idealistic view of love negates most of the natural breeding process.

Humans naturally find the most compatible/fittest partner through pheromones. Today we have deodorants that block out our pheromones.

I mean there are thousands of reasons.

Master Bates

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ya know, it could also be because ugly people have beautiful children, and vice versa? It's not exactly like there's a "beauty gene". A lot of it is just luck.

Obsidian

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
maybe because beauty isn't integral to male attractiveness *gasp*

Nighthawk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Evolution is getting rid of ugly people. Have you seen what neandarthal women looked like?

speakeasy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What's considered ugly changes from generation to generation. Even Marilyn Monroe is considered "fat" by the standards of today's models who look like heroin addicts to me.

And as someone said, dumb people have more kids, whereas the more intelligent people tend to be more careful about family planning.

KneghtRyder

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Obsidian said:
maybe because beauty isn't integral to male attractiveness *gasp*

well if you read the bottom.. it says female beauty and MALE ALPHA-MALE ness..

mrRuckus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
KneghtRyder said:
the concept is ..if we all want 'high fitness mates' good looking partners..how come ugly hasnt been weeded out yet.
Maybe for the same reason that critical thinking or lack of reading comprehension doesn't get you laughed out of society but rather coddled.

Jvesti

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
mainly the retardation of the weeding out of ugly people is due to marriage and monogamy being enforced in society. social constructs

Still at that, despite good looks men are able to attract mates with other qualities such as the attainment of power and social status despite their appearance.

But its definitely happening just at a slow clip, evolution is slow man. Its only been the past 200 years where we weren't enclosed in small social groups for thousands of years.

Just look at a rich college, every girl there is a hot piece of ass. Go down to the projects and your lucky to find real attractive symetrical faces. And the ones that are generally have an easy pass out.

Truth is there is that 5-15% of the population born to a different father is natures way of improving the gene pool.

Jerry Maguire

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Simple.

Beauty, mainly, is subjective.

Plus, it's not like only "beautiful" people reproduce anyway.

azanon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Jerry Maguire said:
Simple.

Beauty, mainly, is subjective.
Not really. (Human) beauty has been researched using proper scientific methods, and actually there is considerable statistical consistency in what most people consider as a beautiful/attractive human. The two main things I recall from this research are that "average" (size, dimensions, etc of bodily structures, i.e. an average shaped nose) is beautiful, and symmetry is beautiful. In short, if you have a face with average features and near-perfect symmetry, then most people will consider you "beautiful/handsome".

Jerry Maguire

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Although there are proportions that have been researched, there is no such definite form of beauty. If enough people were asked, there would always be a handful of people who, for some reason of another, not find the subject attractive.
I see your point however, and concur that in an everyday realistic definition, there is such thing as a beauty which a high percentage of people would agree on.

azanon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm just talking about statistical significance (which, by definition, is measured objectively). Of course, there will be outliers and deviation from the norms, but your "bell curve" is most people.

That being the case, if this is what drove the train, then there should be a gradual progression towards more beauty because the "majority vote" would cause genetic drift towards "beauty". But as has been pointed out, its a little more complicated than that.

I haven't had a chance to click on that article, whatever it shows.

bigjohnson

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you ever had to take antibiotics, that was nature trying to weed you out and science thwarting it, particularly if you were too young to breed at the time.