Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Are your cheeks / face redder than normal?

Duke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My cheeks looked flushed a lot of times and it flushes my confidence in myself down the toilet. I don't have rosacea, but my cheeks naturally have a reddish hue to them, and they can get REALLY red and contrast with my fair skin and it bothers me and I feel unattractive. So I did a lot of research to solve this super-dibilitating problem.

Here are things I have tried that have worked to dramatically reduce the redness:

1. Cut Nutra-sweet OUT of your diet totally. This will reduce the redness by about 20 or 30%. That means stop drinking diet colas and other stuff that claims to be "sugar free." Totally ****s up your complexion PLUS it fvcks with your brain and causes memory loss and joint pain. Nutra-sweet and all derivatives are the devil. Don't consume them.

2. Eliminate CAFFEINE from your diet. I know, it might be hard at first if you're used to having the occasional coke. But weigh the benefits.... Drink a coke and it will taste good for a little while. Don't drink a coke and you will be more confident in your ability to pull pvssy. ;) The choice is yours to make. BTW, cutting caffeine out of my diet and consuming more water have had the BIGGEST effects on reducing the redness. Try cutting out caffeine for a week. Trust me ;).

3. Drink a lot of water. Keep your body hydrated to reduce facial redness and improve overall skin health. Common sense, but often not taken seriously enough.

4. Reduce sugar intake. Heavy amounts of sugar raises energy levels and blood flow, causing blood to flow to your face and cause redness. Limit it.

5. Reduce simple carbohydrates. Goes with number 4. Skip the french fries for a salad.

6. Eat foods with antioxidants in them. This includes blueberries and cherries. Antioxidant foods have a natural vascular constricting effect, which closes the blood vessels to your cheeks, reducing redness.

7. BREATHE. Relax. Make sure you're breathing properly when in public. Take up space with your body wherever you are to increase relaxation and percieved alphaness.

8. Don't take HOT showers. It's a small sacrifice, but if you're hitting the town right after a shower, you want to look your best, right? The hot water will cause your face to get redder. Just use lukewarm water.

9. Work out and burn fat. The more fit you are, the more your complexion will even out, your skin will get better, and your facial tone will even out.

10. Avoid spicy foods... should be obvious.

I welcome more additions to this list, but these are working well for me so far.

-Duke

Duke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I haven't tried a tanning bed yet, and I'm a little weary about them because of the risks, but I might give it a try.

I've got auburn hair and really light skin. Dunno if I wanna risk it getting all freckled.

I usually just burn and get a *mild* tan, but admittedly it does help a little bit.

I will look into tanning beds because I think a nice tan would make me really good.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Peace.

-Duke

Duke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, I researched it. I don't have rosacea, but I have reddish cheeks, and incidentally, the same treatments that are effective for rosacea are effective for treating facial redness.

Alpine

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It seems there are two lines on treatment. The 'official' line is you can't cure it, yet I've seen loads of stuff on using special lasers to permanently frazzle the blood vessels.

I think I've got it in a mild form, but what really fvcks me off is I have a reddish face but white around my eyes, consequently everyone thinks I've been skiiing or overdoing it on the sun bed:mad:

Fake tan is helpful but not the answer.

shrewd

Don Juan
Reaction score
very good tips...i hear any green vegetables are also good.

What kind of soap would you reccomend, or cleanser for that matter. Right now i'm just using some plain soap named dial, and that's all i clean myself with. I never put much stock in stuff like clean&clear or other such products.

Also try not to stretch your face too much, like don't yawn excessively, especially if you have dry skin. Don't SCRUB your face with a wascloth, use your hands, and make sure they're clean too.

Duke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Shrewd... green veggies...

When my face was at its best-looking, it was during a period when I was working out heavy and eating salads almost every night. Good tip.

As for soaps? Something for sensitive skin, though I do use dial for my body. I use Nutrogena soap for my face.

Sensitive skin shaving cream with Vitamin E and aloe also seem to work pretty well.

shrewd

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Duke
Shrewd... green veggies...

When my face was at its best-looking, it was during a period when I was working out heavy and eating salads almost every night. Good tip.

As for soaps? Something for sensitive skin, though I do use dial for my body. I use Nutrogena soap for my face.

Sensitive skin shaving cream with Vitamin E and aloe also seem to work pretty well.
cool thanks, going to the store today i'll look for that.

Also what kind of shavor do you use? Right now i have a shick quatro, but i find it really irritates my skin, should i get an electric razor, or maybe one of those vibrating ones...

Can you reccomend any over the counter products to put on at night, before bed?

B9

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
what's the problem? I find a bit of reddish cheeks makes me look fresh and good.

Lost

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by B9
what's the problem? I find a bit of reddish cheeks makes me look fresh and good.
its like getting to use the makeup "blush" with an excuse :p

lolol. just kidding. i have this too but i dont worry about it too much. it is kinda annoying then when ppl think im always blushing and ****.

Duke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
http://www.baltimorepsych.com/body_dysmorphic_disorder.htm

Wow, I think I might have this.... But knowing that other guys have it and that the supposed "defect" is often imagined or blown entirely out of proportion is a relief. I don't think we look like mutants or anything lol.

What surprises me sometimes is that I'll be all concerned about my face and a girl will approach me or cashiers will call me "babe" or "cutie" or whatever, and it completely flatlines the negative thoughts... at least for a while.

I think this is mainly psychological... anyways, might look into a fake tanner as there's one near me but I dunno, I think we've given this a bit too much importance.

Biggest things I've found to reduce redness are avoiding aspartame and caffeine.

-Duke

coolguy676767

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Cold water seems to work well for me, I am quite freckled from my fair complexion, but they dont stand out as much as some of the really fair complexion people have. I guess this is a stupid question, but I am guessing tanning beds, can cause more freckles and burns, but do I have heard that freckles can diminish over time, such that if you have a 9 to 5 job later in life, they will diminish if you stay out of the sun. Have any of you tried artificial tanning creams, such as the foam or spray on ones you wash off, and if so were the results any good? thx

souporman

Don Juan
Reaction score
I've got the same thing

Its pretty intresting, because whenever i take a test my face turns redder...

That could just be because my head is leaning over closer to the desk than usual though

Duke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm gonna try Mystic Tan next week or this weekend. I'll let you guys know how it goes.

Duke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I feel so pretty, so pretty, so pretty and witty and GAAAY

I tanned today using Mystic Tan at a local Planet Beach (www.planetbeach.com).

AWESOME RESULTS. My looks got bumped up from like a 7 to a 9, no sh!t.
Redness not only is less obvious and blended in, but it doesn't CONTRAST with a white forehead/chin. My face as a whole is tan now, so there's a lot more evenness and symmetry.

I won't lie, guys, my confidence has gone up a lot.

I felt a little... well... a LOT gay sitting in the lobby for the tanning salon surrounded by HBs. It's a feeling akin to sitting in a hair salon, waiting on the stylists, so if you go to a hair stylist, the feeling will be familiar.

Also, just like a stylist, it's WORTH IT. Vain? Yeah, but so is every SHB. If people question me, I'm just gonna be like "Yeah, I tan, suck my c0ck."

So the chick invites me into this little room with an intimidating looking booth. On the way there, she goes "We're going to meet your doom!" lol... kind of a new girl tho cuz she gave me some WRONG instructions about what to do. She told me to BLOT with the towel after the spraying was done when I read online from several sources that you're supposed to WIPE and that BLOTTING will cause marks.

So yeah, if ur gonna tan or use Mystic Tan or Mist-On or any other tanner, be sure you research it and how to get best results.

I used a combo moisturizer/exfoliator before I went, cuz supposedly they help u get the most out of ur tan.

So anyways, I glob on the barrier cream and put on the hairnet and step into the booth buck naked. I wave my hand in front of the little motion detection sensor which causes the booth door to shut. Then I wave my hand in front of the start button and stand in place.

The machine counts down like a firing squad and then you get blasted from head to toe with cool, moist DHA/Aloe Vera.

I didn't know the jets were gonna be on for as long as they were (like 13 seconds), so I didn't hold my breath. As a result, I inhaled a big gulp of DHA, but the websites claim that DHA is a safe chemical in small quantities. Anyways, that wasn't too pleasant. It was like some kind of torture trap hahaha.

Anyways, I turn around so it blasts me in the butt and back this time. Then this voice comes on and it's like "OWNED! WHAT!" and you have to step out, cold, naked, alone and shivering.

Then you WIPE with the towel and make sure the moisture droplets that got caught in ur body hair are transferred to ur skin.

As soon as I got out, I noticed very very little change... maybe I was 2% tanner. Kinda crummy, I thought...

Anyways, its supposed to become apparent in 4 hours and peak at 24, then last for another 3 or 4 days.

So i checked every now and then in the mirror. Around hour 3 I noticed a DEFINITE change. My face evened out a LOT and I just looked healther and a lot more attractive overall. Its like I transcended the gap from "cute" to "hott." It was a great feeling, and my dorm buddy noticed I was a lot more energetic and happy (from the confidence). I dont think they've noticed the tan yet since it was kinda dark in my room and it hasn't fully developed yet, but so far so good.

If the tan lasts into the weekend, I'm gonna hit the clubs and probably have my most successful night ever. I can feel it. I am a pretty man, motherfvckers. I am a pretty man.

shagnscoob

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
it only lasts 3 or 4 days?

that kinda sucks, how much was it?

Raoul Duke

Don Juan
Reaction score
Sounds good mate. I suffer from the red face syndrome, usually in the evening or when i've had a few beers. I've been using a sun burn for the last three weeks and gotta say it really helps. People just keep commenting on how tanned i look and if they do say my cheeks are a bit red i just say its cause ive been on the sunbed.
Trouble is, i don't know how long i'll be able to keep going as the money will eventually run out!

Snap87

Don Juan
Reaction score
i asked some friends and did some searches on the net on antioxidants, they say that carrots have antioxidants. I was just wondering if u should peel your carrot or eat them when u buy them?

THANKS