Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Are you worried about high gas prices?

picard

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Have you guys check out the new gas prices? gas price in my local area reach over $1.12 / L in Toronto, Canada. I am reducing my use of the car from recreational purposes. This is really bad for my pocket book although my 4cyl accord 93 use less gas than a V6.

I might buy a toyota camry hybrid as next car. What about you guys? have you consider a hybrid car?

Last edited:

flippinfreak

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'd say you should get a raise if you are worried about the money, or get another hobby:p

I don't really have a problem though, I've negotiated to have a gas subsidy so I only pay $0.91/L

Shiftkey

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hybrids are more expensive than regular cars, so if you're just getting one for the money it's going to take many years to make up the difference in gas saved. If you want a hybrid for the environment though, go for it.

I won't be worried about gas until we go to war with Iran.

picard

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
flippinfreak said:
I'd say you should get a raise if you are worried about the money, or get another hobby:p

I don't really have a problem though, I've negotiated to have a gas subsidy so I only pay $0.91/L

how did you negotiated a gas subsidy? did your employer give you gas money?? I never heard about it in the news.

flippinfreak

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's a secret between library friends:p

My friends already ratted himself out, then used a taxation loophole so we could keep the subsidy and sent a letter to our member of parliament...

I live in Nunavut, there was a clause in the land claim that people could, in a word, establish landlocked transportation needs. It was aimed at the use of snowmobiles, but the wording was slightly confused so another one of my friends typed up a funny report that none of us believed would ever work. Surprisinlgy it did, so now I'm stuck with gas prices from 1999.

picard

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
you lucky bastard. I thought you live in the US. gas prices are propbably in the range of $3.00/ gal in US if the price is converted from Cdn dollar.

flippinfreak

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

nice difference:p What is the actual price? Could people from the states choose to drive to Canada to refill their "home made" fuel trucks, or would it be cheaper for a a US citizen to do the same?

Why is there a difference between imperial gallons and US gallons?

picard

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
US citizens can drive to Canada to fill up their gas guzzling trucks. Canadian gas price is at $1.00- $1.30 across canada. It depends where the gas station is located. The farther it is located from urban center, the higher the price. I am just saying in general. Canadian oil companies have their own way of setting gas prices.

flippinfreak

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I compared 0.91 and 1.13 to get 2.96 and 3.67.

Have you heard about the BS that's happening in Newfoundland? I think it's st Michelon, they have an oil fied there and the community doesn't get any benefit from it. They have to PAY to have the oil shipped back to them. A canadian company sold the rights to an american company. A settlement was reached in the community, and they didn't ask for any continuuing expenses except for a chance to get another job so they can skip pogey:p

OzyBoy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i don't care too much, i can leave my car for a couple of weeks without filling it up(i drive a corolla). i usually top it up every week though. if it goes up 10 cents - oh my god thats 2 bucks.

djbr

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
OzyBoy said:
i don't care too much, i can leave my car for a couple of weeks without filling it up(i drive a corolla). i usually top it up every week though. if it goes up 10 cents - oh my god thats 2 bucks.
If you run many miles per month you'll get why some people complain about high gas prices.

And I'm not talking about standard cheap asses, hehe :)

SamePendo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Why haven't any of us invested in ANY oil company share?

Create Reality

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I spend over $100 US per month in gas. It cost me almost $5 per day to go to school and back at 20 mpg. I paid about $2.80/gal yesterday. My commute to school is about 35 minutes, and the average American commute to work is about 45-50 minutes. I don't know the average mpg in the US, but I would bet that the average American spends over $100/mo on gas. If roughly 250 million commuting Americans spend $1200/yr on gas, that's 300 billion dollars a year of gas purchases from consumers. Add to that all the fuel consumed by trucking, companies and other commercial transport such as planes and trains. And then that amount, which is a giant sum, represents little more than half of the US demand for petroleum, because about 40 percent of the oil we use is consumed by industry and the making of plastic. Now one can see why BP and Shell made the list of the world's top ten biggest companies.

flippinfreak

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
SamePendo said:
Why haven't any of us invested in ANY oil company share?
Most have stock prices through the roof...

Check out Pemex, there was talk of a massive oil field find in the gulf that they have claim on.

I don't know if the stocks are still cheap though, I found the info on digg:nervous:

Bible belt...

I spend about 400 per month, and I live in a town that is 7 miles across:p

There are two stations in town, and when I was younger I'd use the place as my pickup locale, man, some businesses chug down the gas like there was no tomorrow.

I'm not going to get into how much refined gas they use at the airport. We have international flights come here at times, and high pressure nozzles take over an hour to fill up some of the larger aircraft. I think the new Airbus(spaceship) took over 2 million liters.

flippinfreak

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
whoops, pemex is an illegal stock to anybody who doesn't live in mexico

You'd have to run a search for deepwater drilling companies. Mexico doesn't have the technology, so to take advantage of the coming boom, they need to form an alliance with somebody.

I wonder who it's going to be.

Any ideas?

djbr

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Petrobras :)

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score