Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Are You Man Enough To Use The Direct Method?

SharinganUser

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Maybe we're just having a break down of communication here. Playing symantics, possibly.

Oh FFS. You are not telling her outright that you want to **** her. You are showing her that you are interested and attracted. You did that when you approached her bud. If she finds you attractive and she is availible, and you have not come across as a social retard, you will get her number.

There is no cat and mouse with a cold approach (bars and clubs excluded!) You are a lion, she is a wounded antelope. You go for the kill (her number, the date setup right there) or you go home.

No doubt a simply direct approach will work if she is already attracted to you. That is an ideal situation and almost anything would work. If it is a cold approach, you don't know anything about her, you might not be her type, ect... If it's not an ideal situation, then a direct approach might not be the best approach.

C+F cant be used until you have built up rapport with a woman in many cases. Using C+F on complete strangers is even more risky then a direct approach! You dont have time to build rapport when you hitting on chicks outside of clubs/bars/parties.

She knows you like her if you approach her. She knows you want to shag her. Approaching her, only to "Be direct and then indirect" comes across as unnatural. Its socially inept lad. It only works if you have built rapport with a woman!

Can C+F be used cold? Of course it can. It depends on her personality though, her mood, your ability to be playful. Its best avoided by guys starting out with cold approachs!

Who says it can't be used right away? Or that you need rapport with her to use it? If you use it, you are inherently building report because you are communicating that you are the man. There is no set ammount of rapport or time that says when it's ok to use it. Like you said, "it depends on her personality though, her mood, your ability to be playful."

She knows you like her if you approach her. She knows you want to shag her. Approaching her, only to "Be direct and then indirect" comes across as unnatural. Its socially inept lad. It only works if you have built rapport with a woman!

I agree, that she knows I want to shag her, my approach never comes off as unatural because I really am just being myself. As for not being able to use c+f in a cold approach, you'd be supprised how much you can express in a couple of minutes.

And if it looks rehersed and awkward, you are dead in the water. Sorry, but you misunderstood the OP's post completely. You are trying to apply "methods" you have picked up for almost any situation. It simply does not work that way.

How can it look rehearsed and awkward if I've never rehearsed anything in my life? Yeah, I sometimes come off as shy, and women sometimes ask me why I am acting so shy. I just say "Beautiful women, make me shy." Then move on, flirt and talk about something else. I don't make an issue out of my shyness.

Suggesting that one should play cat and mouse when you have 2 minutes to close the deal is ridiculous.

This was probably an error on my part, I don't know the definition of all these DJ terms. I simply meant that it is ok to flirt in the first two minutes. It's ok to mix things up.

First impressions are really important, if she doesn't think you have a sense of humor in the first few minutes, then, well you know the rest.

I was mostly worried about how some people might interpret the OP's advice. People like that guy several posts up that asks me "why don't you just tell her because that is what you are feeling at the momment?"

VERY well put. So what are you gonna do when you stop and interrupt a HB while she is in the middle of shopping, and is in a rush because she has places to be.Are you gonna sit there in the middle of the isle for 10 min using C&F ..no! You try to close and get the number as soon as possible and i believe direct is the most efficient way for this. Women are not STUPID THEY know when a stranger who is a guy approaches them what that guys wants. Be a MAN let them know what you want they can either accept it or not!

Now bars and clubs are a different thing usually you are stationary in the same place for several hours and so is the HB, So you have time to run all kinda routines C&F , and whatnot

What am I gonna do? Why would you even ask that question? C+F has no set time requirement. Why would you even think that? Honestly if you need 10 minutes to tell ONE or TWO jokes, I really think you need to improve your humour.

Look ad effective advertisements on televison. They require no more than 30 seconds to get they message across, and they usually use humour and qualify you at the same time to get you to buy their product.

Well, i think I've said about all I can say. If the situation calls for a direct approach, then use that. If you have a chance to use other weapons at your disposal such as flirting, c+f, or whatever, then use those too.

Reaction score
I would imagine it helps to be the kind of guy who DOES just go up to complete strangers and start conversations with them, and not only when he sees an attractive woman? Using myself as an example, I tend to keep to myself when around strangers and get to know people just by happenstance...people I worked with and things just lent themselves to conversation because you worked together. And I guess the reason I don't go up to complete strangers and talk to them is because I'm pretty self-involved and there usually isn't anything I care to know about a complete stranger (unless of course the stranger is a good looking woman; and even just any random good looking woman isn't going to inspire me to want to know anything about her....something about her has to stand out to me from most good looking women).

Maybe you can just turn it on and off like a lightswitch (most of the time be a quiet person who keeps to himself and when you want to you do the exact opposite with a good looking woman) but will the guy really come across as natural and confident, if this isn't usually the kind of thing he does naturally?

I guess what I'm trying to say is, if a guy finds it difficult or impossible to use the direct approach with a complete stranger, isn't there a bigger problem he needs to work on than what approach he's using?

Gangster Of Love

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The Little Book speaks the truth!

Reaction score
CasanovaFrankenstein said:
Maybe you can just turn it on and off like a lightswitch (most of the time be a quiet person who keeps to himself and when you want to you do the exact opposite with a good looking woman) but will the guy really come across as natural and confident, if this isn't usually the kind of thing he does naturally?

I guess what I'm trying to say is, if a guy finds it difficult or impossible to use the direct approach with a complete stranger, isn't there a bigger problem he needs to work on than what approach he's using?
Well of course, that is a truism.

Cold approaching is a cornerstone of this community. It is also a common belief, which I share, that to be good with a particular woman, you have to learn to be good with women in general. It is not like a secret power you learn in order to lure a woman back to your nerd lair. You must make an effort to implement these skills at all times until it becomes second nature.

And this:

I'm pretty self-involved and there usually isn't anything I care to know about a complete stranger (unless of course the stranger is a good looking woman; and even just any random good looking woman isn't going to inspire me to want to know anything about her....something about her has to stand out to me from most good looking women).
This sounds snobbish. Perhaps this is true or perhaps you are using this as an excuse to mask the fact that you are actually terrified of approaching strangers.

Reaction score
I'm in a library with plenty of girls in it and I'm going to try this. I'll be back in a few minutes and say how it went.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Man enough? Is it just me or are we making a big deal out of starting a conversation? I mean c'mon, little kids do it at the playground all the time, women do it too. Man enough??? Are we expected to parallel park too? :confused:

SharinganUser

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Francisco d'Anconia said:
Man enough? Is it just me or are we making a big deal out of starting a conversation? I mean c'mon, little kids do it at the playground all the time, women do it too. Man enough??? Are we expected to parallel park too? :confused:

haha, no doubt. :crackup:

Itiswhatitis

Don Juan
Reaction score
DonGorgon said:
i use that method if the woman shows strong interest first ....

thats my problem,im great at direct but i can only do it,if i get a sign shes interested like a look or smile...otherwise im not brave enuff so i just do that indirect bull****.

If i get the signal im very direct and straight to the point. My boy is the most direct person wit women i know,i see em get rejected alot but he pulls decent lookin 20 yr olds and hes 40,baldin,kinda fat.But he dont carry himself that way. He always tells me "women can tell when u gettin alotta puzzy by how u carry yaself,its all about the swagger" haha...he will stop in his car and ask a chick at the bus stop what her name is then where is her man at? Or just walkin thru a store tellin a chick how pretty she is.They either ignore him, say thank u and keep it movin or smile and say thank u and he moves foward in talkin to em....basically any response is a signal for him to go foward...im not there yet tho.

librito

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
hey dfranc....
Francisco d'Anconia said:
yes.....this is the opening for men with balls of steel....why? because one of the main problems most of us in this website have with women is that we
A) go thru an ambelieveble amount of stress just to meet new women, and for that reason is that there are so many thousands of opening routines.
B)this method of starting a conversation with girls is different because contrary to all the other ones, you show your sexuality and your purpose of meeting her from the get go.
c) starting a conversation with an attractive girl is a big deal for most of
the guys here..arent they called AFCs if they are not able to do it?
d) another huge problem that AFCs in this website have is that girls only like them as friends and the main reason for that problem is that they dont show their sexuality soon enough....with this opener youll never have to worry for being liked as a friend cause youll either be rejected during the first 4 minutes or youll be place in the list of "posible" boyfriend during the first 4 minutes.
e) yes,,, children socialize more because they dont have all the millions of sexual hormones making them all nervous and scare of being ambarrased in front of the girl they like... I also used to be a very social kid with girls until I reach the age of 12..then I became a social retard when I entered puberty just like most of us at sosuave.
f) women do socialize much more than men do, but only among themselves... have you seem a women approach a guy??? how many times have you being aproached by women?
me personally, have seem it may be two times in my whole life and I have never being approach by any woman. women websites concentrate most of their effort on how to keep and improve relationships. men websites such as this one help men start relashionships. it is up to men to approach and thats the reason we're here.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
librito said:
hey dfranc....

yes.....this is the opening for men with balls of steel....why? because one of the main problems most of us in this website have with women is that we
A) go thru an ambelieveble amount of stress just to meet new women, and for that reason is that there are so many thousands of opening routines.
B)this method of starting a conversation with girls is different because contrary to all the other ones, you show your sexuality and your purpose of meeting her from the get go.
c) starting a conversation with an attractive girl is a big deal for most of
the guys here..arent they called AFCs if they are not able to do it?
d) another huge problem that AFCs in this website have is that girls only like them as friends and the main reason for that problem is that they dont show their sexuality soon enough....with this opener youll never have to worry for being liked as a friend cause youll either be rejected during the first 4 minutes or youll be place in the list of "posible" boyfriend during the first 4 minutes.
e) yes,,, children socialize more because they dont have all the millions of sexual hormones making them all nervous and scare of being ambarrased in front of the girl they like... I also used to be a very social kid with girls until I reach the age of 12..then I became a social retard when I entered puberty just like most of us at sosuave.
f) women do socialize much more than men do, but only among themselves... have you seem a women approach a guy??? how many times have you being aproached by women?
me personally, have seem it may be two times in my whole life and I have never being approach by any woman. women websites concentrate most of their effort on how to keep and improve relationships. men websites such as this one help men start relashionships. it is up to men to approach and thats the reason we're here.
Any guy having that many problems should consider sticking to playing Warcraft. All of this detail about having a conversation will make someone who's having a problem to go mad and get even more frustrated. Instead of conning themselves into believing they are someone who they are not (at least not yet) or memorizing a ton of gimmicks, they should learn about self confidence and self worth. Having those two traits alone would prepare a guy for any situation without having to memorize anything or act unauthentic to their character. No, it won't get you the girl tomorrow but it'll prepare you for a lifetime. Your way may get a guy to take off an be noticed but unless he has something authentic to offer via his character, he's going to still crash and burn shortly after leaving the runway. Approaching and gaining rapport doesn't guarantee anything.

Reaction score
Me personally I do exclusively direct. Easier, saves time and cuts to the chase. Anyways if the chick isn't into you, you think asking her "if david bowie is cute," is going to change that? Not likely.

DonJoseCantosie

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
plus don't forget, some girls who get direct approached, they reject but based on a knee jerk reaction or being so overwhelmed they make no sense, hence why they'll be eyeing u quite a bit later.

librito

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
PHAT Rabbit said:
FR -

I went out tonight and used this method and got a bittersweet result, but I am hopeful for what the future holds in this little guy.

I approached an HB 8 and UG 4 in a Wal-Mart. Going directly up to HB 8 I use a very similar variation of the line posted (not verbatum, but close enough)... I than ask if "they" go to school around here. We talk for about 1 minute and than I notice HB 8 keeps trying to say something, I should've just kept going, but I'm noob at this. I let her speak her piece and she blurts out "Actually, I was going to say I have a boyfriend".

My response: "Oh you do, oh... what do you go to school for?" I recorded this, so I can tell my reaction was pretty solid - I totally just plowed through. But after about another minute I dismissed myself.

Well luckily enough I went into a grocery store about 30 minutes and later and guess who's walking out? The 2 set. I say "Are you guys following me around?" They laugh and keep going.

I walk around the store for about 3 minutes and than I notice the girls are back in the store. I approach and say "Weren't you guys just leaving?" HB 8 gives me some lame excuse about her forgetting to buy her mom candy, because she ate it - it was weak. She works hard to keep the convo afloat by throwing in questions and try to lead me on with random things (we talk for like 8 minutes). I should've busted on her for not having a bf... like "Alright, honestly let me ask you this - you don't really have a boyfriend do you?" Or I should've just number closed, because there was obviously some interest here. PS the girls didn't buy anything when they left the store the 2nd time, so clearly they were lying about the whole candy thing.

So moral of the story - this type of approach works well as long as you can engage the girl long enough for her to realize you're not some wierdo. Don't let her interrupt you either!
this was not a failure in any form or shape...this was just gaining experience.
remember that in order to do this right you have to appear with an attituded of a champion... you can only get this kind of attitude after you have done it about 9 more times.
THE ONLY DESCRICTION OF CONFIDENCE IS REPEATING AN ACT THAT SCARES YOU TIME AND TIME AGAIN. THATS HOW YOU SEPARATE YOURSELF FROM THE OTHERS. all the others get scared and they iether never do it or only do them a couple of times.

one more thing,,,no opening with compliments at all. no "beautiful, stunning, "amazing eyes", cause they heard that before a million times.
YOU WANT TO COMPLIMENT A BEAUTIFUL WOMAN? THEN TELL HER HOW "SMART" SHE IS.... I BET THAT IS THE FIRST TIME SOMEBODY CALLED HER SMART CAUSE WE ARE ONLY INTERESTED ON WHAT IS OUTSIDE NOT HER BRAINS AND SHE KNOWS IT...THAT KIND OF COMPLIMENT REALLY WORKS ON THEM.

your attitudE should be like a man 'WHO KNOWS WHAT HE WANTS AND KNOWS HOW TO GET IT"

DonJoseCantosie

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Have they truly heard in a confident, i choose you manner? I doubt it. It works on the best looking of women. Try it. U don't know how smart she is. Why comment on that? Be honest. U find her physically attractive. Say it with confidence. Thats my opinon. Then find out how smart she is when u get to know her :)

zinc64

Don Juan
Reaction score
librito said:
I will tell you the best advise that I can give anybody that wants to improve his situation with women...
why is THIS the best advise coming from myself? I was stuck in all the pick up bull crap AND DJ STUFF for 4 years and this step was the only one that got me where I really wanted to be..... this method is very simple but you need to have the balls of steel just to try it....
women are as simple as men and thats the reason we shouldnt be running around in circles and hiding our real intentions...

THEY KNOW WHAT WE WANT THE SECOND WE START A CONVERSATION WHITH THEM. all this nonesence about not showing interest right away is bull crap. ALSO,,,, AS MOST WOMEN SAY AND BELieVE ME I ASKED A BUNCH OF THEM....women know if you have a chance to fuk them within the first 5 minutes of knowing you.
with all that said...

the method that changed my life is
THE DIRECT METHOD.
ALL, AND I MEAN ALL OF MY APROACHES START WITH THIS SENTENCE.

"excuse me, I just noticed that you were here like about 30 seconds ago{{{or you put whatever timing you wish)))))) and the first thing that came to my mind is that I gotta get to know you, thats the reason why Im talking to you right now. whats your name?

why do I love this method so much? becuase its direct and to the point.
once you tell them this they know exactly what you want and they know they cant play games with you or waist your time.

the other good thing about this is that they will reject you within the first 4 minutes of meeting you by telling you that they have a boyfriend (never ask them if they do have one) or some other bull CRAP OR
THE
CONVERSATIONS WILL GO STRAIGHT TO RAPPORT BECAUSE SHE WILL BE AMAZED BY YOUR COURAGE TO START A CONVERSATION WITH HER THE WAY YOU DID...

notice that most probably noone EVER TALK TO HER THIS WAY BEFORE.
the only trick to make this method effective is that you have to appear as confident as possible and to start appearing as confident as you can you will have to USE THIS method like about 5 to 10 different TIMES
AND THEN YOULL START TO UNDERSTAND HOW IT WORKS AND HOW POWERFUL IT IS. YOU WILL SAVE YOURSAVE A LOT OF TIME ONCE YOU START DOING THIS....
THIS IS SO EFFECTIVE THAT MOST TIMES YOU WILL KNOW FOR SURE IF YOU ARE GOING TO BE ABLE TO GET HER PHONE NUMBER WITHIN THE FIRST 2 MINUTES OF MEETING HER.
SHE WILL START TO GIVE YOU INDICATIONS OF INTEREST OR DISINTEREST ALMOST INMEDIATELY.
TRY IT AND LET ME KNOW HOW IT GOES.

My approach is always direct. Thye always know what I want. :cool:

mcpwn

Don Juan
Reaction score
i think kino is important with this. one time i got rejected and i basically ignored the chick like she didnt exist, later on she came back to me and wanted to talk.

example: people with extreme confidence (dictators, religious leaders..etcc) get what they want and peopel follow them

Effington

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't necessarily think it's a bad approach, but as you mentioned, if you approach a girl, that's enough for her to know you're at least somewhat interested; why spell it out? I think the best first impression is to portray a sense of humor