Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Are you a beta geek?

Bonez

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
StevenR has asked a question about alpha males. I have seen the answers from the high school forum, and from the general forum. What is the response from the mature men?

Do you have an opposing point of view, or do you agree that you are a "beta geek" like Steven has classed himself?

StevenR said:
Nothing personal, but I don't entirely agree with this post. I think it is a little more complex then this. First, is there any consensus on what the exact definition of a human alpha male is? Is it a guy who gets chicks? Is it a guy who is a leader in some capacity? Or is it an extraordinary individual akin to Nietzsche's Ubermensch?

Was Winston Churchill an alpha male? Was he physically "fierce"?(actually he was short and fat) What about FDR? He was a paraplegic. Abraham Lincoln was just ugly, certainly no Brad Pitt in the looks department. So who is more alpha, Lincoln or Brad Pitt? How about Ghandi, who preached non-violent resistance, was he not an alpha male?

Last but not least, there were other great men in history, such as Einstein, DaVinci, Edison, Galileo, Darwin, Socrates, Plato, Aristotle, etc. None of these men were leaders, they were all "thinkers" something the OP just instructed is not alpha, yet they all profoundly changed the course of mankind and the history of the world. Centuries from now these men and others who are truly changing our world for the better will still be household names, wheras Brad Pitt and Van Diesel will probably be almost completely forgotten.

My point is that I think your definition of Alpha Male is too one dimensional, and there are many different types, or definitions, of a successful male and many ways to achieve that success. Your definition mostly seems to be successful in the sense of how to be the guy who gets the bimbo chicks in high school and college. Which, I guess, is the central goal of most men on this site lol, so your definition would make sense to them. I am not this kind of guy and never will be, nor do I want to be.

I look up more to a guy like Thomas Edison or Ghandi, the Dali Lama, Galen Rowell, or Galileo then I do to the the captain of the football team, Van Diesel and whatever other pretty boy, muscle bound movie stars are the current hearthrobs of chicks these days. If this makes me a beta geek, so be it.

saber

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
stevenR is a perfect example of a low status male so he is definatley right about one thing...(not to flame because were all here to learn) BTW its obvious cause low status people dislike things they cant have or are not.

Yes edison or einstein were famous but is that alpha? no

If you put all the people mentioned in a room a social order would develop and the ability to harness electricity would not be a factor.
Would you sleep with susan b. anthony? or joan of arc?
how about xyz celebrity of choice?

A cult leader like gahndi might do well against a celebrity or what not but it's hard to say.

An ALPHA MALE = THE PERSON WITH THE MOST SOCIAL INFLUENCE/POWER/SOCIAL SKILLS/WHATEVER

the ability to physically hurt people or impress them is a tool in a social situation and does not gaurantee anything

ChrizZ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
it's funny.

Imagine 5 so called alpha males sitting around an HB and running game on her. Trying to outsmart each other in order to get the girl.

Suddenly some random dude comes up and confesses he likes her and she goes home with him.

THAT IS REALLY BEING ALPHA! BEING FEARLESS IN EVERYTHING YOU DO!

The Inside Man

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If there are 5 people sitting around running game then only one by definition can be an "alpha male". One guy ends up going home with her, the others just think they are alpha males. I also think it is possible to be a great leader and humanitarian and not be totally socially secluded or avoidant like some of the leaders. I agree with saber that it is more about just getting girls, it is social influence, and emotional intelligence. Leaders who posessed these skills and also changed the world: John F Kennedy, Bill Clinton, Mohammad Ali, Ghandi, FDR, Ben Franklin. EQ and social influence are value negative in themselves I think, it is up to the person to decide whether they will manipulate or be authentic with developing emotional intelligence and influence.

aliasguy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
-
-
-

"Imagine." Yep.

You'd have to "imagine" it because it would be so rare that you'd likely never see it.

-
-
-

Play the Game

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ChrizZ said:
it's funny.

Imagine 5 so called alpha males sitting around an HB and running game on her. Trying to outsmart each other in order to get the girl.

Suddenly some random dude comes up and confesses he likes her and she goes home with him.

THAT IS REALLY BEING ALPHA! BEING FEARLESS IN EVERYTHING YOU DO!
Is that a joke? Not telling a girl you like her is the biggest tool you have. Every guy is creeping left and right offering this and that. You have to be different.

Being alpha is living in your own reality and being the prize to be won.. Good looks and muscles help but if you're not the prize then it doesn't matter how good looking you are because every girl will just walk all over you.

Blatant fearlessness is foolish, and will not get you very far.