Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Are we just friends?

spread_love

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'll try to make this short, a few weeks ago, I went to a wedding and after the wedding I went back to a friends place for a smoke, as I was leaving, I heard a voice say my name and oh my god it is you.

We spoke for hours, anyways, during our catch up (we actually first met in the 90's) she invited me to dinner, the dinner was this past weekend and it was great, she really went out of her way and even made a really nice dessert, we spent the night, chatting and watching movies and I crashed on her couch in her room, the next morning she made me coffee and got up to make me breakfast, I told her she didn't need to, but she said that she would love to make me breakfast, after breakfast, I said I might cruise off and she suggested we just chill (ie get high...lol) and watch movies so we did and later on I went out and got us dinner and again I stayed the night on the couch and finally left the next morning (she was looking for me when I saw her at the entrance of her flat just as I was about to leave).

My question is, have I put myself in the friend zone, or are we just being cautious around each other?, I like this girl and I am sort of waiting for the right moment to make a move.

I rang her today and told her I had the greatest weekend, she said she did too and then I asked her out for dinner this weekend and she said that would be good.

Any thoughts?

Columbia

Don Juan
Reaction score
I think you've done perfectly fine, mostly.

My only critique is your "waiting for the right moment". It's something that just never made any sense to me - either the girl likes you or she doesn't.

The "right moment" is the next moment you see her. When you take her out for dinner, kiss her at the beginning of the date. Nothing too heavy, just enough for you both to have it out of the way and to enjoy dinner.

horaholic

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Escalate, escalate, escalate. I can guarantee you, your window will close VERY soon, if it hasn't already.

Lexington

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You've got to make your move within the first 2 weeks and that's at the latest. Any longer and you'll be in the friend zone.

spread_love

Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice all :D

I'm just going to go for it and see what happens, if she isn't with it, then that's cool. if she is with it, then I will do what a Man has to do :rock:

LuisGarcia10

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
By the sounds of it I would say you'll get a positive response, I'd be amazed if she was doing all this for someone she hasn't seen for over 10 years if she only wanted to be friends.

Smack

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
spread_love said:
I'll try to make this short, a few weeks ago, I went to a wedding and after the wedding I went back to a friends place for a smoke, as I was leaving, I heard a voice say my name and oh my god it is you.

We spoke for hours, anyways, during our catch up (we actually first met in the 90's) she invited me to dinner, the dinner was this past weekend and it was great, she really went out of her way and even made a really nice dessert, we spent the night, chatting and watching movies and I crashed on her couch in her room, the next morning she made me coffee and got up to make me breakfast, I told her she didn't need to, but she said that she would love to make me breakfast, after breakfast, I said I might cruise off and she suggested we just chill (ie get high...lol) and watch movies so we did and later on I went out and got us dinner and again I stayed the night on the couch and finally left the next morning (she was looking for me when I saw her at the entrance of her flat just as I was about to leave).

My question is, have I put myself in the friend zone, or are we just being cautious around each other?, I like this girl and I am sort of waiting for the right moment to make a move.

I rang her today and told her I had the greatest weekend, she said she did too and then I asked her out for dinner this weekend and she said that would be good.

Any thoughts?
She sounds like she totally wants you. Yet you haven't made a move yet. If you don't soon, you will end up in the friend zone.

amoka

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
spread_love said:
Thanks for the advice all :D

I'm just going to go for it and see what happens, if she isn't with it, then that's cool. if she is with it, then I will do what a Man has to do :rock:
She is in with you. Keep us posted... good or bad.

spread_love

Don Juan
Reaction score
She flaked on me, we were supposed to go out for dinner and a movie, but she texted me in the morning to say her hip was playing up (she has a sore hip) which is fair enough I guess, but I contacted her the next day and said I could come over and we could order in and watch movies or whatever, but she never got back to me and said she would, she did text me and say "hope your having a good day x" and that she can do next weekend...but honestly I think I am losing interest in her that way.

jdjd

Don Juan
Reaction score
i had this happened to me.....recently

she wanted to play flake on me...and i just call again the next day ...and she said she was at work....didnt answer and we were just texting each other back and forth for awhile....then i asked...when will i see you again? she said soon and she will let me know.....

so now im moving onto the next one and if she does decide to do something great....if not im already onto the next target....

i know this sounds easy to say but there are a lot of other choices out there...dont focus on one.....again i know....easy to say...hard to do....but just have to do it...

Effington

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hard to judge since we we're there, but I'd suggest trying to make another date and that is the last chance to make a move.

Either way, let us know how it goes!

JJMcLure

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Haven't you seen Wedding Crashers? ;)

Seriously though, single chicks at weddings are reminded they aren't married and don't even have a boyfriend! Their emotions come into play and their self esteem can be lowered. She liked having male company and she was probably in an emotional state where you could have hit it. But nothing happened (you didn't make a move), time has now passed and things are normalising again.

jdjd

Don Juan
Reaction score
i'd say def try a few more dates and be direct......incase she forgot....remind her that ur still interested!

spread_love

Don Juan
Reaction score
JJMcLure said:
Haven't you seen Wedding Crashers? ;)

Seriously though, single chicks at weddings are reminded they aren't married and don't even have a boyfriend! Their emotions come into play and their self esteem can be lowered. She liked having male company and she was probably in an emotional state where you could have hit it. But nothing happened (you didn't make a move), time has now passed and things are normalising again.
LOL...She was never at the wedding, I saw her after the wedding as people from her flat went to the wedding and rolled back with them.

JJMcLure

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
spread_love said:
LOL...She was never at the wedding, I saw her after the wedding as people from her flat went to the wedding and rolled back with them.
No problem, the first part of my comment still stands for chicks met at weddings. In relation to your case, the latter part of my comment still stands - you "talked for hours", "slept at her place, but on the couch - twice", yet didn't make a move and quickly moved into a spot in the friend zone.

Vice

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

I feel bad for you man.

While I can understand that you were waiting for the "perfect moment", you need to come to realize that there is no "perfect moment".

**** you STAYED AT HER PLACE overnight? And nothing happened? I feel bad for the girl, all that work and you didn't even reward her by giving her a simple little kiss during the movie.

Next time, don't wait for the "perfect moment". Just look for a "moment".

The_411

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You have to make the moment.

You failed that shyte test. :nono:

Your window has closed.

Pimp-sicle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
spread_love said:
I like this girl and I am sort of waiting for the right moment to make a move.
Your waiting for the right moment eh?? First off that reasoning is just pure bullshyt, its a way for you to justify your fear. Secondly, there is no such thing as "the right moment," get that thinking out of your head. Its all about going after what you want.

You've still got a shot with her, however if you don't get physical with her soon, you will be in the friend zone.

WTF are you thinking sleeping on her couch IN HER ROOM? If your going to sleep on the couch, sleep on the couch in the living room. If your in her room, you should be hooking up with her in the bed!!

Try drinking a bit instead of getting high, that should loosen you both up and help you re-discover your ballz.

PIMP

spread_love

Don Juan
Reaction score
I have decided that is better to keep this girl as a friend, I thought about the situation and my past and came to the conclusion that if I wanted something to happen, I would have made it happen, I have been single for a while and just trying to find my way back, having female friends helps in this and you are a liar if you say they don't.

I have always had a friendly rapport with girls before hooking up with them, it's just the way I have always worked and it has worked for me in the past.

I'm a bit of a loner to be honest and the last girl I slept with turned out to be a real psycho and a slut to boot, so she left me with a foul taste in my mouth and to be more cautious about Women, this girl, the one I am talking about is an old friend and I think it's best that I keep her that, I think a few of you here are just thinking with your ****s and I'm not, I want a relationship with a good Woman, this girl is just a friend and we enjoy hanging out...that's a good thing right?...in fact we are going to the movies tomorrow night, it's not a date so there is no pressure.

thanks for all of your comments.:rockon:

Last edited:

spread_love

Don Juan
Reaction score
The_411 said:
You have to make the moment.

You failed that shyte test. :nono:

Your window has closed.
just out of curiosity...what test did I fail exactly?