Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Are u willing to risk your health just to get biger and stronger?

Rammsteindude1

Don Juan
Reaction score
I like to work out....but creatine, and all the other drugs are just crap.
Most guys in this forum talk about taking........hormones, suplements or just some other kind of drug just to get stronger.
Most of you should know that taking somekind of drug or *some crap like that can really affect your body, specially in the long run.
confused:

For example.......it was proven by french scientist that creatine does a lot of damage to your liver in the long run. But most stupid americans do not know, or don´t care about it and still take it.

ya dawg, don´t take creatine, it ain´t worth it
N i g g a ..........aight?
(Trying to make it sound ghetto.............isn´t that cool??..hahaha)

superman0

Don Juan
Reaction score
Research

How about you do some real research before making a post like this?

For example.......it was proven by french scientist that creatine does a lot of damage to your liver in the long run. But most stupid americans do not know, or don´t care about it and still take it.
Show me.
Also, while your at it, show me some research that says hormones, supplements, etc etc are bad for your health.
I figure if you make such claims, and intelligent person like you should be able to back it up? am i right?

Drex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Where are your references? I'd like to see this article about creatine causing liver damages; dont believe everything you read online. Here's something for you:

A recent university study compared kidney health of creatine users and non-creatine users for a period of 10 months to 5 years. The creatine users ingested between 1-20g of creatine each day. Results of the study indicated that supplementing with creatine monohydrate DID NOT have any adverse effect on kidney function or general health in any of the subjects. (1)

Another study monitored a group of football players for 12 months and came to the conclusion that regular creatine usage did not have any adverse effect on kidney and liver function or overall health. (2) If you do not have any pre-existing liver or kidney problems, creatine should have no adverse effects on your system.

(1) Poortmans J, Francaux M. "Long-Term Oral Creatine Supplementation Does Not Impair Renal Function in Healthy Athletes" Medicine and Science in Sports and Excercise, (1999); 31:11-08-111.

(2) Kreider RB, Melton C, Rasmussen C, Greenwood M, Cantler E, Milnor P, Almada A. "Effects of Long-term Creatine Supplementation on Renal Function and Muscle and Liver Enzyme Efflux." Med Sci Sports Exer (2001); 33:S2

Phrozen

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
WTF is with every foriegner always saying stuff like "stupid americans"

Stupid enough to create the wealthiest, most powerful, most influential, most oppurtunistic, ... etc ... nation in the world.

Maurizio

Don Juan
Reaction score
He's from Utah, not a foreigner. I don't think any of the previous replies have actually answered his question, only defended creatine, which regardless of your stance on the stuff (I think it's fine too BTW...), is not what this thread is about.

So... Am I willing to risk my health to just get bigger and stronger? I think that if I weren't a competitive athlete, my answer would definately be no. I see no reason to put myself at risk for a just a little bit more self gratification. But when you're an athlete, and being strong and on top of your game brings you more than just self gratification (admiration, prizes, money, and maybe even fame) then the question is harder to answer...

I do take quite a deal of supplements: Both recovery shakes and durring workout mixes, guarana tablets, a ZMA / Tribulus Terestris / Muira Puma stack, high doses of acidophilus, multivitamins, and ocasionally amino acid pills as well.

None of the stuff I take would I consider dangerous though. None of it requires any need to cycle, and my body won't grow dependant on any of the stuff as far as I know. And also, all of the stuff is legal for use in my sport (cycling).

- Maurizio

Pulsar

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Phrozen

Stupid enough to create the wealthiest, most powerful, most influential, most oppurtunistic, ... etc ... nation in the world.
hmmmm...there is a reason for everything :D :cool:

Fred Da Head

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Phrozen

I guess it's because of idiots like you who act like anyone not from the US is backwards, poor, and all think the same, ie as commies.

On the topic, if you don't like something, it's your choice, but don't say it's crap. There has been what.. ONE study that showed creatine was bad? ANY drug, ANY SINGLE ****ING DRUG, can be bad for your health if you don't take it responsibly and are not careful. You can OD on cough syrup, you know. Plus, comparing creatine, hormones, etc, something your body makes by itself, to chemical drugs, isn't exactly bright.

Would you compare blood to tomato juice?

Donjuanpablo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Even if these drugs have or haven't been proven bad for your health I think its up to the user to decide what they wanna do to their body. Having said that, I don't think anyone would use them if they weren't playing competitive sports or were into serious bodybuilding. I mean why would you risk your health, even if the results were seemingly ok in the long run just to look good?

DoctorLW

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
You can die of overdosing on ANYTHING. Well almost anything... I think it's nearly impossible to overdose on Vitamin C, perhaps even Creatine itself.

Even sugar. In fact, if you were to consume half the bag that they sell at local groceries stores...that is MORE than enough to kill you outright.

Creatine is not dangerous. Most of the people who look down on it generally are non-weightlifters. They seem to "hype" it up, and give it more credit than it deserves... it seems it helps them feel more confident with their own bodies. As in "I could be that big too if I took creatine...but I won't because it will effect my health."

In the weightlifting community however, Creatine is one of the tamest supplements. In comparison to Prohormones, Ephedra, and the likes...which all have known effects to taking them (gyno/lower sex drive and fvcking with ur heart respectively)

Aiken_Drum

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
1) Creatine is not a drug. It's a substance naturally found in meat, you are just consuming larger than normal quantities.
Yes, testosterone is naturally found in the body and that's not a reason to take it, but creatine has no bad side effects in normal doses.

All supplements are safe (aminoacids, creatine, protein powder, glutamine etc etc etc) since they are just food or some substance found on it, with the exception of everything that messes with your hormone system (anabolic steroids and MAYBE pro hormones, I don't know about them).

2) I am willing to risk my health to be bigger and stronger?

Making a planed and concious steroid cycle, as far as I know, is ALMOST safe.
There's always a risk involved, but if you use care it's very safe.
Steroids have a very bad name cause you hear about pro's problems, who take testosterone shakes for breakfast. But on small doses they are pretty much healthy.
So, to answer that question, yes, I'm willing to take a small risk to become bigger and stronger (but only after I'm 22 years old, I'm gonna turn 20 in 8 days).

Soshyopathe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Fred Da Head
I guess it's because of idiots like you who act like anyone not from the US is backwards, poor, and all think the same, ie as commies.
They're not?

Rammsteindude1

Don Juan
Reaction score
I can´t belive it

Geez.......I can´t belive it!
U guys got all mad just cause i said "stupid americans" sorry about that, I didn´t mean to hurt your feelings........hahaha!

I never said u should stop taking creatine....did i ?
I just told u what I hear in the news, about what those french scientist found. I am sorry, right now I can not bak it up.......but hopefully I will later on.

Peace out

DJ Girevik

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I have personally heard that creatine's byproduct creatinine is harmful, then in other places I've heard it's simply useless. Which one is true?

Personally, I would NOT risk my long term health for short term strength and good looks, and I currently work out without taking any supplements. I would only take supplements that already have stuff found naturally in food (E.G. Protein powder).

Drex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by DJ Girevik
Personally, I would NOT risk my long term health for short term strength and good looks, and I currently work out without taking any supplements. I would only take supplements that already have stuff found naturally in food (E.G. Protein powder).
Creatine is already in your body and it is in the meat you eat.

Phrozen

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I fail to see the part where I criticized any particular country. I also missed the part where I called them poor and backwards. So "I guess its because of idiots like you" who can't read.

The Edge

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Molsen Ice.....Aye!!!

Damn Canadians..... You guys just wait till we run out of trees...:D

The Edge 'Some have it and some don't

Fred Da Head

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: Molsen Ice.....Aye!!!

Originally posted by The Edge
Damn Canadians..... You guys just wait till we run out of trees...:D

The Edge 'Some have it and some don't
We've actually selling you trees for a while, but protectionist policies have reduced the amount and are causing job loss on our side. Just wait 'till we can distribute our own blockbusters!

payaya

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
mate, you cant live life worrying bout stuff like that. Thats the way i see it, live life to the fullest.