Are these shirts gay?

nmartinez12443

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
actually I am a gemini my b-day is tommorrow june 18th.

I am just tired of the jeans/button up shirt look, its so played out. Now I am not going for a "HEY LOOK AT ME" LOOK, but I personally think these shirts are awesome and I am getting 3 of them, the peacock one probably not. However, I will say this when I go out to bars I am most successful with a standard jeans and button up look with a little blang on my arm as opposed to a funky t-shirt look, these shirts i will probably wear during the day. Since it is so hot (austin TX)

PSYCHO

Banned
Reaction score
Instead of calling themselves, "Design By Humans", they should change their name to "Designed By Homos!"

Does that answer your question? :rolleyes:

Duffdog

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
yes, they are gay. They are supposed to be gay and get a reaction.

To be honest, I would totally wear the second shirt to a club and show up with 3 hot girls for no other reason than to piss off the rest of the "normal" guys. But...I wouldn't wear it out anywhere during the day because it may attract too much negative attention.

TheFlyOne

Don Juan
Reaction score
Trader said:
I have another top that is white with baby blue stripes. In the past I could not *pull it off* - now I can easily. I even tested how much craziness I could *pull off.*
Is a shirt and a "top" the same thing or only when dealing with more of a girly shirt(top)?

Hughman

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
3rd shirt is pretty cool, got one similar to that. 1st shirt is a bit to 'ravy', 2nd is just plain ugly and you need to be a certain type of guy to pull off the 4th (ie big and buff)
And $25 for a t-shirt? That's a pretty standard price, you damn Americans with your cheap clothing. I have to pay £15 minimum for t-shirts or polo shirts from the local high street fashion stores or for last season's stuff in TK Maxx.

Trader

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
TheFlyOne said:
Is a shirt and a "top" the same thing or only when dealing with more of a girly shirt(top)?
"Top" is a generic term that could mean t-shirt, turtle-neck, sweater, anything - anything BUT pants/skirts, etc I didn't want to say 'shirt' because many guys would assume shirt means 'T-Shirt.' "Top" is a word that is used by the more fashion conscious and by all the girls.

DuffDog said:
yes, they are gay. They are supposed to be gay and get a reaction.

To be honest, I would totally wear the second shirt to a club and show up with 3 hot girls for no other reason than to piss off the rest of the "normal" guys. But...I wouldn't wear it out anywhere during the day because it may attract too much negative attention.
I'm sure you don't wear clothes just to *get a reaction.* You have to truly like what you are wearing - otherwise everyone will see that you are fake and are just trying to get a reaction. That's why I am against the *spirit* of peacocking - it is just attention whoring, guy-style. And I agree - there is a time and place for wearing those shirts - context is everything.

Wear what YOU like - consequences be damned. Of course that takes balls if your style is a bit unconventional - but balls are everything.

pLaYtHiNg

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Ken785 said:
VASSUUUPP!!! IM BRUNO!!!

:crackup:

I can't wait to see Bruno.

I like the Death shirt... but maybe they were designed for AWs?? LOL If I saw them on a guy, I think my second thought would be that he 'needs' attention. The first thought would be that he's 'gay'. Sorry.

edit to add: Happy Belated Birthday, nmartinez12443!

Last edited:

PRMoon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Why worry about what anyone thinks about what you wear? Really, my girlfriends and more to the point my moms buy me clothes all the time and I wear that sh*t like a badge. If you personally want to buy something just do it. Always remember its the man that makes the clothes and not the other way around. I buy stuff that I think looks good on me and I give a f*ck about what anybody else thinks about my styling. I do a good job and I wear what suits me.

If you don't think you're a rockstar, nobody else will. Act like you're somebody and people will look at you as such.

Trader

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
PRMoon said:
Why worry about what anyone thinks about what you wear? Really, my girlfriends and more to the point my moms buy me clothes all the time and I wear that sh*t like a badge. If you personally want to buy something just do it. Always remember its the man that makes the clothes and not the other way around. I buy stuff that I think looks good on me and I give a f*ck about what anybody else thinks about my styling. I do a good job and I wear what suits me.

Great post. The more I think about it, the more I realize that a real man is simply the complete opposite of a girl.

The girl worries about: 'Do I look fat in these clothes?'

The man just wears what he wants to wear.