Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Are the og DJ classics partly outdated when they say to use texting only for setting up dates?

DoofusDonutDude

Don Juan
Reaction score
As someone who's never been a fan of online dating and prefers the idea of cold approach, I've heard about guys pulling chicks they didn't know from insta by sliding in her dms or other social media sites. Its a given nowadays on the dating apps to have texting rizz after the looks filter.

Even chicks nowadays you cold approach want to connect on insta before giving you their phone number ( i know about the whole " if she doesn't give her number, she's not interested" but that's another discussion and not always true in my experience) and if you've had only a short interaction during the approach this leads to a some flirting at the very least on texts before they agree to meet up.

The cons-
- Too much competition, most girls on social media, especially if they are good looking have tons of DMs anytime
- Girls can ghost whenever they want
- Body language etc. game has no use here, you are limited to only verbal rizz and only if you have passed the filter of looks when she checks your profile
- Low return ratio

The pros-
- More focused approach. You can find the good looking girls and dm them directly
- A friend focuses on the rough diamonds and has good texting game. So women who are pretty and cute but not that focused on always looking the best all the time or post too much of their own pics - he has good success with them
- Low investment, possibly high reward compared to high investment, high risk, very high reward of cold approaches

As someone who likes the idea of casting a wide net and covering as many bases as possible while having specific forte it seems the OG Don Juan classics advice is partly out of date now.

Their advice seems to say, get the number and then straight up ask for a date. Don't text at all other than that.

Their idea about the objective of texting being to set up a meeting --100% applies even today. That should be the goal of all texting.

Their advice of not texting AT ALL other than straight up asking for a date? Feels badly out of date . Not to mention modern texting apps has taken over calls as the shortest and quickest go to for communication. So it seems a good idea to having texting game down for not just getting the date but afterwards during serious dating as well.

What do you guys think?

Manure Spherian

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Their advice of not texting AT ALL other than straight up asking for a date?
I’ve been out of the loop since 2011. What do men speak about via text with prospects other than setting up dates, which I only did by voice?

Communicating at length with a stranger woman sounds like torture.

Young OG

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
As someone who's never been a fan of online dating and prefers the idea of cold approach, I've heard about guys pulling chicks they didn't know from insta by sliding in her dms or other social media sites. Its a given nowadays on the dating apps to have texting rizz after the looks filter.

Even chicks nowadays you cold approach want to connect on insta before giving you their phone number ( i know about the whole " if she doesn't give her number, she's not interested" but that's another discussion and not always true in my experience) and if you've had only a short interaction during the approach this leads to a some flirting at the very least on texts before they agree to meet up.

The cons-
- Too much competition, most girls on social media, especially if they are good looking have tons of DMs anytime
- Girls can ghost whenever they want
- Body language etc. game has no use here, you are limited to only verbal rizz and only if you have passed the filter of looks when she checks your profile
- Low return ratio

The pros-
- More focused approach. You can find the good looking girls and dm them directly
- A friend focuses on the rough diamonds and has good texting game. So women who are pretty and cute but not that focused on always looking the best all the time or post too much of their own pics - he has good success with them
- Low investment, possibly high reward compared to high investment, high risk, very high reward of cold approaches

As someone who likes the idea of casting a wide net and covering as many bases as possible while having specific forte it seems the OG Don Juan classics advice is partly out of date now.

Their advice seems to say, get the number and then straight up ask for a date. Don't text at all other than that.

Their idea about the objective of texting being to set up a meeting --100% applies even today. That should be the goal of all texting.

Their advice of not texting AT ALL other than straight up asking for a date? Feels badly out of date . Not to mention modern texting apps has taken over calls as the shortest and quickest go to for communication. So it seems a good idea to having texting game down for not just getting the date but afterwards during serious dating as well.

What do you guys think?
It is outdated advice. I’ve experimented with both ways. When I only text to set up the date, I got nothing but flakes. When I started texting multiple times leading up to the date, the flakes stopped. You need to find a good medium. You don’t want to text too little and you don’t want to text too much.

RBK

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
It is outdated advice. I’ve experimented with both ways. When I only text to set up the date, I got nothing but flakes. When I started texting multiple times leading up to the date, the flakes stopped. You need to find a good medium. You don’t want to text too little and you don’t want to text too much.
Agreed. All these bros on here "TEXTING IS SIMPING, LOGISTICS ONLY BRO" lmao, good luck with that. You have to have some sort of back and forth leading up and post or welcome to ghostville.

Jor-El

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Agreed. All these bros on here "TEXTING IS SIMPING, LOGISTICS ONLY BRO" lmao, good luck with that. You have to have some sort of back and forth leading up and post or welcome to ghostville.
Agreed again. Of course,you can only go on your own experience but when iv gone down the road of "logistics only" texting you come across as a bit odd,aloof...anti social even. that said,of course,it shouldnt be morning to nite texting for sure,but as above, you have to find the happy middle. To much..bad. to little,also bad

Solomon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Totally agree if you know what you're doing via texting you can spike a girls IL, you can get nudes, or even prequalify for sex
This isn't for noobs, for noobs you should be learning witty banter, flirting, creating role-playing(to get a girl invested, illicit emotions etc) and learning to get a girl engaged via text

But this whole idea of only texting to set up a date and waiting a week for the date is a recipe for you to get flaked on
The field is more competitive than ever. Heck even texting doesn't guarantee she will show up because a woman can be hot today and cold tomorrow but at least you have a better chance IMO

pipeman84

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't think it's outdated. Building rapport over text is an illusion ... you could be talking to a fat bearded guy for all you know. :oops:
You could be talking to a catfish or a woman who has no intention to actually meet anyone and is on OLD for validation reasons only. You chit-chat, think you've found a great girl, then she ghosts you. Or when you finally meet, after texting 2580 words, in reality she is nothing like you've imagined her to be like.

As I see it, keeping texting to a minimum is a win/win: you don't waste time and you display masculine, attractive qualities such as being direct, decisive and a busy guy to those women who actually intend to meet you.

Bingo-Player

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Texting is subsequent to the frame you have established with her if its a weak frame the texting will be weak

Women have a lot of interactions with men both online and offline far more than any man does they can

women categorise men quickly by the way they communicate

"hey how was your day"

" Hey how was work "

" Hey you are beautiful "

" hey are you free on ? "

" can I take you on a date ? "

These are all messages that a woman will receive 1000 times a week and will ignore most of them , the second you send one of these messages your signalling to her you don't know how to deal with women and are probably a nice guy = boring = dry pu$$y = no sex

texting is fine but you have to be creative , not cringey and original

If you can't do that then its not worth texting at all

old_skoolr

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Anecdotal but my game improved when I actually starting using proper punctuation and no emojis.

Considering the vagueness of texting, some women would get confused as some texts could come off with dual meaning.