Are "Speed (Hurry) Dating" Parties Worse It?

Frank2500

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone on here has had some success with "Speed Dating," also known as Hurry Dating. There are a few upcoming Speed Dating events at a local bar and restaurant in my city and I feel quite reluctant to attend because I fear many of the women there could be the stalker/psycho types, like most of those who do online dating. The kind of women who could react violently if they feel that you turned out not to be the man they wanted you to be.

She makes you weak in the knees.

But she won't give you the time of day.

Here is how to get her.

Frank2500

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: Typo

My apologies. I actually meant to type "Worth It." I'm sure most of you would figure that out.

superchristx

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I've never done it, but I imagine it depends alot on who is putting on this speed dating event. I know the SGA at my college puts one on, that one probably has a lot of college girls. If a church put it on, that would have a lot of religous types. Getting the picture? I imagine you'd get a lot of psychos if you did one advertised in the city paper. It also depends on how old you are, if this event is for people 35-40 you can bet she's expecting to maybe marry you, expecting you to be everything she hopes, and watching you very closely and critically.

But the concerns you have aren't really valid, psycho girls appear in every walk of society and you can usually tell pretty easily if you are dealing with one. The speed dating thing, I reckon, would be tough because:

1. You're instantly acknowledging you have trouble getting women, that you 'need' a woman.

2. You're being lined up and compared with other men in your age range. Look honestly at yourself, can you compete? Are you in the top 10% of those men? if not I suggest getting some normal 1 on 1 interaction.

Personally I WOULD do it because 1. I'm top 10% 2. Psychos don't scare me.

everywomanshero

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sometimes it is possible to see where the event is held at. There is usually an intermission period, plus some people will arrive early or stay late to mingle. Instead of paying just show up in the establishment. If it's a restaruant say you are meeting a friend, many restaurants will have a bar area you can hang around at.

This way you can still see/meet many of the people without paying all the $$$$. I've ran into a few that this won't work with, but you could always try emailing them to find out where the event is being held at. Pretend to be an interested customer. Of course, if you have money enough one could just go a head and pay without all the lurking in the shadows. lol. Last, this is mostly KJing on my part because I have not tried the various different speed dating companies.... they could offer benefits that I am unaware of that might make them worth the $$$$.