Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Are Seattlites afraid of rejection?

Brad

Don Juan
Reaction score
I had a very interesting conversation with a friend in Seattle tonight. She said that as a woman you won’t be approached in a bar in Seattle, whereas in Australia you get approached at least a couple of times a night.

Are men in Seattle afraid of approaching women? Is it a cultural thing?

highSpeed

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I had a very interesting conversation with a friend in Seattle tonight. She said that as a woman you won’t be approached in a bar in Seattle, whereas in Australia you get approached at least a couple of times a night.

I actually think they're more afraid of reality, women are fantasy, if you play it right.

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I believe when a critical mass of men gets a bad feed back from approaching women in a certain setting, personal negative reinforcements and word of mouth create a new default behaviour.

Basically what happens when men get screwed up in courts and dont get married anymore while others either see it with their own eyes or are informed about it.

SkrooU

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score

Interesting! I had this same conversation with a female friend. We're both here in Seattle area. And she said the same thing as your friend. This conversation started because I said a lot of men in Seattle are very wussy. I've been in settings where the men just seem like caged animals who look at me with some skeptical and bitter look if I am near them and their women acquaintences are near.

It took me about 15 years, after 3 months in Texas, to figure out why the men are this way. They have adapted to liberalism and feminism. It's not as bad in the suburbs, which is where I am. The women are generally liberal here too. But they still want a manly man. I see women approached in the gyms and clubs here all the time. But in Texas, it was still a much more fitting environment for me. The women encouraged you to be men.

Overall, to answer your question, I don't think men are afraid of rejection. I think the women just aren't very feminine and thus the men aren't motivated and encouraged to be manly. So they adapt or retreat in dissatisfaction.

Bokanovsky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I believe when a critical mass of men gets a bad feed back from approaching women in a certain setting, personal negative reinforcements and word of mouth create a new default behaviour.

Basically what happens when men get screwed up in courts and dont get married anymore while others either see it with their own eyes or are informed about it.
I agree with Who Dares Win. In every distinct geographic setting, men (as well as women) have a certain "collective experience", if you will. This experience can be personal, second-hand (i.e. experience passed on by other men) or a combination of both. If it is the "collective experience" of men in Seattle (a very liberal town) that approaching women is not a good idea (either because women are generally not receptive or because there is a high risk of being accused of sexual harassment), then they will be less likely to approach.