Approach Anxiety, Failure & Core Confidence

Randallpink83

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ahhhhhhhhhhhh!!!

The dreaded approach anxiety - - Run away, run away!!! (said in a very Monty Python Holy Grailish way)

This is some crazy stuff huh? Yes laying in bed at night this can give you butterflies just thinking about it. Walking up to a Girl.

Well I have something to tell you about Approach Anxiety - and if you internalize my advice and follow my orders, it will work wonders for you.

This is a big question "How do I get the confidence to approach?" - And hopefully this will be an answer that can be used by many - This is for anyone who has any doubts at all when it comes to approaching.
I wish I didn't even have to write about this - But I keep hearing the words "approach anxiety" - Anxiety is a big word to me, this is a serious problem for many guys. They can't even get STARTED with the interaction. Lets kick this problem here once and for all.

Real Quick; What is Approach Anxiety? - Well I think its when two midget monkeys "social engineer" err "hack" their way inside you and then hump up your body and take two huge diarrhea dumps on your brain..... ok bunch of nonsense right? well so is the true answer!
Fear of the approach is purely an Ego problem. Its the risk of failure.
You cant handle rejection.
You don't want to act in front of others and risk being ridiculed.
You worry that you won't know what to say or do after the greeting (that is a big one)...
Yes that is it. Its simply that you don't want to fail and risk hurting that Ego.
You can identify with those feelings cant you? Most of us can, these are basic... Even masters of pick-up know these feelings. They have just successfully dealt with the issue.

First to start off - this is geared more towards the dudes who literally can't even force their first approach cause of the fear - So we need to take extreme measures to get you in the right frame of mind that is going to allow you to approach.
"I cant approach! its just so much pressure! What if I look stupid and dumb and she doesn't like me. And everyone see's how much of a loser I am when its clear that she doesn't want to be talking to me.... What do I say?? I don't know what to say ahhhhhhh!!"

OMG!! You might look bad??? She might not like you??? You might freeze up and make an extremely awkward moment for all involved parties??? omg... that is dreadful. *SLAP* snap out of it!!

Here is what I want you to do soldier - That is right I'm gonna tell you it in my best Drill-Sergent-Gonna-Kick-Ur-AZZ-Movin Voice!!

"SOLDIER! I WANT YOU TO GO OUT THERE.... AND FAIL!!!"

Yes yes, I said it, I want you to go out and fail.

"Tw@t did he say? I cvnt hear you!" - Yes, FAIL.

You are so concerned with looking bad and failing. You keep focusing on it. You don't want your image of yourself damaged - Well lets just kick the crap out of that negative thought and straight up face your fear.
No more pressure on you guys. Because you are going to go out and fail! and it will be Glorious!!! You want to fail now! Like a hungry dog looking for a steak you should run out of the house right now and happily approach the first Girl you see with this "Reject me, reject me I dont even care, i want it!!" attitude.
You want to fail - Because its gonna happen anyhow - and the fear of failure is paralyzing you. So now you must actively pursue that fear and face it and tear it apart.

I give you permission to fail! I wont think any less of you if you fail a million times - GO OUT AND FAIL! - You don't need to feel any less of yourself if you fail.
Go out and look stupid. Talk to girls who don't like you and roll their eyes at you wishing you would leave. Its so great! Finally awwww a moment of deep relaxation!! No longer is there a fear that you are going to fail... Because no longer are you FIGHTING failure, You are embracing it as essential to your growth and development.
The truth is, its not a failure - Its your viewpoint and belief that is making it a failure. Look at it in a different light - its growth and learning.

If you are still feeling anxiety at the thought of approaching, then repeat this mantra in your head a billion gizzalion times until you die of old age "Its ok if I fail - failure is necessary"

Guys its time to destroy that Ego that is holding you back. Once you destroy all that social conditioning, and external beliefs that have made up your current Ego - then you will be back to a more natural CORE you!! A person who is naturally Confident, attractive and REALLY good with Girls!
FAILURE IS YOUR FRIEND - Walk right in, fully OK with the idea of the most fvcked up negative approach of your life happening. Its indifferent to you - You welcome both failure and success now!!

And I bet you know whats going to happen? You all intuitively know that approaching girls isn't going to be that bad after all - You aren't going to really get that almighty failure - usually you just feel too much pressure and end up ejecting yourself for whatever reasons. For the most part, the mass of humanity tends to be pretty accommodating. They aren't going to pull out a bat and bash your skull open! Mostly likely if you roll in cool and friendly and indifferent to the outcome (which you will be, because fail or succeed it doesn't matter), then they will usually be cool and friendly too.

And here is two distinctions that you must separate -

1. You truly do want to succeed - why else would you be approaching? you want Girl! But if you fail you are totally fine with that.

2. If you really really can't even force your first approach - Then seriously, You can approach with the sole purpose of making yourself FAIL for your first 2, 4, 10, 100 approaches whatever it takes to get comfortable and indifferent to failure. Then success becomes your full drive. failure and negative thoughts become irrelevant - that is confidence.

I you really internalize this - if you really follow this and commit to this - than bro, Core confidence is within your grasp!!!

"I don't give a fvck what anyone thinks of me. I don't give a fvck what happens. I'm gonna do whatever I want, I'm gonna go for whatever I want... Failure doesn't mean sh!t."

and it really doesn't, it just means you are growing more. And EVERYONE needs to grow more.

....So, Go out and fail... its ok man. You can go mess up, make mistakes, say stupid crap, sound really inconfident, look dumb in front of the world - But it doesn't matter cause failure and mistakes is a core part of your life and its healthy!! Deep down you know you are fine with it. finally you can handle all the social pressure - because you are now one of the rare few who doesn't feel the need for perfection - you are fine with failure. THAT'S HUGE!!!

...I'm perfectly fine if this entire thread is a huge failure. :p

So lets go out guys and unleash ourselves into this world! Lets go out and fail, grow and ultimately succeed. But you can succeed RIGHT NOW by failing.

Approach Anxiety doesn't exist anymore - that is a silly word - its so negative! You are now armed with the positive frame of mind that can overcome any anxiety. You are pumped up!

Before we part ways let me tell you of my own experience about a year ago.
I was doing the whole game thing. Out there approaching and trying to get it done. And I was doing it by simply manning up and approaching Girls but nothing major. I knew I was selling myself short. I wasn't hitting it nearly hard enough, I wasn't making an impact.
But I hadn't really made a full commitment yet to what I wanted either.
Then if I remember correctly, I believe I heard from the community just a small sentence from someone talking about going out and trying for rejections.
and that little information just kept eating at me.... I kept thinking about that idea and obsessing over it... and then finally it CLICKED - And I realized why I wasn't approaching that much - and I realized what I needed. So I remember calling my wingman and telling him that we were going out that weekend and we were going to have a contest to see who can have the most rejections (if rejections even existed - it was mostly just stalling out and ejecting)... But with this liberatting theory I went out and cold approached easily 100+ Girls in a two day period... And I kept that rush going. I'm not sure how many approaches I have done now grand total, but its up there. I went a little obsessive there for a bit on Approaches - I rarely closed. But at least approaching isnt a factor anymore. It wasn't after that first weekend. I hope for similar results with anyone else that tries this.

-Randall Pink Floyd

p.s. I leave you with one of my favorite quotes

I've missed more than 9,000 shots in my career.
I've lost almost 300 games.
26 times I've been trusted to take the games winning shot and missed.
I've failed over and over and over again in my life.
And that is why I succeed.
- Michael Jordan

-
-
-
-

Reaction score
I'm gonna go out and do this,you have convinced me. But my problem has always been dealing with,how do you go from failure to success? When does it go from rejection to getting calls/girls all the time? When does that happen? Cause it always seemed to me,you either already have it all,or you don't.

thing is,I approach hundreds of people per week through my job alone. So you would think natrually I would be able to do this more easier.

Lexington

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Statistically speaking, if you approach hundreds of girls, you should - even by shear luck- succeed with at least a few.

I'm sure that very few of us are hideously ugly. Perhaps we don't all look like Brad Pitt and perhaps we're not all jacked and in the very best physical shape. But I'm sure most of us fall in the normal range of looks.

Thus, our chances of succeeding with a woman should be greater than 0. Let's just say that you have almost no game. Let's set p, the probability of succeeding with a HB8 at 5%. That means p = 0.05.

But if you approached 100 women, then you should still succeed with 5 (100 x 0.05 = 5).

To put it another way, if you only had a 5% chance of succeeding with a woman and you approached 100 different girls, your odds of NOT succeeding with any girls is 0.59%. That's less than 1 percent!!.

Just from reading this site alone, most of us probably have a better chance than 5%.

At the end of the day, getting women can be as simple as a numbers game.

the d-rock

Don Juan
Reaction score
thats a very simple way to put it, but interesting and true to a certain extent.

Randallpink83

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
CapedCrusader08 said:
I'm gonna go out and do this,you have convinced me. But my problem has always been dealing with,how do you go from failure to success? When does it go from rejection to getting calls/girls all the time? When does that happen? Cause it always seemed to me,you either already have it all,or you don't.

thing is,I approach hundreds of people per week through my job alone. So you would think natrually I would be able to do this more easier.
Glad to hear you are going to apply this. Just commit, and WANT it bad... No matter what happens keep hunting for the success you want.

...And obviously there is no answer to your questions. It happens when it happens. Could be the first month, could be a year from now. But either way that doesn't matter. You are not RESULT focused ok? Lets really understand that... YOU ARE NOT FOCUSED ON THE RESULTS - Because Failure or Success its all irrelevant. Your job is to go out and Have fun on the inside and not care about the outcome.

But just know you are not alone. I'm out there every week also. Enjoying my time failure or success... This is doable :up: