Appearance, and Clothing; A question about one of the most important factors in PU.

Fitch

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Clearly our appearance, dictated silently through the clothes we choose to wear helps, or hurts, our chances in meeting women. Shopping for good clothing is as important as taking our regular showers. Think about it, would you approach a woman who has a horrid taste in clothes? What we wear shapes our appearance, and our first impressions! This woman who wears sh@t for clothes sends out bad vibes... all the popular woman at school have an excellent style sense. They are hot, and what they wear extenuates that.

Furthermore, wearing the right clothes inherently increases our confidence level. Think about it: wouldn't you be more content with yourself when you wear what you like, and what you are comfortable in?

Now this brings to me to my question.

But, before I get to that... I am entering college soon, and the importance of first impressions are crucial. I will have a small supply of money (over 500 USD) per month until I graduate. It may increase, depending on how my grades (my parents cut a deal with me).

Now is it worth spending money on new clothing that's "in?" Undoubtedly, I love the styles. It really fits me, however is it WORTH it?

I can easily pick out what I like, and get it for college. But, how quickly do styles change? Is it worth investing all that money in new clothing? Or is it better to wait, and save the cash?

Note: My closest is pretty small. I do have a financial disadvantage, however the extra cash I will receive, is just that. Extra money that I could save, or do whatever I want - money for dates, etc.

What do you think is the best course of action?

El MonoLoco

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Men's clothing styles have changed so little in like 50 years that I doubt anything you buy now is going to go out of style in 6 months...

Shoot I still rock stuff I bought years ago....if it fits wear it...

Now if your clothes are all tatered you might concider replacing them, but if they still look good wear them...

Lately I've been getting back into wearing polo shirts, something I haven't done in years...don't know why just haven't....but instead of sweaters, Tshirts, etc...I look/feel better and have been getting a little more attention than usual.... But I also have a ghetto preppy thing goin on, I don't know what you like to wear.

Just keep your eye out and see what other people are wearing...then you can adjust things to fit your own style...

Fitch

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
El MonoLoco said:
Men's clothing styles have changed so little in like 50 years that I doubt anything you buy now is going to go out of style in 6 months...

Shoot I still rock stuff I bought years ago....if it fits wear it...

Now if your clothes are all tatered you might concider replacing them, but if they still look good wear them...

Lately I've been getting back into wearing polo shirts, something I haven't done in years...don't know why just haven't....but instead of sweaters, Tshirts, etc...I look/feel better and have been getting a little more attention than usual.... But I also have a ghetto preppy thing goin on, I don't know what you like to wear.

Just keep your eye out and see what other people are wearing...then you can adjust things to fit your own style...
I'm a complete prep - Polo, Abercrombie + Fitch (the jeans, the leathery bracelet, t-shirt), banana republic (kakis, button-up shirts), loafers, flip-flops... that kind of style. A professional/casual look.

So whatever I buy, it will be good for a year?

My clothes aren't ripped or anything, but I don't have a lot. I can list every item I have in two lines.

Here it goes:

#4 pants (three jeans, one kaki)
#1 Suit
#2 Jackets (Formal blazers, I suppose)
#4 T-Shirts + 2 polos
#4 Shirts + 2 long sleeve polo
#3 pairs of shoes
#2 Sweaters
#1 Jacket

That's basically it.

girlsarecrazy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Get clothes that fit. Muscle fit shirts from Abercrombie & Hollister are pretty good. Try getting vintage wash jeans that have some worn areas on them. Don't get white sneakers for sure. Try darker colors.

Marlimus

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
As a general rule, look at what every other guy is wearing, and then DON'T WEAR THAT.

Fitch

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My style is pretty unique - at least in my neighborhood. I don't notice millions of people wearing what I would like to wear; a sign of uniqueness, I suppose?

Good points guys. Any other tips, or comments to my questions previously posted in this thread?