Anyone really good at cold approaches

Thoroughbred

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I spot hot women all the time just doing everyday regular crap, but it is extremely hard to come up with something to say. The only thing that ever pops in my mind has been to just say hi and talk to them. I wish I was more creative.

hjsknksbm

Don Juan
Reaction score
What I usually do is try to find something unique about the situation so it gives me a reason to talk to her and it prevents me from having a loss of words.

Cheiradawg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have a 4.56% sucess rate on cold aproaches with hbs > 7. I use antidumps philosophy which encourages giving unsolicited advice.

THA REALNESS

Banned
Reaction score
What other way is there to meet women ,the hookup through mutual freinds ,school,?

You MUST learn the cold approach.

UNOWHO

Banned
Reaction score
"Anyone really good at cold approaches"

not me

Devestator

Don Juan
Reaction score
I just go up to them, say hi. I do the introductions and talk about them mostly. Whenever something is relevant to my life, I talk about that, so we seem similar. I nod and mirror their movements. Until the close, that girl is the most fascinating thing in the world. I excuse myself after a few minutes of talking and ask for a number. There are several articles about this very thing.

Remember, you don't have to be "good". A man who has a 10% success rate and approches 100 women gets more women than a man with a 99% success rate who appoaches one woman.

Also, cold calls give you automatic confidence credit.

Craig Reeves

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Cold approaches can be hard...

The reason why cold approaches are so difficult is not necessarily because of the ACTION of a cold approach - it is hard because most of us MAKE it that way. We believe that it is hard, so it will naturally be very difficult to us.

In reality, you already know what to say, it's just that you feel as if you aren't going to really be able to say it because you are so afraid of the end-result of what you are going to say, that you overthink the situation and become aware of what you think you don't know, thus stopping you in your tracks. Basically, you're doubting your own better judgment.

In fact, we've been knowing what to say since kindergarten!

Think about it, you made friends in kindergarten, right? Well....how did you meet them? That's right, you walked up to them, said "hi" and introduced yourself, and they responded and introduced themselves as well to you. How did you make friends in elementary school? The same way - you either walked up and introduced yourself to them, or they walked up and introduced themselves to you - anyway you slice it, somebody had to do the approaching, and somebody had to do the responding.

What makes this situation any different? Beautiful women are people too, and I'm pretty sure that most of them know how to meet people just like we all do. It's just that you doubt your own abilty to do so when you run across a hot woman because you feel that unless you do a damn good job, then she will not be attracted to you. We tend to get the impression that beautiful women see men as a dime-a-dozen.

I'm very successful with women, and I can tell you right now that I have a lot of extremely attractive women to choose from, because I can name you quite of few that wouldn't mind dating me. But I have never ONCE blown off a woman that was trying to pick me up that I didn't find physically attractive, EVER. The only times that I would blow them off was if they approached me badly.

In a nutshell, do what's been working for you your entire life - just walk up there and say, "Hey there, I'm (your name), what's your name?"

I tell ya right now, people just don't keep it simple like they used to!:D

Borgia

Don Juan
Reaction score
Do Bootcamp

Ice Cold

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I did a bunch of cold approaches until I got a enough girls wanting me.

Define what you mean "good at cold approaches"

Success rates:
95-97% actually talk to me, interact
I get the digits in about 70% of all cases
70 % of all digits are valid
out of about 20 girls, only 3 gave me legit digits and didn't go out

I think I'm okay, in the end, there's about 50% chance for me that I'll get this girl out for coffee. :)

As for openers I use eye contact, then hi OR the situational opener when you comment on the environment. I didn't try anything else though...

I find it's better to use kinda "neutral" and "uninterested" body language for the duration of the convo and NOT TO ask for the name until the end. Either conveys too much interest.

Then just ask for the number. You'll be surprised how often you'll get it.

I also find that if I just talk to random people and then approach, I feel much more confident.

Anyways, my 2 cents...

Austin Allegro

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A 'cold approach' should not really be 'cold'.

What happens to cold calling salesmen? They get the door slammed in their face, or they end up talking to nutcases who won't buy anything.

There has to be some kind of 'warmth' in the approach. If you go in 'cold', you're set up for failure.

So I think that just going up to random women and introducing yourself is not going to work, there has to be some kind 'warmth', ie some kind of justification for talking to them. If you just introduce yourself or say 'hi' or whatever, she will immediatly think 'pickup' and the ***** shields will slam down faster than a counter grille in a bank robbery.

Eg I've done cold approaches in an art gallery (just started chatting about a painting that an HB was looking at) on trains (asked if the train was going to a particular destination, got chatting) even in the queue for the toilets in a nightclub (asked if it wsa the queue for the toilets and got chatting!).

Thoroughbred

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Austin, I don't think a woman would think that if she thinks you are attractive. There are probably some women that aren't open to cold approaches no matter who it is.

DonJohn83

Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree with Austin.

Opening with "Hi" gives off the pickup vibe. This will only work if she's attracted to you and WANTS to talk to you.

Otherwise, you gotta say something witty/funny about your surroundings or the situation. I've tried the typical HI opener and CARE TO DANCE crap in clubs. It just doesnt work. The funny stuff does.

Just my experience,
DJ83

jwhite17

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree with Thoroughbred that you can approach women cold and be successful. That's what I did for 5 weeks over last summer, and I was successful(at least to me). I believe(from this site) that a women will instantly decide whether you are her type or not. So, looks make a huge difference in the cold approach game because she has nothing to base you off of in the initinal impression.

myfriendblu

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Oh man, its my bread and butter! Realistically, its the only way to go. if your waiting to meet people threw friends/work, forget it. the girls are out there, you just need to go get them!

Jwhite, i still say your throwing in your cards way to early. Your still green man, date around!

Reaction score
Direct magical approach:

Hi my name is brandon, and your name is? barbie it's a pleasure to meet you how are you feeling today...I see that your...ect ect..

Indirect approach:

while waiting in line at the check out stand:

you know it seems that I always pick the wrong line to get in..does this happen to you?

laughing. I'll bet you rarely have to wait long....Oh by the way my name is biff...and you are ...hello barbie

what have you learned? beside's barbie is a sl*ut?

you can go in straight or from the side. I preffer to approach from the side and act line I'm not trying to pick her up. Make a comment on the circumstances that you two are in or near.

practice for a week with 5 girls a day and your creativity will expand.

One on One

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I missed a cold PU opportunity today. As I was entering the local library, I spotted a cute chick exiting with a book in hand. I didn't know how to approach. A simple "hi", like others said, gives the pickup vibe and puts her defenses up. I thought of asking what book she got, but that sounded creepy (What if she was like, "I got "Lesbian Fantasies Vol. 3" or, on another note, "Murder for Dummies"). Any ideas?

hjsknksbm

Don Juan
Reaction score
What is wrong with a pickup vibe? At least your avoiding the friends role. Yeah, your setting yourself up to be rejected, but when your not rejected at least ur where u need not be, not friends.

So pimp its scary

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've had very little success in the straight cold pickup department, but usually if there is some sort of sign of interest I will go talk to the woman.

Even if it's only a subtle hint I will sometimes try my luck.

Sure, I might not pickup as many women, but I do get shot down alot less