Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

anyone own a Ferrari or driven one?

Deadly_Assassin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
As the title says, anyone own a ferrari or driven one? mainly a F40? what are they like to drive and stuff? I have only seen clips of them on the internet. Theres just something about the F40 being Enzo's last car... so simple, so powerful, so brutal and aggressive.... :crazy:

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Deadly_Assassin said:
As the title says, anyone own a ferrari or driven one? mainly a F40? what are they like to drive and stuff? I have only seen clips of them on the internet. Theres just something about the F40 being Enzo's last car... so simple, so powerful, so brutal and aggressive.... :crazy:

I thought about buying one.. but to be totally honest after test driving it compared to other cars of it's calibur I was very unimpressed. First of all, the interior can't hold a candle even lesser cars, and I am an interior guy.

Not that it didn't drive great.. it didn't drive 230k for a new car great if that makes any sense

I drove a 360 Spyder

STR8UP

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hopefully within the next year or so I would like to pick one up (spyder), even if I decide I don't like it and end up selling it. One of my business partners deals in exotic cars, so if I take my time I can buy the car right and possibly even make a couple of bucks on it if I don't like it.

Actually, my partner picked up a Lamborghini Gallardo a couple of months ago. He ended up selling the car to his brother before I had a chance to drive it. Last I heard his brother is tired of it and might want to sell it back to him. Might have a second chance to give it a test run yet...

He also had an '06 Carerra that I got to take for a spin. Not bad, plenty of balls, but my 350z is a MUCH smoother ride for 1/3 the price.

Anyone wanting a great sports car for a reasonable price- I would recommend the 350 any day of the week. It isn't going to get you the rock star treatment like a Ferrari would (and most of the time that's a GOOD thing), but it's still fast and it gets plenty of compliments.

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
STR8UP said:
Hopefully within the next year or so I would like to pick one up (spyder), even if I decide I don't like it and end up selling it. One of my business partners deals in exotic cars, so if I take my time I can buy the car right and possibly even make a couple of bucks on it if I don't like it.

Actually, my partner picked up a Lamborghini Gallardo a couple of months ago. He ended up selling the car to his brother before I had a chance to drive it. Last I heard his brother is tired of it and might want to sell it back to him. Might have a second chance to give it a test run yet...

He also had an '06 Carerra that I got to take for a spin. Not bad, plenty of balls, but my 350z is a MUCH smoother ride for 1/3 the price.

Anyone wanting a great sports car for a reasonable price- I would recommend the 350 any day of the week. It isn't going to get you the rock star treatment like a Ferrari would (and most of the time that's a GOOD thing), but it's still fast and it gets plenty of compliments.

If you are talking about a Carerra GT, you aren't going to find one under 400k, but god damn they are things of beauty.

They keep selling Lamborghini's back to each other for a reason.. I see why they are called Italian trash. They are no wear near their worth. They don't drive very smoothly.. they just drive fast and they are nicely designed.

I settled on an Aston Martin Vanquish... best decision I made in a while. I have two other cars, but I treated myself to one exotic type car. I never drive it, I may have putting 1500 miles on it since I have had it, about 5 months, and that's pushing it.

To date, I have only had 2 girls in this car... and my ex is one of them. I tell girls they have to earn the right to ride in that car.

It's exotic, but it's not Lamborghini exotic. If I wanted to, I can drive it to say, Barnes and Noble and not come out with 10 people standing around my car, which is good because I know every exotic car in Little Rock off the top of my head. One guy has a Red 2006 Fererri Spyder, one has like a 2004 blue one, there is one Carerra (not GT) and Joe Johnson keeps his RR Phantom down here, and one guy has a Masiriti (sp). I thought about getting a Lotus, simply becuase no one would have any idea what in the **** it was, but I hate the new ones, even though they are unreal cheap (like 35-40k)

Has the best sound system I have ever heard and has enough getup in it to get from point a to point B fast as hell.

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
STR8UP said:

I still think a Porsche Boxster S is a great value.. I love porsches, and you get a 2004-2005 for like, 35-40k

Soupar

Don Juan
Reaction score
backbreaker said:
If you are talking about a Carerra GT, you aren't going to find one under 400k, but god damn they are things of beauty.

Some guy in my neighborhood is always driving around a carerra gt... sick car.

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That is one car that I can honestly say is worth the sticker price... you would literarly have a waiting list for ass, and I am talking about HOT ass. I get looks and stares in my AM, even though alot of people don't knwo what it is.. can you imagine a GT?

then again, I like to thinkt hey are looking at me becuase I am soo damn cool

Deadly_Assassin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Man its awesome to hear you guys are doing so well and are succesful. I am really going hard with my flight training so I can finish it asap and move overseas looking for a job.

The 360 spyder is pretty hot. But I wanna know about the F40. I mean not even a fricking stereo in that thing, the car only has one purpose, racing. I wouldnt own one for the ass, although I wouldnt mind the ass, but I want it for the thrill of driving it.

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I couldn't have a car without a stereo... It's just not that damn serious.

I have a 200k car, but yet I have to ride around listening to my Ipod becuase my car doesn't have a freakin radio? You have to be kidding me.

I'm not too much of a fast driver anyway. The fastest I have ever been in my AM is about 110 and I squirm at that point... but got damn it got there fast as ****.

You don't know how many of these young thunder cats try to race me at stop lights, stupid **** like that. I ought to get a sign that says "dude, it's a freakin Aston martin, get real"

On a side note, if you want to have a nice sporty car, and don't have the budget that I have worked to have (but you will have in the future) get a late 90's model Lexus SC300... Perferably a 99'.

This is the car I drive on a normal basis, and in all honestly, It's just as good looking, inside and out as alot of these guys newer corvettes and what not.

I bought it 2 years ago, and i paid 23k for it but now I saw one ebay, same exact car for like 12.5k.

I'm thinking about giving it to my Little Brother for his 16th Birthday in the end of July and getting another every day car (hell of a Bday present)

I did a little work to it, basically added a better sound system, and put some 19 inch Givonnai's on it. I drive it around town, dates, etc... If I had to sell all my other cars, I wouldn't even care, I can easily get just as much ***** in this car.. i just have a taste for expensive cars, otherwise this would be my only car.

Brian20o2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
backbreaker said:
You don't know how many of these young thunder cats try to race me at stop lights, stupid **** like that. I ought to get a sign that says "dude, it's a freakin Aston martin, get real"
Hahaha. Maybe they just wanna see how fst you can go? But damn... Those Aston Martin's are amazing. One of the most beautifull cars ever made.

STR8UP

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Another fine looking automobile I see around here from time to time is the Bentley GT. That's likely the car I would buy if I wanted an understated everyday driver that also happens to be exotic. It's the kind of car that demands respect, but not in a LOOK AT ME....I HAVE A BIG PENIS kind of way.

BMW

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Aren't you people worried about parking an expensive car in your driveway. That gives a clue to the would be robbers that there is a rich person here. Let's break in and take what we want.

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That's why they make garages.
I keep my other car outside

OfficeSpace

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
backbreaker said:
That's why they make garages.
I keep my other car outside
You own a Aston Martin and you've still got another car and you one of your posts was you are planning on buying a place next to the beach in San Diego... You're one rich ass dude! And you're like what? 20 year old!! Dang man.. I wish I knew what you knew!

MetalFortress

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
BMW said:
Aren't you people worried about parking an expensive car in your driveway. That gives a clue to the would be robbers that there is a rich person here. Let's break in and take what we want.
Most ironic post ever. (hint: username)

But yeah, that's what garages are for. And he parks his 1999 Lexus on the driveway - while it is a luxurious car, it's not the kind of car that will make robbers go "Hey, this guy has the motherload!"

His house got broken into already, but I'm sure the car wasn't the giveaway.

Skel

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think its stupid to spend more than 50k on a car

spider_007

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Skel said:
I think its stupid to spend more than 50k on a car
I think it's stupid haw people spend 10 000 to make a NEON or a 12 year old Dodge Shadow look good (rims, mufler, roll cage...) :down:

unamean

Don Juan
Reaction score
i drove my friends 360 modena f1 around the block. it was the sickest sounding car ever. for me tho i already drive a kinda fast car (bmw m3), so i would need something a lot faster. preferably a f430 or a ford gt.

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
m3's are soo damn cool. that was my dream car for awhile

I have two other cars. I don't like to talk about what i have much (why?) but I do well for myself.

someone broke in my house on christmas (posted here) so right now I am in an extended stay hotel and my Aston Martin is parked in my dad's garage at his house until I get another ho use, which will be in the next month or so here.

My other two cars, which are nice but not Aston Martin Nice, are here where I am.

And it's more than likely going to be Newport Beach.. not San Diego :)

Actually I didn't mention this, but it just so happens that the day my house was broken into, I had let my best friend borrow the car for the weekend. I wasn't going to drive it, and the keys were in my bedroom, so I would have been hella pissed if they just plain "took" my car. I don't do that often, they usually don't ask, but it was like the 2nd time I have ever let anyone else drive that car.

One of my two best friends has a 1993 Mercery.. I don't know the model but it's the big big long car. I think he paid 3k for it when he bought it. He has now got it painted royal blue, has 22' spinning rims on it.. all while the car has engine problems that needs to be addressed.

I look at that and I remind meself everyone can't have money.

I'm not a huge fan of rims, but if done in a tasteful way (rims that fit, with the right tires) it can add alot of value to the look of the car. I would never touch my AM.. it's an AM for crhists sake.

That's like what Chris Rock said about the Bently having rims on it. The Bently sells itself, you don't need the rims.

But like I said, I have 19' rims on my lexus, and they are a perfect fit. Dosn't raise the car or look big, or alter the way it drives.

My other car is a jeep, and I am really am not a fan of putting rims on jeeps... Their jeeps for crying out loud

PRMoon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I use to work at an exotic car rental shop, so i have acess to pretty much all models of high performance sports car. I keep in close contact with my former boss and we go to the exotic dealerships around Vegas and check out the auto auctions for good pricing on cars for the shop.

First off the F430 is indeed the best super car (for the money) on the planet. It's comfortable inside and it handles like a beast even at 180mph (yes there's plenty of places around here where you can drive that fast without worring about police). You should accept no substitue if your lookin for a top dog sports car and don't want to spend more then 250K. If you want go to one step higher you should concider the F599 Maranello, which is the V12 model. 600 horse with an aluminiumfram means at this point you're the meanest thing on the road.

If you want to go porche I recommend the Cayman, It's more then just a hard top Boxster S. The mid engine placement combined with a new stability program makes this car handle almost as good as the 360's do and the cost conciderabely less. They're comfortable inside, they're not over powered and they'll cut up city streets like no other. Unless you can afford the GT2 (which is limited production) this is the porche you should look at if you like the model.

Lambo's are nice too but trust me when I say the F430 is a better purchase then a gallardo or a murcielago. They do have the F1 shifting too but it's not as good as the version thats available on the Ferraris, concidering ferrari came up with the paddle shifters, this is not suprising.

If you're looking for a quality sports car for not alot of money I'd concider getting a G35 coupe over the 350z. It's slightly faster and has a far more comfortable interior and has a back seat. The only reason you should go with a 350z is if you like convertables. Actually the car I most pefer over just about any sports car under 100K is the new Z06. And concidering it's the first corvette to be sold over seas, there's good reason for quality drivers to gun for this car. It's light, it's fast, it's adgile, and it's powerful. Through and through this is a quality super car that can go handle to handle with the best of them.