Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Anyone in here familiar with self-hypnosis?

thegamedontwait

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hello. Is anybody in here familiar with self-hypnosis and knows how to use it in order to become more confident and overcome the fear of approaching women and maybe even overcoming my little problem that I posted about before (slight shaking of the neck when making eye contact)?
Ive read some articles and a pretty long book about it before, but didnt fully understand some parts and stopped it cause I was abou to graduate. I wanna take it up again and learn it properly to improve my life. If anyone is willing to help me please holla. Any help/advice is appreciated.

ClosetMisogynist

Don Juan
Reaction score
The easiest starter book for hypnosis for anyone is the Complete Idiot's Guide to Hypnosis. I used it to self-induce a non-smoking habit on me that lasted 18 months. I kind of ****ed myself in that with the hypno-script I tied it to the approval of a then girlfriend. otherwise It would have still been in effect.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Look into Neuro Linguistic Programming (NLP). It's easy to understand and some aspects can help you make personal adjustments almost immediately.

thegamedontwait

Don Juan
Reaction score
I've already read a book about self-hypnosis (a pretty thick one) and I guess Im gonna read it again so I can start doing it properly, any other advice what I could do until Ive finished reading that book again? I read some article on here about just picturing stuff in your mind or something so it's easier to actually do it. Anybody tried this method and had good experiences with it?

maybe Im gonna buy that other book, though.

Does anybody know how effective hypnosis induced by a professional is? I once saw a report on TV and rather few hypnosis sessions with a professional made them drop the bad habit of stuttering. Is it really that effective? (I might even wanna consider this cause Im studying business administration, so being more outgoing and open to other people will be a great benefit for my career also.)

Walden

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah that NLP tony robbins style is money.I've been using it to help my sports training as well as to stop choking in my DJing and it's been a massive help.
It is a skill tho and you do need to practice it to get better.

Digitz

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
If you want the power to change your abilities and behaviors almost instantly read "An Introduction to Neuro-Linguistic Programming : Psychological Skills for Understanding and Influencing People" by Joseph O'Connor.

I bought this book junior year of highschool and it totally sky rocketed my life in so many ways.

Last edited: